Party of 2, "your tiny table is ready" DR 2/16-2/23/17. Complete

Loving your throwback pic!!! And suddenly craving lots of chocolate and rice crispy treat. I have no idea why :-)
Love those Mickey rice crispy bars, the Minnie cookies are so good as well, love them with my coffee in the a.m. I love looking at the old pictures to!

We ate at Tokyo Dining for the first time on our most recent trip, and we really enjoyed it. My husband & I both love sushi, and ours was very good! That carrot cake cookie looks so delicious every time I see someone post a pic of it. I'm gluten free, so it's off limits for me, sadly. I've been wanting to try GG for breakfast, but again, to me the highlight is that huge sticky bun, and I can't have it, darn it! Love the throwback pic. How adorable!
Thanks! Love looking at all our old pictures of Disney, hard to believe my baby is going to be a senior next year! Glad you enjoyed Tokyo Dining. I can imagine the gluten free can be challenging at Disney, especially with all the baked goods.

What a throwback
Such a sweetie, you were the best traveler even at age 5, you were born to travel to Disney lol!

Great pictures! Snacks are one of my favorite things about WDW trips
Thank you, before every Disney trip I think of all the different snacks I want to try, there are so many! Andi was a great traveler even back then!

The smelitzer :smooth:
That's what it is called! Cool

Joining in a little late . wanted to comment on the table for two situations. We were a party of two in the fall and had similar bad tables. Yachtsman - up against a wall - via Napoli wasn't as bad but close to others -homecoming we waited for a bigger table after seeing the twp top we would have been given practically at the hostess stand. At captains grill for breakfast , the place was almost empty and they wanted us to sit next to the loud big table. The host couldn't believe we wanted a different table and got on his Little earpiece and said they don't want this table ! Can I seat them somewhere else ? Seriously , the place was 1/4 full if that . If it had been busy , I wouldn't have asked but after our earlier experiences we were over the crappy two top deal. Thanks for letting me vent ! Looking forward to the rest .
Ugh! The dreaded two tops can be really bad! I asked for a different one at Via Napoli and I got the same type of response, Andi was so embarrassed, teenagers. I understand the need to serve as many people as you can but there are some bad set-ups out there especially with two people. Thanks for following along and letting me vent as well lol!
Loving your reviews! Your review of skipper canteen made me a little less nervous about bringing the picky eaters there in December :-)
Thank you for reading and commenting. Andi still is talking about how much she enjoyed Skippers and she is really a picky eater. I have heard the pork dish is really good as well. It is really cool in there, I hope you get a better table then we did lol!

2/22/17, Day 7. The day the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down. Sanaa and Dole whips

This was our last full day and the forecast did not look good, rain was predicted for most of the day ugh!
I have to say we have been really lucky most of our trips with very little rain so a full day of rain was a bummer! We ventured out to MK so we could see the new Welcome Show! We were able to get pretty close to the castle so we had a good view. I have to say it was okay but I love the one at the front much more. This did appear to be quickly put together, so nothing to special but cute!
IMG_0982.JPG

One of the PP photographers was so sweet, he stopped Andi and loved all her pins, she has been collecting pins since 2009, she doesn't really trade, she collects ones that are special to her and our trips. He took some nice pictures of her with all her pins, the Walt pin is her favorite, it has the castle on the outside and when you open it Walt is inside. We stayed at MK for a few hours and made it back to AKL before it really started to rain.
IMG_0924.JPG

We had an ADR for Sanaa at 1:15, we took the shuttle over to Kidani, this was so nice it was literally waiting for us to and from, very convenient. We spent some time looking around at Kidani and the animals out in the rain. We checked in and were seated quite quickly. We had a tiny table but it was next to the window and we had a great view of the animals out on the safari. The giraffes was out walking around the whole meal, also many different birds. Sanaa was busy, I think the rainy day had many staying at the resort and enjoying a great lunch. Now I know why all you foodies brag up Sanaa, it did not disappoint!
IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0992.JPG

We started with the bread service and all nine dipping sauces. This was so good, I loved the traditional naan the best and would get just that next time, but we did enjoy sampling the other breads. I was so hungry and this hit the spot. Andi really liked the spicy dipping sauces and I loved the hummus one and the mango chutney. We decided to share the Potjie Inspired dishes, we went with a vegetarian one and meat one. The vegetarian one was the Paneer Tikka and the meat was the Braised beef, the meal comes with scented basmati rice. The Paneer is a white cheese that does not melt in a curry type of sauce, this was okay, very different. The Braised beef was so delicious. Everything went well with the rice and the left over bread. Yummy, doing the happy dance with this meal. We had a very nice waiter, he checked back enough to keep our waters filled. Two thumbs way up for this meal, atmosphere, and service. We did get 20% off with the AP so our bill was $42.94.
IMG_9687.JPG IMG_9688.JPG IMG_9689.JPG

We spent a nice relaxing afternoon back at our room, I think we both crashed for a couple hours with our full tummies. We decided to brave the rain and head back to MK. It was just sprinkling so we did PoC, Jungle Cruise, and then it really started to rain so we hopped on a monorail and went to the Poly. We decided to have Dole Whips. Andi had the float and I had the vanilla and pineapple swirl. The swirl is my favorite and you can only get at the pineapple lanai:cool1:IMG_9695.JPG IMG_9696.JPG The Poly was very busy because of the rain, we hopped back on the monorail and shopped and listened to the band at GF, then we went to CR, we tried to watch Wishes but with the rain and fog it was hard to see it, I was surprised they had Wishes because it was pouring out. Andi was a little teary -eyed and bummed because it was our last Wishes and it was not to good with the rain! :umbrella: It was EMH at MK tonight so at 10pm I left Andi with her friend and I went back to the room to pay our bill and get ready for departure day. Andi said the rain let up and MK was really quiet so they had a great time doing many attractions.
IMG_0842.JPG

Stay tuned for our last day, we eat lunch at Casey's Corner!

People say a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home. I loved your review is Sanaa. I really want to eat there but DH isn't sure of the food for our kiddos. I told him Disney is great at offering things for picky kids. I really just want the bread service

Signing on late since you've just got departure day to go, but everything looks so delicious! Your daughter's collection of ears is fantastic!

I love Sanaa! My husband & I try to eat there every trip, and get the bread service. They make an amazing gluten free naan! The first time I had paneer cheese is in their tomato soup, and I really really like it! It's an odd texture of cheese, but I like the chewiness of it. Sorry it rained on your last Wishes. That would make me sad, too!

We had a tiny table but it was next to the window and we had a great view of the animals out on the safari

We are also victims of "tiny table for two." Once at Sanaa, we ordered the full bread service and two wine flights. We hadn't finished the bread or wine when the meals came put, which were "trio dishes," two meats with rice or three salads. (I don't think they are on the current menu.) Both the wine flights and the entrees were served in special holders. With the bread, there was no room at all left on the tiny table. It was a very awkward meal.

Thanks for your reviews!

People say a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home. I loved your review is Sanaa. I really want to eat there but DH isn't sure of the food for our kiddos. I told him Disney is great at offering things for picky kids. I really just want the bread service
I agree I would rather be in Disney on a rainy day then being at home on a nice day! Sanaa was wonderful, I definitely think your kids would like it, they of course have a kids menu with standard Disney fare, the atmosphere there is so nice and the bread service is so awesome!

Sanaa looks delicious! Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you for reading and commenting, our last day is coming up:guilty:

That bread service was so dang delicious
I would definitely agree!

Signing on late since you've just got departure day to go, but everything looks so delicious! Your daughter's collection of ears is fantastic!
Thank you for reading and commenting, we really had some great meals this trip. Andi does have many different themed ears, she shops on Etsy at a shop called bows and beads, many cool ears and they are comfortable!

I love Sanaa! My husband & I try to eat there every trip, and get the bread service. They make an amazing gluten free naan! The first time I had paneer cheese is in their tomato soup, and I really really like it! It's an odd texture of cheese, but I like the chewiness of it. Sorry it rained on your last Wishes. That would make me sad, too!
I agree Sanaa will be on our must do list. The Paneer cheese definitely had an odd texture, but it was very tasty and unique. The rain was a bummer especially on our last full day.

We are also victims of "tiny table for two." Once at Sanaa, we ordered the full bread service and two wine flights. We hadn't finished the bread or wine when the meals came put, which were "trio dishes," two meats with rice or three salads. (I don't think they are on the current menu.) Both the wine flights and the entrees were served in special holders. With the bread, there was no room at all left on the tiny table. It was a very awkward meal.

Thanks for your reviews!
Thank you for joining in, the tiny tables are a pain, my phone fell off the table several times because there just was not room for everything! It is awkward when there is so much on the table, it makes it hard to enjoy because you are concentrating on keeping the food on the table. So glad the good food and the view we had made up for it!

2/23/17, Day 8, Our last day:guilty: MK fun, Casey's Corner, and a wrap up!

Our last day was here already. Our trip's go by so quick :sad:. We had a 6:30pm flight so we had until 3:30 to enjoy the MK. We used the resort airline check in and left our carry on bags with bell service at AKL.
We had a few breakfast items left from Garden Grocer so we snacked on those and then headed to MK. We had FP+ this am so we did not rush, we arrived right around opening time and we rode PP, BTMRR, and met Elena and Cinderella. Elena was new to us as a meet so this was fun, Andi spoke with her in Spanish.
IMG_0843.JPG IMG_0844.JPG

We decided to eat lunch early at one of our favorite quick service places Casey's Corner. I decided on the foot long hot dog meal and Andi went with the corn dog nuggets. We shared all the fries. We really enjoyed our lunch. My hot dog was very tasty, the fries were fresh, and the corn dog nuggets were very crispy and flavorful. We sat outside and listened to the piano player, enjoyed the food and of course watched the Disney ducks! Our bill was $20.00.
IMG_9748.JPG

We were able to add 3 more FP+ before we had to head out. We went back to AKL and waited for the ME to take us to the airport. We bought a few snacks in the airport and we were back in chilly Duluth, Minnesota by 11:30pm. We had good flights and the snow storm that was predicted to start that evening stayed south of Minneapolis so we did not have any delays or problems.

Here is a wrap up of favorite to least

1. Sanaa

2. Yak and Yeti

3. Tokyo Dining

4. Skippers Canteen

5. The Boathouse

6. Sci-Fi

7. Chef de France

8. Garden Grill

9. BoG lunch

10. Pecos Bills

11. Casey's Corner

12. The Mara

13. The Fountains

So there you have it, overall we really enjoyed our dining choices this trip. The tiny tables definitely can play a part in your enjoyment of the restaurant, so some of the places would have been even better if our tables would have been a little bigger!

Thank you everyone who joined in!:stitch:

Oh no, how can it be over already :-)

So, so glad to hear you all loved Sanaa. It's always one of our favorites. And like you we really like the regular naan the best so that's all we usually get.

Thanks for sharing all your dining adventures. Especially the ones that share my childs name :-)

Hello from Minneapolis! I Really enjoyed your report, my husband and I always seem to get the tiny table for 2 as well, it seems like there's barely enough room for your food and you really get to know your dining neighbors! It looked like you had a good time and ate some really yummy food, glad I was able to read about it!

I just read all your dining report and enjoyed it very much. I kept thinking that we are a family of 2 this trip, so we are going to have similar table as you and your daughter had. I have small two tops.

I fell so ridiculously far behind :rolleyes1 except for the rain you guys had a great trip and even made the most of that day! So glad you enjoyed Sanaa, we've been 3x and always enjoy it. The paneer sounds interesting.......
I'd like to go back to Sci fi but DH wasn't a big fan so I need to convince him. Really what I need to do is make a reservation there and tell him about an hour before we go lol!
I LOVE Andi's Walt pin :love: and I just realized she's @JuniorSkipper :D

My daughter has a peanut allergy too. I know everyone is different, but I've always assumed that my daughter can't have any of the baked goods--cupcakes, cookies, etc. Ice cream at Disney works. Are the baked goods safe for allergy sufferers and I've always assumed wrong. She'd love that.

My daughter has a peanut allergy too. I know everyone is different, but I've always assumed that my daughter can't have any of the baked goods--cupcakes, cookies, etc. Ice cream at Disney works. Are the baked goods safe for allergy sufferers and I've always assumed wrong. She'd love that.
Andi can have baked items that are processed where peanuts maybe so any baked item that does not have peanuts in it she has been okay with. I always worry and I seem more nervous about it as she gets older, must be because I don't have as much control any more. She has not had a reaction since she was 4 years old when she ate a peanut butter cup, the doctor always says because of her reaction back then keep her away from peanuts, I have an epipen at all times wth us. I do know some people who have grown out of allergies but Andi has not been tested. The cupcakes at BoG are made by the chef and he came out and told us it was fine for her, he just did not put the candy pearls on it because they came from a different place. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter