PCC 3.0 Formal Night

bawpotter

Earning My Ears
I can't wait to get on the ship for PCC 3.0, but I have a few questions:

1. What night is formal night?
2. How formal is formal night? What clothes are accpetable?
3. I know that we eat in each of the reasturants once, on their menu. Then we eat in two of them again, but on different menus? Can anybody explain this?
4. How lenient are the CM's with a 10 year old getting into Edge? I want to make sure my family is all happy.

I think that's it for now, thanks for the help!

Can't wait to see all of you on board!

Great question! Looking forward to hearing the answer too!

See you in just over 2 months! WOOHOO!

I believe there are going to be two nights on this cruise in which you want to dress up. Monday will most likely be optional dress up night and Wednesday will be semi formal night. There is no full formal night due to this cruise being short.

Semi formal night is just a night to get a little dressed up. Not really sure how to explain it but there is no need for a tuxedo for men and gown for women.

According to the 5 night navigators I have been reading, each night is a rotational menu except for Tuesday night which I believe is pirates night. Doesn't make me sound happy as i hope to not walk into the same restaurant offered the same food.

Usually the kids clubs are pretty lenient with getting someone into the next club. But, I believe a 10 year old has access to both oceanneer club and lab. Edge is extremely small due to the age size. Your child might be more happy in the club and lab most likely since it is a bigger space and more to do. But, my recommendation is that once you get into the terminal and check in head right for the youth activities check in and ask them directly there.

Hope this answers your questions and see you n 2 months.

I believe there are going to be two nights on this cruise in which you want to dress up. Monday will most likely be optional dress up night and Wednesday will be semi formal night. There is no full formal night due to this cruise being short.

Semi formal night is just a night to get a little dressed up. Not really sure how to explain it but there is no need for a tuxedo for men and gown for women.

According to the 5 night navigators I have been reading, each night is a rotational menu except for Tuesday night which I believe is pirates night. Doesn't make me sound happy as i hope to not walk into the same restaurant offered the same food.

Usually the kids clubs are pretty lenient with getting someone into the next club. But, I believe a 10 year old has access to both oceanneer club and lab. Edge is extremely small due to the age size. Your child might be more happy in the club and lab most likely since it is a bigger space and more to do. But, my recommendation is that once you get into the terminal and check in head right for the youth activities check in and ask them directly there.

Hope this answers your questions and see you n 2 months.

So, would khakis and a polo shirt be enough? And what about the kids?

We eat ONE of the restaurants menus twice, that's fair.

Do you know the age range of Edge? Are there more 13 year olds, or more 11, or is it truly a mix?

Thank you so much for your help so far!

I would say that is more appropriate for cruise casual. I usually see men wearing a suit nice shirt and black pants and women wear a nice dress shirt and black pants also. My view on semi formal is that it is a died down version of formal night but not with all the fancyness.

The age group for edge is 11-13 I believe.

So, there IS a "semi-formal" night??? I was told it was all cruise casual...
Are there guidelines somewhere? Not that I'm doubting anyone here, but there is conflicting info everywhere.....
Thanks!

Hi Folks,

Cruise dress codes can become a hot button issue (like refilling mugs and pool hopping).

How you dress on "dress up nights" will be entirely up to you.

You will see folks in everything from shorts and a Señor Frogs tshirt to tuxedos and ball gowns.

There will be ship photographers available for photos, usually with a back drop or the all white back drop that is popular. If you want a photo of your family, group, spouse etc if your "dress up" clothes....this would be the time to do it.

As for rules and regulations....people will tell you that there is one right way and it's usually their way. This is not the case.

Make yourself happy with what you wear on "dress up" night. It's your vacation.

If a photo of your family in their formal best is going to make you happy....go for it. We have seen folks in kilts, kimonos, Star Trek costumes and one lady who wore two scarves (I'm not lying!) tied in ways that she thought covered everything. She was wrong.

My best advice....dont stress over this.

DCL recommends no shorts, tank tops, bathing attire, hats (on men) or clothing with anything off color written on it for the three dining rooms.

If you are wondering if what you were thinking of wearing might have "off color" writing on it.......dont wear it.

Palo and Remy have far stricter dress codes. Palo insists on long pants, shoes (not sneakers) and a collared shirt (but preferably a jacket) for men. Remy insists that men wear a jacket, sport coat, blazer etc and has a selection for you to borrow should need arise. Shoes too, believe it or not.

That's pretty much it.

Thanks, Kevin.
This is what I've pretty much been told.
But IS there a designated semi-formal/dress-up night? Where does this info come from?
Best,
Gretchen

Ugh, now I have anxiety. I had planned on a dressy top and a pair of "dressy" shorts for one night in the MDR.

And Kevin's right, this is a HOT topic on the DCL board. I had no idea!!

I can't wait to get on the ship for PCC 3.0, but I have a few questions:

1. What night is formal night?
2. How formal is formal night? What clothes are accpetable?
3. I know that we eat in each of the reasturants once, on their menu. Then we eat in two of them again, but on different menus? Can anybody explain this?
4. How lenient are the CM's with a 10 year old getting into Edge? I want to make sure my family is all happy.

I think that's it for now, thanks for the help!

Can't wait to see all of you on board!

Formal Night (or as Disney calls it, Dress Up night) is on the second night of the cruise. You will see everything from tux and gown to shorts and tees. DCL is really lax on their dress up policy compared to other lines. Personally I am usually dress pants and a blouse, while my husband and son are in casual pants and button shirts. For our family, we like casual and not having to pack a ton of formal clothes makes the cruise more fun for us! Others love the chance to get in their dress up clothes and go all out--I enjoy looking at how cute they are.

I believe others have answered about the dining rotation.

There is always a chance for an exception, but in regards to the Edge, I would not be surprised if the 10 year old can't have access. When on the Fantasy in March I spent some time with the councellors asking about enforcement of ages. They explained that DCL is getting stricter on enforcing age requirements. However it is worth an ask. I would do it during the open house on the first day. I was told once a club is chosen they would not be able to move back down.

Ugh, now I have anxiety. I had planned on a dressy top and a pair of "dressy" shorts for one night in the MDR.

This would be just fine. My guys often where cargo style shorts to dinner. We defintiely are on the casual side of the dinner dress scale. It doesn't bnother us at all. Some people feel uncomfortable if they are not as dressed up as others--we don't!

Honestly do what you are comfortable with. I know reading the cruise boards the entire dinner attire issue can seem like a big one--it really isn't. Relax, have fun, be comfortable!!

The "no shorts" thing is really for adult men.

I have seen little kids in shorts that looked great.

As for women....this is really out of my realm and don't know what to tell you.

Please don't let this create anxiety.

We'd rather have you at dinner in what you have, then to not have you come to dinner.

Remember....this is "us". ::yes::

I say we call his bluff.;)

Christy....only pack "mankinis" for Mike.

Bet we don't see him once all cruise.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter