Paying tip query - not th amount!!!

scoobydooby2016

Mouseketeer
Despite 10 trips I am never sure how to write on the receipt when paying tips and have been caught out more than once been charged a tip on my card when I've left a cash tip. So can someone please talk me through how to fill in the receipt please. Next tripbwe have the dining plan so I want to use credits for the meal but leave a cash tip. Still unclear how I should complete the receipt so I'm not accidentally tipping twice. Many thanks.

the only way to ensure it, is to make your magic band only have credits on it and not allow it to be used for purchases (don't authorize a credit card on it)..
that way, the only thing they can charge on your magic band is the dining plan credit..
i had exactly the same problem as you, so on the last trip i just didn't authorize using the magic band/key card as a payment system...just dining credits only..

but to answer your question, this is what to do on the receipt..

typically, the receipt will have an amount...and then below it there is a blank line for a tip, and then another blank line for the total..

you should put a line across the tip line - don't leave it blank...actually put a line through it...
and then put the total in the total line...

so say, your bill was $20..
put a line through the tip line..
and then write in $20 into the total line...

this should be ok....
but not necessarily...

the only fullproof method is not authorizing your magic band/key card for charging

Yup, if you are paying cash for the tip, just put $0 or put a line through the tip section then fill in the total section at the bottom with the number already listed on the receipt.

Then just drop the cash on the table. :)

EDIT:

Do make sure your server knows your are paying cash though. I'd hate for them to think they are being 'stiffed', which does happen, especially with foreign visitors not used to tipping.

Ive always put "No Tip", wrote in what the amount was and given cash, but told the server, as I always give them the opportunity to do what they like with the cash. I hope they keep it quiet as I want them to have it all !! Im not interested in what people think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter