Party of 10 with 5 and 5 split reservations

Knaedudley

Earning My Ears
Had anyone been recently with a large group? There are 10 of us all family so of course we couldn’t make reservations most anywhere for that size. Instead we just split our party in half and did ressies for 5 and 5. If we have to check in on mobile is there a way to let them know we are technically together. Now I clearly understand that we can’t all sit at the same table. Just hoping to get us in the same close vicinity so splitting the bill will not be a pain.

Did you try calling? They might be able to add a notation to your reservations that you’re together, so they’ll seat you as close together as possible. We’re in the same boat - party of nine, split into multiple party sizes - with ADRs made by calling in.

We're here now. We've been doing that all week with a party of 9. After checking in both groups, approach the podium and let them know. Sometimes they can put us together, sometimes not. It's me a 9 "kids" (some are in college) so I've been paying the bill. No problem there. Just let the server know. The places we had great luck getting seated all together are: Rain forest, Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey brunch
Places where we were sat "nearby" : 50s Prime Time
Places where they were not able get get us "near" each other : Sci Fi, the Plaza
Some things that helped us - figure out in advance who will sit where if they are not able to put the party together. In terms of splitting the bill, this might be important. I did it to avoid fighting and complaining too :-)

WendiDarling shared some good advice. We are here now with a group of 10. Most of our reservations are for a group of 6 and a group of 4. We have also checked in with mobile check in and then approached the podium to explain the situation and request if we could be sat together or near each other. We were sat near each other at Whispering Canyon. We were sat together at Yak and Yeti, and Be Our Guest.

Following as we'll have a large group when we're there next week. We've got 2 reservations for 6.

All the family is on my MDE...I make all the plans..approval by them...nest Feb 2021 its 12 of us..i didnt have a problem seating us together at some places...but now when i make an ADR for 6 of us it wont let me make it or the other 6...Do I call...we always treat....i mean if we arent sitting close thats fine i guess...but i cant even make another

All the family is on my MDE...I make all the plans..approval by them...nest Feb 2021 its 12 of us..i didnt have a problem seating us together at some places...but now when i make an ADR for 6 of us it wont let me make it or the other 6...Do I call...we always treat....i mean if we arent sitting close thats fine i guess...but i cant even make another
That’s why I called. I made one partial ADR via my MDE and then tried to match it via my DH’s MDE for the rest of our party but couldn’t get that one any closer than 90 minutes to the first one! So I called bright and early as soon as phone ADRs opened and didn’t have to wait very long on hold at all. The wonderful CM Edith took care of everything!

If you make the 1st reservation using another person in your party as the lead guest, it will let you make a second reservation with you as the lead guest. That's alwasy worked for me. I use one of my adult daughters as lead guest on the first reservation. Then I can make another for a nearby time. I find it's easier to do this on the website than the app.

We were a group of 10 for our recent trip (11/28-12/5) and had split dining RSVPs for groups of 7 and 3 for BOG, GG (only 8 people here), LTT, and Oga's. When we checked in for all 4 places we spoke to the cast members at each place and explained our situation and each time they were able to accommodate us and sit us all together at a single table each time. Can't guarantee that will always happen but it was nice for us, especially at LTT where we got the large, single round table that sat all 10 of us.

If you make the 1st reservation using another person in your party as the lead guest, it will let you make a second reservation with you as the lead guest. That's alwasy worked for me. I use one of my adult daughters as lead guest on the first reservation. Then I can make another for a nearby time. I find it's easier to do this on the website than the app.
Oh man, I wish I had read this before I started making ADRs! With your daughter as lead guest, are you able to modify/cancel that ADR yourself, or is she the only one who can modify/cancel?

Thanks...I will try that...next time ...I ended up calling and had the 6 i made then CM did 4 and then 2....

Oh man, I wish I had read this before I started making ADRs! With your daughter as lead guest, are you able to modify/cancel that ADR yourself, or is she the only one who can modify/cancel?

Sorry I'm so late replying. I was able to modify/cancel her reservations on the app, but not on the website.

That’s why I called. I made one partial ADR via my MDE and then tried to match it via my DH’s MDE for the rest of our party but couldn’t get that one any closer than 90 minutes to the first one! So I called bright and early as soon as phone ADRs opened and didn’t have to wait very long on hold at all. The wonderful CM Edith took care of everything!
What number did you call? Is it different from the regular dining one? Thanks

What number did you call? Is it different from the regular dining one? Thanks
Yes it was. I got it by trying to book a party of 9 at Mama Melrose - and then somehow I lost it after I called, sorry. I think it might have been the Special Events number.

Yep this is what we did too. 5 and 5 for our party of 10. At the restaurants they were all super happy to help with however we wanted to pay. They almost always got us close together too. Although I found it didnt really matter. It was nice to have a touch of a "break" from the large group and we all would just meet up outside after. Enjoy!

I wouldn't worry about it. Surely there are 5 people in the family who you don't like as much and you can sit them together. :)

We had a group of 10, and were always able to sit with/near each other. We even got cars next to each other at Sci Fi.

We approached the podium before checking in, and they adjusted the ADRs right there on their iPads.

I had tried to combine them before by calling customer service, but they were no help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter