• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry - I'm just so excited. This trip is very special for me. I didn't mean to offend anybody.

oh no! You didn't offend at all :goodvibes I was saying earlier that I'm finding it emotional that all my dec roll-call friends are finally leaving .... you included :) I'm nervous for you LOL

oh no! You didn't offend at all :goodvibes I was saying earlier that I'm finding it emotional that all my dec roll-call friends are finally leaving .... you included :) I'm nervous for you LOL

Oh good!! Being a newbie I'm still learning my way around the boards!!!! I totally didn't see your earlier post!! I thought I had caught up on everything! See - I'm so stressed/nervous/excited that I missed it!! My bad!! Oh I'm so embarrassed!!!!!!!::o:o:o:o

I put our iron-ons on our MVMCP shirts tonight! They are cute, even though I did put DS's name on crooked. Good DH calmly walked away from me when I showed him (or rather, he found) the shirts I bought today. Thank goodness Friday is pay day for both of us!

Question:

For those of us Roll Callers NOT at WDW for X-mas (Dec 24th/25th)...what are you doing in terms of holiday prep? Scaling back? Decorating/wrapping/shopping earlier than normal?

We're flat out nuts, here. We're at WDW from the 5th - 15th. We've got 3 young kids. We're trying (and so far, so good) to get just about everything (short of baking) done before we leave for WDW. Last night, my wife and I sat down and wrapped pretty much every gift currently in the house (about 30+ packages). Shopping is pretty much done for the kids. Halls are decked (inside and out).

We ARE scaling back on the "decking". Less stuff outside and a mini-tree inside. Just makes things a bit easier.

I'd love to hear about others plans/experiences. Interesting to hear how it all fits together with the trip prep that we're all doing, too!

My entire house is now decorated as of last Sunday. I did finally find my nativity and put that out this evening. Big tree in living room is up, mantle all lit up with greenery/lights. Two 3' trees in the living room as well, lit and full of Hallmark Madame Alexander doll ornaments. 4' tree in the kitchen. 3' Mary Engelbreit teapot tree on diningroom table. Ceramic tree in our room as well as a 42" skinny tree. 1' tree in hallway bathroom. Outside lights up.

I've been MIA as I've been decorating AND baking!!!! The last two nights I've baked 40 dozen cookies (Neiman Marcus cookies, cranberry chip cookies, peanut butter surprise cookies, and Russian teacake cookies). I have the dough for the Gingersnaps chilling in the frig. Whew! I will make my grandma's oatmeal cookies tomorrow....that leaves my other grandma's press cookies left....which I will probably leave until we get home from WDW. We leave on the 9th and return on the 17th. I'm off work on the 18th.

How did I miss this thread???? :confused3

We will arrive in orlando on the 21st, spend the night at an airport hotel then check into our 5 bedroom house on the 22nd! We will be staying through the 4th. There are 8 of us. FIL has just finished up his chemo treatments so this is our kicking cancers butt christmas celebration! :cool1:

Welcome to the group! Yeah for the end of chemo! I can't think of a better place to celebrate.

Oh good!! Being a newbie I'm still learning my way around the boards!!!! I totally didn't see your earlier post!! I thought I had caught up on everything! See - I'm so stressed/nervous/excited that I missed it!! My bad!! Oh I'm so embarrassed!!!!!!!::o:o:o:o

Don't be - sounds like you have the Disney Fever :teeth:

Well, the weather forecast is looking up for us! At least, nothing we haven't dealt with before.

I'm SUPER excited because my BFF from the college program is still living in Florida and working at Disney, and he'll be able to join us on our first day at DHS! I added him to our ADR at 50s Prime Time, and didn't even have to pick a different time. :thumbsup2 And now I have a buddy to ride ToT and RnRC with!

For MVMCP, completely depends on weather and temperature, I think I might wear my Minnie Mouse pillowcase dress (from MNSSHP last year!) with a santa hat. Cute? Ridiculous?

Wow. Like many of you I was away from the boards for a few days and man, that was a lot of catching up!

So! We are in the single digits now and i am having a Hard time containing my excitement!
I still have plenty on my to do list. I won't bore you all with it here. I think it's pretty manageable but I need to get busy. DD just got over a really bad cold and I'm hoping I will escape it. I'd rather be sick at home than at Disney, but I'd rather not be sick at all, right. Especially with that to do list.

I have some questions I'm hoping some of you can help me with. This trip is due mostly to my DX's company having a day of meetings followed by a company Christmas party at CSR. I have decided to tag along to the party which starts as cocktails and dinner at the CSR and ends with a special Illuminations desert party at Epcot. I understand that's a special private party that changes details depending on who is throwing it, but if any of you have been I'd love to hear what your experience was like.

My main question is about clothes and shoes. The party is business casual. I'll be wearing a sweater dress, tights and some boots that have absolutely no support or comfort whatsoever. They are flat and don't hurt, but the soles are just flat and hard. Epcot has extra magic hours after Illuminations and I'm sure I'll want to hang out for at least a while in the park.

I'm thinking my options are to stay in what I have on and risk messing up my feet on our first full day. That seems bad. I could carry my walking shoes (brown new balance) and look funny (and hopefully not be too cold). Or I could take a backpack to the party with more appropriate park clothes/shoes and change in a restroom when the party is over. I think the last option seems best, even though my backpack might seem out of place in a crowd of business casual, but I really wanted to know what you guys would do in such a situation?

I have to admit it's a pretty nice problem to have! But I'm spending too much time and worry trying to decide what to do. I love having you guys around to help!

Have you tried looking for inserts to make the shoes a little more
"arch friendly"? You definitely don't want to ruin your feet for your vacation! The party sounds like lots of fun!

Ok, for those of you playing along at home - today was final decision day.

FIL saw the doctor this morning. He took the brace off (two weeks early) and put him in a soft collar. So in spite of how he feels, he's clearly recovering well. But of course he has a long way to go. The doctor told him no heavy lifting, nothing over his head and "don't make me regret taking this off early."

There was a point this evening where FIL decided he felt good today and maybe they should go for part of the time. But at this point everyone agrees that would not be a good idea. They are definitely looking at the next trip though. Hoping I get that bounce back for Oct. and cross your fingers that we can go when Air Supply (MIL's favorite band) is playing.

Off to cancel rooms now. Much as I wanted a decision, this is very hard to do.

I'm glad that your fil is recovering well but sorry you had to go to plan B. I'm crossing my fingers that you get that bounceback offer and get to start planning another trip as soon as you get home!:rotfl:

I can't believe we leave tomorrow!! DH is getting off early and we are driving at least half-way. That way, it puts us that much closer to WDW on Thursday and we'll still have plenty of time after we check in to go do something!! We packed our suitcases tonight. Still have plenty to do tomorrow before we leave!! I sure hope to see some of y'all while we are there! I will have my LG Mickey Head on my camera bag so be sure and say hello!! Oh my goodness, I can't believe our trip is finally here!!:cool1::banana:

Yay for you! :banana: Is there an emoticon that shows I'm jealous?! 18 more days for me!

Make that 35 hours!!!!!

See previous comments! :banana: Can't wait to hear some reports from you guys once you are there.

For those of you who do touring plans, I have a question. I was looking at them tonight. There is a 2 day plan for families with small kids for MK. In looking at it, it does not take into account the days the park closes at 7:00 for MVMCP. We have two days allotted for the MK - both days the park closes at 7:00 - but the first of those days we will be at MVMCP. Any advice on tweaking the touring plan based on this?

Hi everyone I'm Jennifer! 9 days till we leave 11 days until Disney World! Excited to spend sometime with family that lives in Orlando before Disney! DH and I are traveling this weekend as well! Christmas party in Maryland and a trip to see the Nutcracker in DC! I haven't been on a plane in about 3 years and now I will be making 2 trips in a week! East coast is a long way from Nebraska! Haven't started packing for either one:(

Just wanted todrop by and say that I hope all of you who are leaving with the next few days have a safe and wonderful trip!!!!!!!

9 days for us!!!! Single Digit Dance :cool1:

I've been saying for a couple of weeks that I'd post this, so I finally am! Here is my backpack that I always wear. If you are there at the same time as me and see this, come say hi!

001.jpg

And if you haven't seen my PTR, this what I look like:

Me2.jpg

I was "randomly checked" FIVE times in the Vancouver airport in 2004. including my laptop got the super special swab, and my checked luggage got unpacked and repacked, AND sent down the "special" line. My carry ons were emptied. I myself was wanded 4 times at different parts of the airport - INCLUDING being pulled out of line as we were boarding! I was like seriously people, what could I POSSIBLY have at this point??!

And, I've been fortunate enough to get the full body "pat down" (lovely, let me tell you, she should have at least had to buy me a drink or dinner or something) b/c I forgot to take my sweatshirt off.

Hmm. Maybe hubby should bring the Santa presents. :rotfl::lmao:

Oh no....that's a lot of security! Last June when we flew to LAX I set off the detector and had to have my hand swiped by what looked like a piece of small, round filter paper. They put it through a machine type reader....thankfully I was "clear"! I felt like I was guilty of something! When I asked the nice TSA agent what that was all about he said they were checking for "residue" on my hands! :scared1:

Still battle back issues. I went in to the Dr's office yesterday and she gave me muscle relaxers, but all they do is make me tired. I am going to keep trying to be positive that this will pass by Friday. I am going to try a little packing tonight and hope that it puts me into a Disney mood.

Are you on Flexeril or Robaxin? They will make you tired. My doctor prescribed both Robaxin AND Skelaxin. Robaxin for night-time and Skelaxin for daytime. It doesn't make me tired. Did he tell you to continue with the Ibuprofen, though....to reduce swelling? Take the drugs! A few days of being tired will be worth it if your back gets better!

Oh no....that's a lot of security! Last June when we flew to LAX I set off the detector and had to have my hand swiped by what looked like a piece of small, round filter paper. They put it through a machine type reader....thankfully I was "clear"! I felt like I was guilty of something! When I asked the nice TSA agent what that was all about he said they were checking for "residue" on my hands! :scared1:

I had a similar experience in August leaving Orlando. I set off the metal detector (I think it was the underwire in my bra :blush:) three times, so I was expecting the worst: full body pat down, the wand thing, whatever. But what did they do? Asked me to pull my shoes from the scanner and hand them over, which they then swiped to look for residue. Huh?

Did you google other pain management methods? Maybe there is an alt drug with less of a side effect?

Back issues are so freakin' hindering! DBF has been struggling with a lower back ache for a few months now and finally went to the Dr. He was given an Rx for rehab and excercises for stretching at home. At rehab his therapist told him to use heat at night and that's seemed to help A LOT! We bought a heating pad at Target that has an automatic shut off - he puts it on at night before we go to bed and has really felt so much better in the mornings when he wakes up. We'll definitely be taking that with us - I'm sure all the walking and standing isn't going to be easy!

The heating pad in bed sounds like a great idea. I will try it tonight.

Luckily, I am feeling a little better this evening. DH reminded me that there is nothing wrong with praying to feel better. He is always thinking ;) Hoping I am not jinxing myself by saying that it is starting to get better. :goodvibes

Hello my name is Christina (everyone says 'hi Christina'). And I'm addicted to WDW

Hi Christina! I am Jamie. I think we both follow eachother on Twitter. I am jamejame81 on Twitter in case anyone else is following me. I leave in 4 days! Wohoo!

Are you on Flexeril or Robaxin? They will make you tired. My doctor prescribed both Robaxin AND Skelaxin. Robaxin for night-time and Skelaxin for daytime. It doesn't make me tired. Did he tell you to continue with the Ibuprofen, though....to reduce swelling? Take the drugs! A few days of being tired will be worth it if your back gets better!

I am on Cyclobenzaprine and the doc did say I should still take Ibuprofen or the like. I made it through work today without falling asleep :thumbsup2
Last night I took it and fell asleep and missed Two Broke Girls and Mike and Molly. DH told me they were funny. Oh well, they may be on demand for me to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter