Paying for Tips *** DCL Makes a Change ***

I really think it is time for people to stop assuming PrincessTrisha is a cheapskate or just doesn't want to tip at all in order to save money. Like I said previously, she has posted on another thread why she removed those tips.

Actually, I would like to apologize to PrincessTrisha for my post - it was rude and tasteless and I think that it shows that I shouldn't stay up late posting on the Disboards when I've had a bad day.

I haven't read through this entire post as I find it bizarre that people get so bothered by others stating their opinions but anyhow - prepaid gratuities seem like service charges as the customer has not even received the service as of yet! Of course I expect to receive excellent service (I wouldn't book with them if I thought otherwise!) I also expect to tip accordingly however the only issue I really have with this is that I do not have a US-issued visa card. As such I will be waiting in line -ugh- to change payment to cash.

Not sure I totally love this, although we did pre-pay our tips on our Dream cruise (and also stuffed the tip envelope with extra cash for our fabulous stateroom host Noel!)

But I do think it is likely to make lines at Guest Services somewhat shorter as people will not have to wait in line to add tips to their on-board account. I'm a fan of shorter lines!

Travel safely, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter