• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passenger counts this week?

Got off the Dream today. I didn't get any numbers but it felt like 80% full compared to our past cruises. It felt like if there were a few hundred more people there is no way they could maintain their current distancing, etc. In fact, last night they were peeling the blue wait here stickers off the decks.

Just off the Dream today and I was told 2200 and that is where they planned on keeping it for a bit. I was on the Fantasy in September with 1200 and it was a cool experience but I actually enjoyed this a bit more. Enough people that things felt lively and there was that energy in the game shows and nightlife but limited enough that I could always find a lounger when I wanted one. This felt like a sweet spot for me.

Just off the Dream today and I was told 2200 and that is where they planned on keeping it for a bit. I was on the Fantasy in September with 1200 and it was a cool experience but I actually enjoyed this a bit more. Enough people that things felt lively and there was that energy in the game shows and nightlife but limited enough that I could always find a lounger when I wanted one. This felt like a sweet spot for me.

thanks for the update. Curious to hear what the Fantasy number is too. I agree, our cruise last month was 2000+ and it was crowded, but not uncomfortable. completely Different than my two September cruises. One of those was 900.

It’s been spring break season since mid March. Many many schools have already had spring break. It’s a 4-5 week span of time .
Thought of you last night watching a network news story on Spring Break. The airlines are bracing for the week of April 11, Easter Week, which the airlines say is the busiest week of Spring Break season for them. So sounds like Easter week is still the biggest spring break week overall.

Thought of you last night watching a network news story on Spring Break. The airlines are bracing for the week of April 11, Easter Week, which the airlines say is the busiest week of Spring Break season for them. So sounds like Easter week is still the biggest spring break week overall.

We shall see.

In my area of CA, Spring Break starts on Easter... I'm boarding the Wonder Easter Sunday. Hoping to have a bunch of people there with me. I like that Deck 9 energy

I think a lot of the northern schools have Easter week off. Schools that get out in May typically have Spring break in March. The March spring breaks are usually staggered.

I think a lot of the northern schools have Easter week off. Schools that get out in May typically have Spring break in March. The March spring breaks are usually staggered.

my grandkids get out of school in May here in WV (NW area). Their spring break doesn’t start until Friday April 15th and the entire week afterwards.

my grandkids get out of school in May here in WV (NW area). Their spring break doesn’t start until Friday April 15th and the entire week afterwards.
That unusual. Growing up our Spring break always coincided with Easter. I’m not sure when things changed. The state I’m in now is always March.

Public schools here get out in May, and Easter Break for them has always been (and still is) the week before Easter, which this year is April 11. Catholic Schools traditionally have taken the week after Easter. HOWEVER checking the calendar this year they are taking both weeks off.
My son played High School baseball at a Catholic High School and it was a mess. The Easter Baseball Tournaments were in a public school league so they were all day during the week BEFORE Easter, so he missed like 3 days of school that week. And the next week they had their usual two games a week at 4 pm, which depending on how far away the game was, meant he missed little if any school.

we were on the fantasy the end of February-first week of March and our total was reported at 2060. Now that the port test has changed, and some rules loosening up since then, I’m watching to see if the numbers go up. We are back on the Fantasy in 3 weeks (April 23rd)
I’m going on that cruise too! My first cruise!

School is out here in May. Spring Break was last month
School is out in May here too. Easter break starts tomorrow. Watched a story on the network news last week that the airlines are bracing for the busiest air travel week starting tomorrow. So seems a lot of folks still take Easter week as Spring break.

School is out in May here too. Easter break starts tomorrow. Watched a story on the network news last week that the airlines are bracing for the busiest air travel week starting tomorrow. So seems a lot of folks still take Easter week as Spring break.

It's the week following Easter in Massachusetts this year. It overlaps with Patriots' Day.

It's the week following Easter in Massachusetts this year. It overlaps with Patriots' Day.

same for WV too. Good Friday and the week after Easter, plus my granddaughters will be our the following week after that week to cruise with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter