Paying for hotel

yensidisney

Earning My Ears
question! My friends and I are trying go to Disney world this summer... 2 of us are 17 and one of us is 18... so my question is can we pay for the hotel using Disney gift cards? Will the person who is 18 be required to use a credit card regardless? Can you used a debit card instead of a credit card? Thank you so much

Thank you for your response! The only reason I'm wondering if you have to have a card to the hotel room is for damaged expenses..

In all my travels so far WDW Resorts are the ONLY places that don't require a credit card.

But they will require, at the very least, a debit card, correct? I'm wondering, if that's the case, do they put a monetary hold on the debit card account. I had this happen to a friend of mine at a hotel in FL and it temporarily decimated her bank account.

But they will require, at the very least, a debit card, correct?

Not unless this is a very recent change at WDW. I have booked and paid solely with gift cards and since I did not want to charge back to the room, I was not required to leave a card, credit or debit, on file.

Every other hotel I have ever been to in the last 10-15 years has required a card on file. At a few, if I only had a debit card with me, there was occasionally a hold amount, but not always. Usually the debit was only used if I was not planning for the hotel and did not have my credit card n me.

My one question is will they allow people under 21 or 25 to book a room? Most places require someone older than 18 to book and stay in rooms.

Not unless this is a very recent change at WDW. I have booked and paid solely with gift cards and since I did not want to charge back to the room, I was not required to leave a card, credit or debit, on file.

Every other hotel I have ever been to in the last 10-15 years has required a card on file. At a few, if I only had a debit card with me, there was occasionally a hold amount, but not always. Usually the debit was only used if I was not planning for the hotel and did not have my credit card n me.

Interesting. I never would have imagined WDW would allow guests to check in without a credit or debit card on file simply because of the possible risk of room damage or furnishings being stolen. Live and learn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter