PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!! First day of unemployment and I was awake at 5:15. :confused3 But it gave DH a chance to apologize for his behavior last night and for us to actually talk about the situation instead of screaming at each other. I think I have convinced him that the world is not ending. His biggest issue is that I want to wait until after Disney to look for a job, but if we didnt have the trip planned, I would be looking today. I also want to give my friend time to see if she can hire me. I have another friend at a temp agency (which is how I got the last job), so I am really not worried. I think he is just jealous that I am not going to work today. :goodvibes
So still going to Disney and still waiting to know which week we are going. This is going to be a looooonnnnggg week.

Ok, so you got through the icky part. Its a big change, there is the unknown ahead, you both need to adjust. You could start looking casually and that will make your DH feel a bit better. Get yourself an idea of how the job market is looking, what your options are and what your plan of action should be when you get back.

At least you still have a paycheck, that makes a huge difference.

:hug: psssssst, you're going to Disney soon :woohoo::woohoo:

Good Morning! Posting to see my ticker :cool1:

Chilly morning here in Atlanta. I ordered 3 shirts yesterday from disney store online. 2 for me and 1 for DBF. Now starts the impatient wait for them to get here :goodvibes

It certainly is - had frost on the windscreen this morning! But, already the sun is poking through :goodvibes

Good morning!! First day of unemployment and I was awake at 5:15. :confused3 But it gave DH a chance to apologize for his behavior last night and for us to actually talk about the situation instead of screaming at each other. I think I have convinced him that the world is not ending. His biggest issue is that I want to wait until after Disney to look for a job, but if we didnt have the trip planned, I would be looking today. I also want to give my friend time to see if she can hire me. I have another friend at a temp agency (which is how I got the last job), so I am really not worried. I think he is just jealous that I am not going to work today. :goodvibes
So still going to Disney and still waiting to know which week we are going. This is going to be a looooonnnnggg week.

I love your attitude and with that attitude I just know you are going to be fine. Sending lots of pixie dust to you for a great Disney trip and a great job upon your return. :thumbsup2 pixiedust:

Not much left to plan...just time to counting down the days...26 days to go!!!
Looking forward to getting through this week before getting TOO much more excited! DBF just came back from Philly and is headed to DC for the end of the week. I'll be alot more excited once he is back from DC...we'll be ready for Thanksgiving and then it'll be time to start packing!!!:banana: In the meantime, on our one day off together we took the kids into Boston...walked through the Public Garden and the Northend. The kids are not very photogenic...
DDA7717A-42F3-440A-A975-E1B2697B2352-25238-00001744596E92AB.jpg

We did buy my DD11 an outfit for the MVMCP...I'm placing bets as to whether or not she'll really put this on...
C2B257A3-F088-46F7-A90F-1D3716971C72-25238-000017446A4AF17B.jpg

DBF and I in the public garden...take one...
0F8675C0-3B37-45CB-AEB4-4C2C67693873-25238-000017439D930C26.jpg

Take two...
88B4437F-708E-4DFF-B962-25241C80B99A-25238-000017439A32479B.jpg

Valgoof said:

Don't forget to open your unemployment claim today!

I took a few weeks off after I was laid off last year. It let me get some stuff done that I had been putting off. It also gave me time to regroup, update my resume and have a little bit of needed downtime.

Enjoy your day off! I know I'm envious.

I don't post on here much but read it all the time! I just wanted to post how excited I am! I called yesterday to make my DD an appointment at BBB not expecting them to have any and they had one in the MK!! My DS is super excited she said she didn't want to do it if we could only get into DTD!pixiedust: can't wait for our family's first Disney World vacation! Hubby is out of town all week, next week is Thanksgiving, the weekend after that hubby and I are going to Baltimore for a Christmas party( first time we will be away from our kids together for longer than 1 night) and the week after is Disney!!! We are all getting so close!:)

Looking forward to getting through this week before getting TOO much more excited! DBF just came back from Philly and is headed to DC for the end of the week. I'll be alot more excited once he is back from DC...we'll be ready for Thanksgiving and then it'll be time to start packing!!!:banana: In the meantime, on our one day off together we took the kids into Boston...walked through the Public Garden and the Northend. The kids are not very photogenic...

Love those photos :goodvibes

I don't post on here much but read it all the time! I just wanted to post how excited I am! I called yesterday to make my DD an appointment at BBB not expecting them to have any and they had one in the MK!! My DS is super excited she said she didn't want to do it if we could only get into DTD!pixiedust: can't wait for our family's first Disney World vacation! Hubby is out of town all week, next week is Thanksgiving, the weekend after that hubby and I are going to Baltimore for a Christmas party( first time we will be away from our kids together for longer than 1 night) and the week after is Disney!!! We are all getting so close!:)

Post more and share your excitement with us!!! :goodvibes

Lcaemom said:

We did buy my DD11 an outfit for the MVMCP...I'm placing bets as to whether or not she'll really put this on...

DBF and I in the public garden...take one...

Take two...

That's a great pic of you guys :-)

My DD is 12. She'd be all enthusiastic about the dress in the store but then it could go either way for wearing in public. Although Disney is a little different & magical pixiedust: I hope she wears it - it'll be so much fun in the photos!!

:hug: It is good you guys did talk. Losing a job (regardless of situation) is especially unsettling these days. However, things are getting better and you are awesome! I am a "world is ending" type person and the loss of that security would freak me out!! Definitely take this time before vacation to get your resume up to date, brush up on interview questions, and look what the job market is offering in your area.

Good morning! At work an hour early hoping to get a little overtime for this trip. $400 earned in overtime for this trip!

Woo!! I wish my husband wasn't salaried - we'd have quite the the trip with all his extra hours lately!!

Wow, time really creeps up on you!

Its DD's birthday next week (Wednesday) so I need to get that sorted! We're are going to lunch at the American Girl store (honestly, I tried to deny all knowledge of that place and tell her it was just a vicious rumour but what with schools teaching them how to read and whatnot she was able to confirm it for herself HA!). She wanted to go on her actual birthday but her grandparents can't get the time off work what with Thanksgiving .... she is a real family girl and won't go without them. So, I'll have to book it for the Saturday after and think of something else to do her on birthday thats a bit special (but cost conservative cuz the AG shop is gonna take me for everything I got :sad: ).

I can't believe she is going to be 12!

So insurance adjuster is going to look at our car tomorrow :scared: Hopefully today we can actually talk to the insurance company and see if we can get reimursed for a rental. I am kinda stressed - we have it at the dealership and do not know where we will end up getting it fixed - the car is 3 months old and I want it done right - but I don't want to pay more than the adjuster gives us.... We've never had to collect on our insurance before - so this process is new - kinda odd though - when we purchased the car a few months ago we debated a higher deductible and decided against it - very glad we did!!

I did make these little invites for my girls. Absolut_Mandy is the DISigner all I did was print, cut and glue!

F8F52161-32E5-4DCB-8BEF-0658DA26E7DF-522-00000036E9D31A63.jpg

E97B326A-FCB6-4B67-A444-52E6B833979A-522-00000036E120828F.jpg

B7398154-017B-4C60-A544-80B74DE49CF2-522-00000036DA3D6597.jpg

22F4EB7A-AB20-40ED-91E2-57E513704BE9-522-00000036D343EDC9.jpg

9BC04F62-29F1-4DAA-949B-D03E66B83C10-522-00000036CA5C390D.jpg

The DISigners are great :) I want to try and do something for the hoop dee doo revue if I have time on my own so we shall see....

Wow, time really creeps up on you!

Its DD's birthday next week (Wednesday) so I need to get that sorted! We're are going to lunch at the American Girl store (honestly, I tried to deny all knowledge of that place and tell her it was just a vicious rumour but what with schools teaching them how to read and whatnot she was able to confirm it for herself HA!). She wanted to go on her actual birthday but her grandparents can't get the time off work what with Thanksgiving .... she is a real family girl and won't go without them. So, I'll have to book it for the Saturday after and think of something else to do her on birthday thats a bit special (but cost conservative cuz the AG shop is gonna take me for everything I got :sad: ).

I can't believe she is going to be 12!

I really want to figure out how to freeze my kids ages... They are so cute right now :)

It's rainy, dark, & cold here today so I am motivated to do nothing! Good thing I got a lot accomplished yesterday around the house. My New Years resolution is to purge un-needed and un-wanted things and to get organized. Right now I'm an organized chaos kind of person & it drives DH nutso!! So I started measuring cabinets and cleaning some stuff up in the kitchen and our bedroom yesterday. Fun stuff I know but it passed the time and today we are only 19 days away from leaving and 20 days till we check in. Aaaah!!!!

So insurance adjuster is going to look at our car tomorrow :scared: Hopefully today we can actually talk to the insurance company and see if we can get reimursed for a rental. I am kinda stressed - we have it at the dealership and do not know where we will end up getting it fixed - the car is 3 months old and I want it done right - but I don't want to pay more than the adjuster gives us.... We've never had to collect on our insurance before - so this process is new - kinda odd though - when we purchased the car a few months ago we debated a higher deductible and decided against it - very glad we did!!

I did make these little invites for my girls. Absolut_Mandy is the DISigner all I did was print, cut and glue!

F8F52161-32E5-4DCB-8BEF-0658DA26E7DF-522-00000036E9D31A63.jpg

E97B326A-FCB6-4B67-A444-52E6B833979A-522-00000036E120828F.jpg

B7398154-017B-4C60-A544-80B74DE49CF2-522-00000036DA3D6597.jpg

22F4EB7A-AB20-40ED-91E2-57E513704BE9-522-00000036D343EDC9.jpg

9BC04F62-29F1-4DAA-949B-D03E66B83C10-522-00000036CA5C390D.jpg

The DISigners are great :) I want to try and do something for the hoop dee doo revue if I have time on my own so we shall see....

Those are amazing!!! Great job!

What a cute idea!

I barely did anything! It's really the fantastic work of the DISigners, so generous of them!

My 3 year old has a very active imagination and these will go over well. It's so much fun to think that she will think this is actually from them!!

I have gotten some ADORABLE stuff from the DISigners this trip! I heart them! Certainly adds some pixiedust:

Worrying doesn't do anyone any good. We have savings and we have parents, it's not like we will be homeless next week. But I have never been let go before, so that is a little weird.

Not to make light of your situation, but when I was laboring, this is how I got laid off. We had a canteen truck come to the shop every weekday. And if you worked there long enough, you could buy stuff on account. 1 morning, the canteen truck guy goes "Ok, Sean. You owe $xx." I said sure but I was a little surprised. It was a Wed and settlement day was always on Fri. So I asked him why I had to settle that day. He said "Well, this is your last day. XXXXX told me that you were laid off."

I found out I was laid off from the canteen truck guy. I found out that the boss tends to take days off on lay-off days. On the plus side, he felt bad about breaking the news to me, that after I settled, he told me I could have whatever I want and he was going to put it on the boss' account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter