Part Seven - Meg & Mom's Disneyland/Hollywood Adventure

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Cast.. Me (mom), 32 yrs & Meg (mature 8.5 yrs). Both LOVE Disney and Hollywood.This was our dream trip!
Day 7 –Jan 13

This was our last day in DL. We slept in and got the 10:30 shuttle. We were supposed to do the Lilo & Stitch Brekkie at 10:30, but we cancelled the night before, as we had decided not to waste more $$ on a character brekkie, after the princess experience. Before we left the hotel I went to make some coffee. I went to pour my coffee in the mug and saw something in the bottom – I smelled it, and it was dried leftover hot chocolate! I had some hot choc. mix with me for Meg, and made her a cup the morning before. I guess the maids only rinse out the mugs and turn them upside down. Another GROSS moment!!! I called the front desk and they said they would send clean mugs right away. 25 mins later there is a knock on the door. I was just about to open it, and in walked a maid. She barely spoke English and said “You want room cleaned today?”. Now – keep in mind that I still had the do not disturb sign on the door – and she came walking in after a quick knock. I was NOT impressed. I handed her the mugs and told her to get us new ones. She came back and said “You want room cleaned now?”. Nooooooooooo I don’t want the darn room cleaned right now!!!!!! I called the front desk and told them what happened and they said “Oh gee, that’s too bad, well at least you got mugs!”. HUH??? So anyway we got the shuttle and headed to DL a little while later. We started out at Cal. Adv again. We went on Soarin’, California Screamin’ (loved it!) and a few other rides.
254026842pPktXP_ph.jpg

We went and saw the Aladdin show. WOW WOW WOW!!!! I was not expecting it to be so good. VERY impressive. A Must see!!!!!! It was worth the price of admission to the park. I felt like I was watching a broadway musical that I had paid a $70 ticket for. We were not able to see it until the last day, but if we had seen it earlier in the week, we would definitely had made a point to go see it a 2nd time. I don’t want to give away any spoilers – but you will not be disappointed! We aren’t really Aladdin fans, but loved this show! We then went out to Tower of Terror. Meg had gained the courage to ride – we walked up to it – it only had a 13 min wait – and….. we both chickened out! Hahahaha. We just couldn’t do it! We had a good laugh at ourselves.
254026885cHLGny_ph.jpg

254027071PWrSvN_ph.jpg

We were hungry, so decided to go back to the Taste Pilot Grill. Meg loved it so much and begged to go back. She had the same meal, but I had the chicken sandwich this time. This was the biggest chicken burger I have ever seen in my life. The chicken breast was breaded and literally the size of both my hands put together. You could easily split this between 2 people and still walk out full, and don’t forget you can always make a mini-salad from the condiment bar to go with it if you want! Service was extremely slow this day. They only had one cashier open, and for some reason, a bunch of people went in the handicapped side trying to get through the line quicker. Well this only doubled the wait time. A new cashier came out and said next person – which was us. We went to go to her and a bunch of people from behind us jumped up into line. RUDE! Grrrrrr. I was considering being boisterous about it, but decided not to. The food is worth the wait though. We then went over to DL for our last time there. We rode all our fave rides again and had Mickey Bars. These are soooo good!

We decided to leave for the 6pm shuttle. We were tired and had enough walking, and had seen everything over and over, and needed to get back to pack up for the Hollywood portion of the trip. We went back to the room and had some leftover pizza and did another quick load of laundry. We packed everything up and it went much faster than I thought it would. I stayed up and watched ER and Meg fell asleep pretty quick. I had decided to book the towncar to get to Hollywood, as I had no energy for a train/metro with all of our luggage. I managed to get everything packed back in, and had also bought this HUGE purple backpack at Club Libby Lu on sale for 9.99 (normally $28). It was perfect and we put all of the souvieners in it. The town car was scheduled for 10am, so I set the alarm for 8 so I could finish packing and get some breakfast before he arrived. I was sad to leave DL, but not sad to leave this hotel! I felt so helpless at it – couldn’t go anywhere but Disney unless I was willing to spend big bucks on a cab or start taking buses everywhere. Also, with the elevator broken, maids not cleaning properly (our sheets were not changed the entire time we were there… 6 nts), dirty mugs, cold hot tub, no laundry soap in the dispenser, maids walking in with the DND sign on, carpets that were obviously not vacuumed when we were there (fluff that was there when we left was still there when we returned), etc… we were happy to be leaving that motel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter