• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passport question...

flortlebap

Disneyiac!
Okay, so I've just found my passport, and it's battered! The outside cover and chip photo page is ok... But the pages are either dirty or the ink has run due to water damage.

Do I need a new passport? I'd rather pay the money now than get to the USA and be turned away... Is it likely to be a problem? Help!

I found this answer on the US Government's Travel Site

a:If your passport has been significantly damaged, especially the book cover or the page displaying your personal data and photo, you will need to apply for a new passport.

You will need to submit the following in person (See Where to Apply):
The damaged passport
Form DS-11

All documents required by Form DS-11, including citizenship documentation (i.e. birth certificate)

Water damage, a significant tear, unofficial markings on the data page, missing visa pages (torn out), a hole punch and other injuries may constitute “damage” requiring use of Form DS-11.

You can ask in your local Post Office for them to have a look at it! My boyfriend's wee brother was going on holiday recently and his passport was in tatters, he asked in the Post Office and they advised him that he'd be better getting a new one. Although it wasn't the US he was going to they did say he could chance it but there was a chance he would get out of the UK with it but then not accepted in at the other end. Worth asking them!

Okay, so I've just found my passport, and it's battered! The outside cover and chip photo page is ok... But the pages are either dirty or the ink has run due to water damage.

Do I need a new passport? I'd rather pay the money now than get to the USA and be turned away... Is it likely to be a problem? Help!

dh's passport was in the same state as that - water damaged on the edges of the pages and he was told in the post office that he would have to get a new passport

Thanks both, new passport it is. Kicking myself for leaving it this long, I knew it was a mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter