PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

In talking about the post-trip Xmas "stuff"....my DW just said:

Oh yeah..that's right...I don't have to bake cookies, make truffles, or any of that stuff this year. The world is going to end on Dec 21st! See, nothing to stress over!

I had to laugh...

NO! we dont arrive until 12/24. The Mayan's must be off by AT LEAST 10 days, mkay?

Is it bad of me that I checked the accuweather forecast, and I'm glad to see rain? :rotfl2: Maybe if it is rainy people will say at their resort and leave the parks to us. A girl can dream, right? :rotfl2:

1stvisit0909 said:
NO! we dont arrive until 12/24. The Mayan's must be off by AT LEAST 10 days, mkay?

Is it bad of me that I checked the accuweather forecast, and I'm glad to see rain? :rotfl2: Maybe if it is rainy people will say at their resort and leave the parks to us. A girl can dream, right? :rotfl2:

I had those same thoughts when there was rain on our days :lmao:

Oh yeah..that's right...I don't have to bake cookies, make truffles, or any of that stuff this year. The world is going to end on Dec 21st! See, nothing to stress over!

I had to laugh...

I'd forgotten about the world ending on Dec. 21st. We'll be at MVMCP that night. Eh, I guess if the world actually does end there are way worse places I could be :lmao:

Is today over yet? It just seems like this week is dragging!!

Not that I want it to rush by for everyone who is already there!

I'd forgotten about the world ending on Dec. 21st. We'll be at MVMCP that night. Eh, I guess if the world actually does end there are way worse places I could be :lmao:

My husband and I were just talking about the 'end of the world' last night. I said, we'll be at the most magical place on Earth, what could be better? (We'll be at Epcot on the 21st :) )

pilferk said:

I had to laugh...

Oh shoot......I didn't need to bake all those cookies I've already made?

Can someone tell me the name of the Facebook group because when I click on the link it just takes me to my home page and not the groups page:(

heathersmom05 said:
Can someone tell me the name of the Facebook group because when I click on the link it just takes me to my home page and not the groups page:(

It's:

"December 2012** Holidays &NY Eve!! A festive thread!"

Type that in under a search in FB. The moderator will have to approve you because it's a closed group.

D'oh! :headache: My mom just told me that she has to take her Byetta at breakfast and dinner (I thought was just in the morning). It has to be refrigerated. I know first aid will hold it for us, and that's probably what we'll do. Anyone have any experience with those frio packs? Other folks on the forums seem to love them, but it makes me nervous for some reason. I think I'd have preferred to try one out before the trip, and I'm not even sure I have time to get one at this point!

M&MGirl1 said:
That's so cool! I'm amazed you managed to keep it a secret this long. I wish you'd videotaped it and put it in YouTube so we could see the kids' reactions!

We've been planning this trip since the spring so it was a long time coming! I did take a video of it, a bad one on my phone, but it exists. We're on the road south to the World, but I'll see if I can upload it once I have Internet. I posted it on Facebook last night and it got great reviews! ;)

So we've been on the road for about three hours & I just realized I forgot to print up my trip plan excel sheet. Way to go Gretchen! This trip I feel so unprepared! But as my husband says, we're going and that's all that matters!

Yay! Our PP+ arrived in the mail today!
We have a TH ADR first thing on our first day. Will I be able to pick up our card on the way to breakfast (8:20 ADR, 9am park opening) or will we need to stop by DTD on the way from the airport?

So we've been on the road for about three hours & I just realized I forgot to print up my trip plan excel sheet. Way to go Gretchen! This trip I feel so unprepared! But as my husband says, we're going and that's all that matters!

Oh dear. He's right though - you're going, and you're going to have a blast!

First of all, let me apologize for all the quotes. Stupid work is making me WORK, if you can believe it. That's why I haven't been able to reply as I go.

Maddie's Nana (Sue) POR Dec. 8-9th
alorac (Tom) POR MB? Dec 8-13th
ksromack (Kathy) POR AB? Dec 9-17th

Even though I know this has been updated...

BDL (Sean) POR-RGR Dec 7-13

When I say that out loud to myself, almost sounds like when the players intro themselves for Monday Night Football.

I believe it. My DH and I toured the French quarter in NOLA on foot for near 12 hours, hoofed it 16 miles according to my pedometer.

I'm planning on wearing my pedometer a day or 2 down there too.

Wow what a busy day today - trying to get all christmas decorations inside the house finished, also looking through all the lost/found pet ads at various shelters, craigslist etc .....

I go in 4 days (I think :confused3, ummm leave this Thursday with a stopover, arrive Disney on Sunday) so I really need to get doing something ..... checklist follows:

Suitcases - they are in the house somewhere.
Clothes we're taking - yep, I'm taking some. I'll scramble through the closet, drawers & laundry basket at some point, probably tomorrow.
Shoe organiser thingy that hangs over the door - this is GREAT for extra storage, hangs over a door, all your 'bits' fit in it. I bought one for the vacation. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS :thumbsup2
Toiletries - 'Spose I'd better buy some
Technology - camera charger in a drawer somewhere. I have lots of drawers.
Pets - all have food. We're good there.

As you can see, I am super organised :lmao:

You and I pack the exact same way. That is why BDLsgal wants to rip my head off. :eek:

CM at Epcot just told us Test track is open! In the way there now!

That's great news. I can't wait to give it a ride.

DEC. ROLL CALL GROUP TR!!

I am going to start this thread soon, so it is up and running while I am away. Any suggestions?

I know we wanted to do some polls and picture 'contests' etc. I probably will save space in post #2 and #3 of that thread for fun stuff like that. I imagine the first post will be a listing of all those who are participating in the group threat and the links to their TR. For starters, I will simply cut and paste what we have on post #2 here.

I suggest, for a #4 or #5 post, we keep score of how many and which Dec DIS-ers we ran into during our trips. Make it like a gentleman's bet. Just the sheer competitive nature of us, will make us seek each other out to brag about the biggest number. :teacher:

:love::love:DBF JUST CALLED AND ASKED FOR MY RING SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love:

What is it about us Boston guys that compells us to propose at WDW? Congrats. :bride: :groom:

in a total christmas mood tonight. We popped in the Celtic Women Christmas DVD, LOVE that live in Dublin show.

Now I'm streaming christmas music online.

After my mom's birthday dinner, on Saturday, we all went into the living room and watched one of our favorite Christmas Specials. Emmet Otter Jugband Christmas. It was nice. Me and my sister can act out every scene and know every verse to every song. So there "aint no hole in the wash tub..." :laundy:

Just checked in with Jet Blue...we have our boarding passes!

We'll be flying out on JB Thur. afternoon. As a big guy, I like the extra room. And as someone with the attention span of a gnat, I like the TV in the back of the seat in front of me. :happytv:

The site is down for maintenance. I'm hoping it's back up this afternoon. I'm still looking to switch one last ADR if I can.

I actually got an email from Disney dining this morning. Saying that if I wanted to cancel, I needed to do it 2 days prior, or pay a surcharge. I like the fact that they sent me the reminder.

Well... 48 hrs from right now, I will be somewhere in Logan Airport (maybe the food court, maybe the bar). Also, my buddy who was going to be down there around the same time as us, has changed his plans. Now he is there THE SAME time that we are. Not only that, but he is now staying at POR as well. Can't wait to see him.

Ok... I'm done hijacking the thread. I now return you to your scheduled postings, already in progress.

First of all, let me apologize for all the quotes. Stupid work is making me WORK, if you can believe it. That's why I haven't been able to reply as I go.

Well... 48 hrs from right now, I will be somewhere in Logan Airport (maybe the food court, maybe the bar). Also, my buddy who was going to be down there around the same time as us, has changed his plans. Now he is there THE SAME time that we are. Not only that, but he is now staying at POR as well. Can't wait to see him.

Ok... I'm done hijacking the thread. I now return you to your scheduled postings, already in progress.

Wondered where you had been. I thought we would be getting an hourly countdown from you by now. That darn work!! :goodvibes

Great news about your friend!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter