Paying off Balance with Disney Gift Cards?

butterflymouse

Mouseketeer
I have heard that you can pay off your resort charges with Disney gift cards, but I'm curious to know how it works specifically at the Fort. Would I have to go to the front desk daily to pay off my charges for the day? Or can I go just 1 or 2 times over the course of the trip? How much is the charge limit before they will automatically charge my credit card? I like the idea of not having to carry any money, with the exception of a little emergency cash, while I'm in the parks, so I would like to know what others have done, and how I can make sure I pay my balance before my card is charged. Thank you for any input you all may give me.

I brought all my gift cards up to front desk the day before check out and had them applied to balance. Credit card was charged the next am for remaining balance. I'm not sure of charge limit but we had no problem with week long trip.

The MDE app just added the ability to see charges to your room. If you ask the front desk when you check in what the limit is before they charge the card (or maybe @TheRustyScupper knows), this new feature should make it a lot easier to settle your account with a gift card.

The MDE app just added the ability to see charges to your room. If you ask the front desk when you check in what the limit is before they charge the card (or maybe @TheRustyScupper knows), this new feature should make it a lot easier to settle your account with a gift card.

I didn't know about this, but what an awesome new feature. This is probably what I will do.

there may be a time limit but there is definitely a balance limit before they charge your card...not that I would know

Charge limits are $500.00 for value, $1000.00 for moderate and $1500.00 for deluxe.

P.S. The limits are now $1500 for value and moderate, and $2000 for deluxe.

Last edited:

Oh boy... I'm staying at a deluxe! Bucket list item checked off!
The list I found was from the Mom's panel, either it's outdated or always been wrong. Or the Fort CM was wrong. Let us know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter