• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party of 4 - Change Dining Reservation only for two

marcus.ka

Disney Hotel Fan
We are a party of 4 (two rooms but only one MyDisneyExperience account).
I have made reservations for all our evenings for the four of us as one party.
But for one party I have booked us in two separate restaurants (two and two), and after doing so I realised that I have mixed up the reservations.
Can I change the reservations online without having to cancel them? One of the restaurants is 'Ohana and I don't want to cancel this one as I won't get this one again. The other restaurant is Liberty Tree and I would get this one definitely.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking. Do you mean you booked for four when you only needed to book fro two - or that you booked for two when you meant to book fro four. Or that you booked in the wrong name?

If you have booked for too many, it is not a problem at all - as long as at least one person shows up for a reservation, you will not be charged if other members of the party are missing. Although I would recommend changing the reservation if you can as you will be taking up a larger table that you don't need. You cannot amend dining reservations online though, you would have to call. If you have booked for two and needed four, you will not be able to amend it unless there is a reservation available for four people.

If you booked for the wrong members of your party, it doesn't matter as long as one of you shows up to the reservation.

I have booked for A&B 'Ohana and for C&D Liberty Tree. But I wanted to book A&B in Liberty Tree and C&D in 'Ohana. How can I correct this error of mine?
If I cancel 'Ohana I will not get it again. Liberty Tree should not be a problem.

You cannot amend dining reservations online though, you would have to call.

You can now amend ADRs online (new thing that started a few months ago)

You now have a ''change reservation'' link under the reservation number on ''my reservations'' on MDX (as well as a ''cancel reservation'' link)
This allows to change time and number of guests
Enter new number of guests or new time, submit search and choose from the available time slots to update the ressie

I have booked for A&B 'Ohana and for C&D Liberty Tree. But I wanted to book A&B in Liberty Tree and C&D in 'Ohana. How can I correct this error of mine?
If I cancel 'Ohana I will not get it again. Liberty Tree should not be a problem.

Easiest and safest way is to leave things as they are

A&B will just need to say they have a reservation for Mr or Mrs C (whoever is lead on that ressie) and C%D will check in at their restaurant as Mr and Mrs A
They wo nt be asked for ID
If they charge on magic bands/ddp it doesn't matter since it will be charged on the magic band scanned at the restaurant, so whoever eats there will be charged no matter the name on the reservation
In the end the name on the ressie is just a name, you could even set up a dummy guest named donald duck and make ressies in his name ;)
As long as each party remembers what name the ressie is under, you're fine
Hope it makes sense

Last edited:
Or as per my previous post. Forget it till you get there and get your hotel concierge to change the names for you. Easy.

Interesting Elise79. So if I would know that "John Smith" has a reservation for "Be our guest" for 6pm today I could go there and tell them that I am John Smith? Cool. ;-)
I always thought they would check your Magic Band to see whether you have a reservation or not.

I don't think it happens a lot that other people knows about someones reservation and tries to check in in their name ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter