PCC Todd.0 or BUST! My adventure in climbing out of debt! 10/13 T-Minus 29 hours!

As far as the money front goes, I am jumping the gun a week early with my ticker, because next week I will be paying $1000 to my Discovercard! Then I will have one more large payment and I will be done with that card. Then it will be time to tackle our DVC loan! :scared1::cheer2:

WOW - that's fantastic! :banana: Congratulations.

I know people have said not to finance DVC (which we did), but it's already paid off in what we would have spent just these past couple years and this one. As a bonus, without a car payment for DH, we've been putting a little extra towards it and have already knocked another year off the loan. You'll love watching how quickly it can come down.

So we decided on what restaurants to try! We are only repeating one....I decided to do Garden Grill instead of Akerhaus this trip because I think Nana would like to see the Princesses in December and we are going to Chef Mickey's in December too.

So here are the finalists.....

Garden Grill
Cape May
Olivia's Cafe
1900 Park Fair
Kona
Mama Melrose's
and Casey's

So that would be 6 new restaurants if we try all of them!

Made our ADR's tonight, still have to think about Cape May and where I want to put it, and if we want to go for breakfast or dinner...any suggestions?

Every night at 9pm Illuminations! Spectro 1 hour before Wishes on days Wishes is.

15- AK open til 8 pm Wishes 10 pm
16- HS open at 8 am Wishes 10 pm Kona 5:05 pm
17- AK open at 8 am Garden Grille 7 pm
18- Wishes 9 pm Mama Melrose...change to the 21st? Fantasmic 7:30 pm HS open til 10:30 pm
19- Epcot open at 8 am Halloween Party Casey's
20- Epcot open til Midnight Wishes 9 pm Olivia's at 2:05 pm- Epcot Open late
21- MK open at 8am Fantasmic 7:30 pm 1900 Park Fare 7:20 pm
22- AK open til 8pm leave for Tampa

I already see that maybe I should switch Mama Melrose and 1900 Park Fare.

SURPRISE! We just got back from Disney World!! Here is a link to our Trip Report!
[post=36630040]SURPRISE! We are at Disney World getting Muddy![/POST]

ADR's to book for our December trip are fast approaching, less than one month to go! And here is Nana's Wish List!

50's Prime Time Cafe
Boma (of course)
Cape May Cafe
Captain's Grill

Chef Mickey's
(of course! Maybe twice?!!)
Coral Reef
Spirit of Aloha
Donald's Safari Breakfast
Fantasmic Dining Package

Garden Grill
Kona Cafe
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Ohana
Ohana - Breakfast
Crystal Palace
Tokyo Dining???

Bad news! Aaron's favorite ride....it's a small world will be down for refurbishment until 10/22. That is the day we leave for Tampa! I really hope it comes out of refurb early. This is going to be hard to explain to a 3 and 1/2 year old why he can't go on his favorite ride. He went on it 19 times his last trip! :scared1:

I didn't know It's a Small World was down for refurb! :sad2: Henry didn't get to ride last trip, and he won't this time either, that stinks! Good thing he doesn't remember it from previous trips, so he won't know what he's missing. :rolleyes:

I gotta get caught up on your Surprise trip!

How's the debt? We have a bit on our CC now from moving expenses, but with Joe's new job (and a nice bonus in Feb.) we should have no problem paying it off and then paying the DVC off! :dance3:

Hey Brook! So Happy to see you back on the DIS!

I have really been loving following along on your blog about your move! The Brooklyn Bridge looks amazing and old!!

So you didn't sell your DVC after all?!?! :banana: When are you guys planning on going back?

Yeah, I am hoping Aaron doesn't remember it from previous trips either, but who am I kidding...when anyone mentions Walt Disney World the next thing out of his mouth is it's a small world!

My debt is done....well not really, but the main chunk of debt is gone. We have about 2 thousand on a 5% interest until it is paid off and the balance on our DVC and of course my student loan debt, but that interest is nothing! Almost there! Been plugging away at couponing too, saving about a grand a month off retail price with coupons and sales. I noticed that you have a CVS within walking distance! :cheer2: Extra Care Bucks!

Yeah you will have no problem paying if off! I love your place, can't wait to see more pics of it! All your pictures are making me really want to visit NY again! I haven't been since I was 4 but I remember it fondly and the PIZZA!

We do have a CVS very close - matter of a fact I was JUST there. :laughing: I haven't gotten into the couponing yet for CVS, but I plan to. Most of the stores around here don't accept internet printables - but I think CVS does. So far I've just been watching the sales and taking advantage of those, I have to figure out what newspapers have the coupons too!

Congratulations on getting rid of most all your debt! That is fantastic! I bet it feels great too. We have a bit on our credit cards now due to the move, my student loan and DVC left. Hopefully it will all be gone within a year or two....then we can buy more points. ;)

We do have a CVS very close - matter of a fact I was JUST there. :laughing: I haven't gotten into the couponing yet for CVS, but I plan to. Most of the stores around here don't accept internet printables - but I think CVS does. So far I've just been watching the sales and taking advantage of those, I have to figure out what newspapers have the coupons too!

Congratulations on getting rid of most all your debt! That is fantastic! I bet it feels great too. We have a bit on our credit cards now due to the move, my student loan and DVC left. Hopefully it will all be gone within a year or two....then we can buy more points. ;)

We always seem to need more points! How are things?

Flying in early AM on Friday October 15th...arrive at Disney around 11 am. ME to OKW...Animal Kingdom EMH til 8pm....Bob Jackson this evening at the River Roost.

Saturday October 16th:
EM Morning HS
4:55 pm 1900 Park Fare
Magic Kingdom
10 pm Wishes

Sunday October 17th:
EM Morning AK
All the parks close tonight at 7pm.
Old Towne in the evening

Monday October 18th:
12:00 pm Mama Melrose
7:30 pm Fantasmic
EM Evening HS open til 11 pm

Tuesday October 19th-My Aunt, Uncle and Cousins will be here this day for their volunteer ticket, which they are using on the 20th to go to MK, I don't know if they have ever been to Disney...must talk to them!
EM Morning Epcot
All the Parks close tonight at 7pm
Downtown Disney!

Wednesday October 20th:
4:20 pm Garden Grille
EM Evening Epcot til 12am

Thursday October 21st:
EM Morning- MK
Casey's
Halloween Party??

Friday October 22nd:
Check out

Head to Tampa
And staying at the Palm Crest for cousins wedding
http://www.palmcrest.net/

Saturday October 23rd:
Wedding at 6 pm on the Beach

Sunday October 24th:
Hang at the Beach

Monday October 25th:
Hang at the Beach...Head home for our 7pm flight from Orlando.

We are eating at Olivia's somewhere in there too.

You are further along in your plans for your October trip than I for my September. :laughing: Have you ever eaten at Mama Melrose? This one was on our list one time, but got canceled last minute because we were sick - it made the list again for September and I haven't looked much into the reviews lately!

I checked out your blog - you are doing awesome! The CVS here acts like they have never seen a coupon. Stacking? FORGET ABOUT IT! They get so confused! I have pretty much given up couponing and just shop the sales. A bit annoying, but there are some excellent deals here - especially on produce - so it balances out. I've subscribed to Amazon's monthly delivery for most of our toiletries, there are some great deals there!

You are further along in your plans for your October trip than I for my September. :laughing: Have you ever eaten at Mama Melrose? This one was on our list one time, but got canceled last minute because we were sick - it made the list again for September and I haven't looked much into the reviews lately!

I checked out your blog - you are doing awesome! The CVS here acts like they have never seen a coupon. Stacking? FORGET ABOUT IT! They get so confused! I have pretty much given up couponing and just shop the sales. A bit annoying, but there are some excellent deals here - especially on produce - so it balances out. I've subscribed to Amazon's monthly delivery for most of our toiletries, there are some great deals there!

We are leaving our plans for October very loose too! We are just going to hang and go where we feel like...very few ADR's very different trip...and it will be the 1st time we will be there just the 3 of us!!
I ate at Mama Melrose a long, long time ago...when I was in the 7th grade. I remember their ummy pizza...but who knows if it has changed.

Thanks! I feel like I am doing awesome....but the pocketbook doesn't show it yet...too many trips coming up that need to be paid for...still have to pay off our cruise balance, and pay for the rental car and a few hotel stays. That is weird about your CVS...annoying! That is great that you have good deals on produce! Oohh..I recently checked out that monthly delivery from Amazon...really neat!

December 3rd Friday:
Arriving Aaron and Nanaless...have no clue what we are doing this day
We will be checking into some hotel...perhaps Pop!

December 4th Saturday:
7:15 pm Citrico's (I am pretty sure this is our last signature restaurant to try!)
Watching Wishes on the beach of the Grand Floridian again, like we did in May of 09 after our anniversary dinner at Narcoossee's

December 5th Sunday:
Aaron and Nana arrive
Check into Jambo House Savannah view Studio (we will be on the dining plan this week)
Head over to the MK for a few hours
5:00pm Captain's Grille
EM Evening- HS open til 11 pm

December 6th Monday:
EM Morning- AK 8am-9am
Lunch- Flame Tree BBQ
5:00 pm Kona
EM Evening-MK open til 11pm

December 7th Tuesday:
EM Morning- Epcot 8am-9am
Lunch-Yakatori House (but I think this is changing, because Nana wanted teryaki chicken, but they make this with dark meat)
7:00 pm Hoop De Doo! MY 1st Time!!

December 8th Wednesday:
7:45 am Cape May Cafe
Hollywood Studios
Lunch-Farifax Fare (the only edible counter service at HS!)
4:45 Boma!
EM Evening- Animal Kingdom open til 10pm ?!?!? Unheard of!

December 9th Thursday:
EM Morning- MK 8am-9am
Lunch- Colombia Harbor House (of course Jason needs his dose of Disney Chicken Nuggets!!)
8:00pm Spirit of Aloha

December 10th Friday:
Checking into Pop! Booked the bounceback for this weekend in May
Animal Kingdom....really again? :rotfl:
11:15 am Tusker House
8:00 pm Ohana
Evening- Epcot open til 12am

December 11th Saturday:
EM Morning HS 8am-9am
7:45 pm Chef Mickey's

December 12th Sunday:
Check in to Kidani Savannah Studio
7:30 am Boma for Breakfast
Take a ride over to the port for PCC 2.0!

Will finish this schedule later! We hope to squeeze in Sanaa somewhere too! :scared1:

ohhh boyyy.
I am back!!!
took me a little while to catch up! But, i'm back!!

i just love, love, love your pictures.:banana:

Thanks! I feel like I am doing awesome....but the pocketbook doesn't show it yet...too many trips coming up that need to be paid for...still have to pay off our cruise balance, and pay for the rental car and a few hotel stays. That is weird about your CVS...annoying! That is great that you have good deals on produce! Oohh..I recently checked out that monthly delivery from Amazon...really neat!

But just think - if you weren't doing awesome, you wouldn't be able to go on all these trips! :thumbsup2

I don't think I remember/didn't realize that your October trip was just you three! Very cool! And great idea about keeping it loose with a little one. It's a much more magical time if you let them "lead" and have time to stop and play with the fountains and ducks! :laughing:

I laughed at your comment about Jason and his chicken nuggets. I think I have YET to try a Disney chicken nugget, but I do read a lot about them, so at some point I guess I'm gonna have to try them!

ohhh boyyy.
I am back!!!
took me a little while to catch up! But, i'm back!!

i just love, love, love your pictures.:banana:

Hi! It's been a while! Welcome back! How are your plans coming, or did you already go?

But just think - if you weren't doing awesome, you wouldn't be able to go on all these trips! :thumbsup2

I don't think I remember/didn't realize that your October trip was just you three! Very cool! And great idea about keeping it loose with a little one. It's a much more magical time if you let them "lead" and have time to stop and play with the fountains and ducks! :laughing:

I laughed at your comment about Jason and his chicken nuggets. I think I have YET to try a Disney chicken nugget, but I do read a lot about them, so at some point I guess I'm gonna have to try them!

Yes, that is very true! I wanna start saving for a house soon though!

Yep the October trip is just us three! I am really excited about it, but the funny thing is Jaime is also going in October and she is going the exact dates we are going and we just happened to plan it like that.

Yes, it is almost as bad as you and the corn dog nuggets, although he has not gotten his photo taken by a photopass photographer with them yet ;).

A Fun trip just the 3 of us!!
232323232%7Ffp53387%3Enu%3D3246%3E933%3E7%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3487889438328nu0mrj

Flying in early AM on Friday October 15th...arrive at Disney around 11 am. ME to OKW. Who am I kidding??? We have a rental car this trip! Jason has made a request to stop a Chick-Fil-A the same one we stopped at on our honeymoon in 2006...
232323232%7Ffp53396%3Enu%3D3246%3E933%3E7%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3487873%3B%3B9328nu0mrj

Animal Kingdom EMH til 8pm....Bob Jackson this evening at the River Roost. (Have yet to see Bob Jackson, and have never rode EE in the dark)

Saturday October 16th:
Lake Eola for the Ferris Walk
4:55 pm 1900 Park Fare (1st time eating here)
Magic Kingdom
10 pm Wishes

Sunday October 17th:
EM Morning AK
All the parks close tonight at 7pm.
Old Town in the evening
232323232%7Ffp53393%3Enu%3D3246%3E933%3E7%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3487889277328nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp5337%3A%3Enu%3D3246%3E933%3E7%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D34878892%3C4328nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53377%3Enu%3D3246%3E933%3E7%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3487896339328nu0mrj

(When was the last time you had fun like this?)

Monday October 18th:
12:00 pm Mama Melrose (haven't ate here since I was 13)
7:30 pm Fantasmic
EM Evening HS open til 11 pm

Tuesday October 19th-My Aunt, Uncle and Cousins will be here this day for their volunteer ticket, which they are using on the 20th to go to MK, I don't know if they have ever been to Disney...must talk to them!
EM Morning Epcot
FOOD AND WINE!!
232323232%7Ffp53398%3Enu%3D3246%3E933%3E7%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3487889444328nu0mrj

All the Parks close tonight at 7pm
Downtown Disney!

Wednesday October 20th:
4:20 pm Garden Grille (ate here on our 1 year wedding anniversary...and no we were wet from our water bottles :P)
232323232%7Ffp53379%3Enu%3D3246%3E933%3E7%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3487889262328nu0mrj

EM Evening Epcot til 12am

Thursday October 21st:
EM Morning- MK
Casey's
Halloween Party??

Friday October 22nd:
Check out
Head over to the Great Exploarations Children's Museum in St. Petersburg

Head to Tampa
And staying at the Palm Crest for cousins wedding
http://www.palmcrest.net/

Saturday October 23rd:
My cousins wedding at 6 pm on the Beach

The happy couple:
n1226834953_30338586_1835.jpg

Sunday October 24th:
Hang at the Beach

Monday October 25th:
If we didn't get to ride iasw head over to Magic Kindgom and ride iasw as many times as we can!...Head home for our 7pm flight from Orlando.

We are eating at Olivia's somewhere in there too. (I hear they are pretty good !)

Hanging out with Wallis and Leo? some day too.
38551_594144163525_35404785_34907942_1982976_n.jpg

Oh and can't forget about Castmemember Meg!
29005_1261744983727_1232784488_30593126_1341359_n.jpg

You are going to get to do It's A Small World!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY! I'm so excited for Aaron! :goodvibes I so wish it were open this trip for Henry. Thankfully we WILL be back before he outgrows it.

What is Old Town? I thought that was in the Chicago area. :laughing:

Looks like a really great trip, Disney, family, the beach and more Disney. Ahhhh....:thumbsup2

I love that PP pic of you two kissing Aaron. If I think of that, I'm stealing that idea!

You never out grow iasw! I love it! :lmao:

Old Town is just a http://www.old-town.com/ a bunch of cooky shops and weird things to do. It is fun! It is in Kissimmee

I am really looking forward to our trip 29 days!!!

I love that pic too! The PP photographer suggested you do that! I am going to have to remember to do it again this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter