PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dawnmichele said:
I have officially reached the point in my countdown where I'm too excited to sleep. Laying there in bed last night, I could barely stop myself from thinking about all the fantastic things that are in store for me in barely over two weeks!! :hourglass

This morning I checked the long range forecast. I know those things change from day to day, but I was thrilled with how it is right now! Looks like shorts and tshirts for us after all. In case you're going around the same time, here's how it's looking for our week (gotta love no rain until our last/half day!)

Thursday, Dec 6
Sunny
75/55

Friday, Dec 7
Mostly Sunny
80/59

Saturday, Dec 8
Mostly Sunny
79/59

Sunday, Dec 9
Mostly Sunny
79/59

Monday, Dec 10
Clouds giving way to some sun
79/59

Tuesday, Dec 11
Mostly Sunny
79/58

Wednesday, Dec 12
Mostly Cloudy
74/59

Thursday, Dec 13
Rain
73/58

Loving this forecast! Hoping it doesn't change much!

QueenElinor said:
Okay, I'm definitely going to try this. I'm just not a pumpkin pie fan, but this could turn me into one. Since you didn't have a crust recipe, I am going to post mine (it's my mom's). It has a secret ingredient- because everything (even making pies) is better with beer! This makes crust that people actually want to eat!

1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon of shortening
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2-3 Tablespoons of cold beer (my climate is very dry so I use a little more)

Cut shortening into flour and salt until particles are the size of small peas. Sprinkle in beer 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of the bowl. 1-2 teaspoons of beer can be added if necessary.

For a two-crust pie, double the recipe.

The kind of beer probably doesn't matter, but I don't think I would use Guinness or anything too strong. I have made it with Sam Adams and other pale beers and it turns out fine. I am absolutely positive my mom always made it with Coors, because that's the only beer my dad would drink.

Beer in a pie crust?

I can get down with that. :)

Yea, like "Surprise, we're not headed to WDW after all, I'm taking you to Baltimore!" :scared:

There would be a homocide at MCO...

just sayin'

Hey, hey hey! Parts of Baltimore are wonderful! Other parts...well, you could leave him there for taking you there instead of WDW :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Thank you to all of you for adding to my excitement by allowing me to share this with you!!:goodvibes I won't necessarily need to act surprized...I know, he knows, that I know!?!:confused3 (If that makes sense?!?) To hear him say those words...in my most favorite place, at Christmas time...I get teary just imagining it!:cloud9: I have no doubt, I'll be speechless! I just hope someone thinks to take a picture/video...however these kids seem have orchestrated all kinds of things so, I'd imagine they have everything under control.:thumbsup2

:lovestruc:love::cloud9: This is so wonderful. I'm so jealous right now, I'd love a proposal at WDW. Of course, I need a boyfriend first....:rotfl:

Good morning!!

How about a little OL for today....

3B58B530-C187-4EFD-B004-E882841DC659-3185-000001F3F5D7A51A.jpg

Thanks! We'll be in DHS next weekend!

What time does the Osborne Lights start? This is our first time going during the holidays.

Feeling slightly less stressed now, as my TA emailed me that the correct Mickey Mail arrived at her office yesterday and she overnighted it to me today. One less thing to worry about since I'm now in single digits!!!! :eek::goodvibes

cybrkitn said:
Yep! This is the first year in a while that I'm not cooking. I finally get a chance to sit down with DH and DS and watch the Macy's parade!

Gotta love the parade.

We used to go down to center city in Philly and watch the parade when was I a kid.

Good times.

Thanks! We'll be in DHS next weekend!

What time does the Osborne Lights start? This is our first time going during the holidays.

It will say in the park map for the day what time it starts, but it's usually shortly after sunset. I'd guess around 6pm-ish, but that's just a guess. Definitely get a park map when you come in to find out for sure!

Yep! This is the first year in a while that I'm not cooking. I finally get a chance to sit down with DH and DS and watch the Macy's parade!

Macy's Day Parade is a must on Thanksgiving morning! For me, that totally kicks off the holiday season!

Hey, hey hey! Parts of Baltimore are wonderful! Other parts...well, you could leave him there for taking you there instead of WDW :thumbsup2:

Not dissin' Baltimore AT ALL (just the sacrificial lamb KWIM?) but anywhere besides WDW at this point would be cause to inflict harm on his fine but obviously not right-minded body... :stir:

So bummed and hoping this will change but Accuweather is calling for rain for the first THREE days of our trip! 12/1-12/4 :worried:

I'm not talking some sun with chances of rain - it's full blown clouds and rain... of course it'll be sunny the day we leave... nice... :furious:

I'm so trying this recipe for my pies this year!
Beer in a pie crust?

I can get down with that. :)

I hope you give it a try! This recipe is from the 40's (it originally used lard, LOL!)

Most people just kind of tolerate pie crust because it holds the pie, so a good crust is a real treat. I hate making pie crusts, it's the part of Thanksgiving I just dread because of the rolling-out part (actually, I make the pies Wednesday so my mood has improved by Thursday). So you know this is good crust if I'm willing to do it!

The other fun thing is to make tiny mini pies in the bottle caps. My kids LOVE doing that- they started when they were tots and still do it as young adults.

Of course, with three kids, that means I have to um, drink 3 beers. You know, so the kids can get the bottle caps. I'm such a considerate mom, don't you think? ;)

I have officially reached the point in my countdown where I'm too excited to sleep. Laying there in bed last night, I could barely stop myself from thinking about all the fantastic things that are in store for me in barely over two weeks!! :hourglass

This morning I checked the long range forecast. I know those things change from day to day, but I was thrilled with how it is right now! Looks like shorts and tshirts for us after all. In case you're going around the same time, here's how it's looking for our week (gotta love no rain until our last/half day!)

Oh! Looks like my arrival day is your last day- and it's rainy- but I'm SO excited to even see it on the forecast! I've been really blech (no, you won't find that particular mood listed in the DSM-IV but I swear it's real!) about the whole thing since I have quite a lot of non-Disney things to do between now and then, but seeing that cheered me up considerably.

Anyway, the forecast is fine for my new Merrell MJ Circuits I bought since they will be all right in the rain- AND Zappos had them on sale! :thumbsup2
th-1.jpeg

And- a question for you smartphone-owning DIS-ers- besides the TP Lines app, what kinds of Disney apps do you like to use at WDW? I broke down and got a smartphone and it seems like there would be some really great uses for it. Anything else? Thanks!

For those that like a drink once in awhile here is one that is incredible tasty

Carmel Apple
Apple Cider-warm
Carmel Vodak-to taste, I use about 1 shot

VERY GOOD

So bummed and hoping this will change but Accuweather is calling for rain for the first THREE days of our trip! 12/1-12/4 :worried:

I'm not talking some sun with chances of rain - it's full blown clouds and rain... of course it'll be sunny the day we leave... nice... :furious:

I know I was bummed about this weather before and after is nice. I then looked at CA weather for when we will be there Dec 6-9 and the same. Good before and after cold and rain when we are there. Hoping it will change.

Florida weather changes by the minute. I wouldn't get too worried just yet. :D

Not dissin' Baltimore AT ALL (just the sacrificial lamb KWIM?) but anywhere besides WDW at this point would be cause to inflict harm on his fine but obviously not right-minded body... :stir:

I was just teasing, I know you were just saying anywhere but WDW. :goodvibes

I'm ignoring it for now, as I'm there those same days and really don't want the rain. But it's likely to change several times more before then. ::yes::

I was just teasing, I know you were just saying anywhere but WDW. :goodvibes

I'm ignoring it for now, as I'm there those same days and really don't want the rain. But it's likely to change several times more before then. ::yes::

Baltimore is actually on my bucket list of places to visit... but yea, you're right anywhere besides WDW would be an issue, to say the least... LOL :lmao:

I know the weather will change a few times in the next 9 days but initial reports were showing nothing but sun and now we're opposite... but I did buy some ponchos in June at $8 each so I know they'll be making a return trip now too! :thumbsup2

BDL said:
It is plenty sturdy. I wore 1 on our last trip. It held our KTTWs, photopass card and lgmh. The only thing was that it was too long for me. I didn't wear pins so it wasn't that big a deal. I tied a knot in the back of the lanyard, behind my neck. Served us well for the whole week.

Did you keep both of your KTTW in there along with the PP card? I don't want to risk losing any of that so I don't want to split the ouch by trying to fit much in

Did you keep both of your KTTW in there along with the PP card? I don't want to risk losing any of that so I don't want to split the ouch by trying to fit much in

I was able to fit in mine:

Both my DH's and my KTTW
Tables in Wonderland card
My Annual Pass
Fast passes

It was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter