paying off the house do you get a deed

Just searched thru all my documents from paying our house off years ago. Somehow, Wells Fargo was still listed on our State Farm homeowners policy, and I needed to get them removed for a roofing claim.
Good luck. I've been trying to get Allstate to take a second mortgager off of my home insurance for YEARS. Somehow they keep putting it back on - I think it's because when the mortgager released the lien, they didn't provide the information for the county recorder to "link" the records properly - it's all recorded OK, the lien and release records just aren't linked together properly. I suspect Allstate has an automated system or something that reads those records and due to the lack of linking decided the lien still wasn't released. One day I'll deal with it all - I have the paperwork that shows everything paid off. (See my note on keeping paperwork and not burning it "just in case" - well, this is the kind of case I'm talking about LOL)

Good luck. I've been trying to get Allstate to take a second mortgager off of my home insurance for YEARS. Somehow they keep putting it back on - I think it's because when the mortgager released the lien, they didn't provide the information for the county recorder to "link" the records properly - it's all recorded OK, the lien and release records just aren't linked together properly. I suspect Allstate has an automated system or something that reads those records and due to the lack of linking decided the lien still wasn't released. One day I'll deal with it all - I have the paperwork that shows everything paid off. (See my note on keeping paperwork and not burning it "just in case" - well, this is the kind of case I'm talking about LOL)
I talked to the nicest guy at State Farm. Told him the problem. He told me what he needed to take Wells Fargo off the policy - nothing from the county that holds the deed. I emailed him the documents, he had Wells Fargo off within 24 hours. And reissued the check for our roof damage without Wells Fargo as a payee.

Sorry you are having issues. Maybe call and talk with someone else? I happened to get the best guy on the phone.

You may want to check with your local recorders office for fraud alert notifications. More and more of them are offering this service for free and will alert you anytime a property transaction in your name occurs. I signed up for it here and it works great. No need to check your property records every month.

If you're an Orlando Local, the Orange County Comptroller does have a Property Fraud Alert Notification. You just need to sign up for it.
I am local, but not Orange County. My county does offer an alert service. Good advice and thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter