PART THREE! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyDreamerMN said:
:thumbsup2 We are actually making it for dinner or as I like to call it, Brenner (Breakfast for Dinner). So in about an hour.

I made it for breakfast one Sunday and I think we were in a Tonga Toast haze for the rest of the day!!

tmbowers said:
Watching my girls and their excitement is my favorite part of Disney, too! They are 7 and 4 and everything at WDW is magical to them, especially the princesses! princess: Of course, it's pretty magical to me too!

Advice please...I was looking at booking a reservation for CP, but I'm not sure if the girls at their age would enjoy it. I'm afraid they might get restless. Has anyone else taken younger kids and if so, what was your experience?

I love how its all very real for them. Last year in DTD my then 2 year old would stare up at the building entrances with the giant characters and go "wow...." she was in complete awe!! My girls are younger - 1 and 3... I know they couldn't sit still for that long for the CP. I really want to do it too but know at this age it would be a waste of $...

Tltorrez said:
Welcome! Is this your first time at the holidays?

Be sure to check out posts 1-3 for all the exciting info.

Last year we went beginning Nov. So the holiday lights were up. That was our first time. For our honeymoon we went end of January and it was dead!! But that was 18 years ago, I hear its never like that anymore.

tmbowers said:
Watching my girls and their excitement is my favorite part of Disney, too! They are 7 and 4 and everything at WDW is magical to them, especially the princesses! princess: Of course, it's pretty magical to me too!

Advice please...I was looking at booking a reservation for CP, but I'm not sure if the girls at their age would enjoy it. I'm afraid they might get restless. Has anyone else taken younger kids and if so, what was your experience?

CP - Crystal Palace??? If so, we went last year for lunch with almost 3 yo. She loved it. We're going back on 12/3. If CP is something else, let me know. Lol!

KimBeano said:
CP - Crystal Palace??? If so, we went last year for lunch with almost 3 yo. She loved it. We're going back on 12/3. If CP is something else, let me know. Lol!

I thought she meant candlelight processional at Epcot :) if it is Crystal Palace I want to change my answer!!

OT, but I just wanted to share that DSis outdid herself for the Skylanders party.

First, she made oreo cake pops in all the element colors.

Cake Pops by tltorrez, on Flickr

Then, she made a portal of power cake. This was actually her first attempt at fondant.

Portal of Power Cake by tltorrez, on Flickr

The party was great. :thumbsup2

Second, yesterday I was in Michaels looking for some gold garland to put in the resort room. And I found a super pretty red garland with shiny green holly leaves. So then I had a rather insane brainstorm. I took the scraps of gold glitter paper that were left from the ornaments, got out my Mickey punch and decided to hand stitch Mickey heads like holly berries onto the garland.

Mickey Garland by tltorrez, on Flickr

So far I've done 3 of 12 feet. I suspect I will regret this project. Either the night before I leave when I'm frantically stitching the last few feet or when I get there and find the whole thing was crushed in my suitcase. But for now I'm pleased with the results and we'll ignore the fact that I'm slightly insane. :rolleyes1

SAT887 said:
I thought she meant candlelight processional at Epcot :) if it is Crystal Palace I want to change my answer!!

I'm sure you are right. Makes a lot more sense. Silly me.

Last year we went beginning Nov. So the holiday lights were up. That was our first time. For our honeymoon we went end of January and it was dead!! But that was 18 years ago, I hear its never like that anymore.

It's probably busier than it was 18 years ago, but we went last year at end of January and it was still pretty dead. I think that's still the best low crowd time to go.

Tltorrez said:
OT, but I just wanted to share that DSis outdid herself for the Skylanders party.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8152228979/

Then, she made a portal of power cake. This was actually her first attempt at fondant.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8152233995/

Second, yesterday I was in Michaels looking for some gold garland to put in the resort room. And I found a super pretty red garland with shiny green holly leaves. So then I had a rather insane brainstorm. I took the scraps of gold glitter paper that were left from the ornaments, got out my Mickey punch and decided to hand stitch Mickey heads like holly berries onto the garland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8152252085/

So far I've done 3 of 12 feet. I suspect I will regret this project. Either the night before I leave when I'm frantically stitching the last few feet or when I get there and find the whole thing was crushed in my suitcase. But for now I'm pleased with the results and we'll ignore the fact that I'm slightly insane. :rolleyes1

Wow!! I do cakes (hobby not pro) and can't believe that is her first fondant cake. Way to go!

Tltorrez said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8152228979/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8152233995/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8152252085/

Great cake! I want to make a fondant cake one day- they look like such fun! Also your garland is awesome but can totally see why you would be cursing yourself!!!

Awesome cake and cake pops!

I love the garland! They should sell it in Target for those of us who are craft-impaired! :rolleyes1

Epic! That's going straight into my next Disney countdown newsletter (if it's ok with you). We're such a nerdy family- yesterday I texted a math joke to my son in college. All my ringtones are from scifi shows- my husband's is The Imperial March. :darth:

Of course I don't mind! I love to share the Force :teeth: I totally get you - I was brought up on Sci-fi through the 70's. LOL @ your hubby ... my ringtone is the Star Wars theme but I am known to play the Imperial March when doing housework Ha! Infact, my favourite shirt is my "I <3 Nerds" heehee.

Our vacation is paid off and I started my suitcase hehe

:woohoo:

She did an awesome job!

IMPORTANT'ish

I am actually hoping you guys are slow tomorrow on the thread as I will be out most of the day.

But if it does get locked while I am out...

1. Rest assured I will start Part 4 as soon as I am back in front of the computer.

2. I will ask that you not post on there till I have the first FOUR posts so I can squeeze all the important stuff in. So please do not post unless you know for sure I have 4 posts!

3. If it is locked and I don't have the opportunity to post a link on this thread, just look for it. You know will be back at the top again! :rotfl2:

IMPORTANT'ish

I am actually hoping you guys are slow tomorrow on the thread as I will be out most of the day.

1. Rest assured I will start Part 4 as soon as I am back in front of the computer.

2. I will ask that you not post on there till I have the first FOUR posts so I can squeeze all the important stuff in. So please do not post unless you know for sure I have 4 posts!

3. If it is locked and I don't have the opportunity to post a link on this thread, just look for it. You know will be back at the top again! :rotfl2:

We really should have our own sticky... Hahahaha :rotfl:

Wow! That cake looks amazing and so does your garland!! Quick question...I was wondering, when do you sleep!!?? :rotfl:

IMPORTANT'ish

:scared: Oh no ... what if we are temporarily without a home!

That review made me feel as though my suffering to get that ADR is going to be worth it. Josh doesn't seem terribly easy to impress, and he was. Except for the lighting, of course!

Of course I don't mind! I love to share the Force :teeth: I totally get you - I was brought up on Sci-fi through the 70's. LOL @ your hubby ... my ringtone is the Star Wars theme but I am known to play the Imperial March when doing housework Ha! Infact, my favourite shirt is my "I <3 Nerds" heehee.
Thanks! I saw a Hidden Mickey in my oil & vinegar tonight, which is not nearly as cool as the sky above Tatooine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter