~~Part 2 ~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip-or two-or three ~~Off plans 10/11 ~~

I don't understand why you want to by GC for V to use at Disney. Why not just use cash? Please enlighten me :)

I hope your knee gets better soon.

I hope your hair appointment goes great and I can't wait to see your new hair :)

Cute! I love Dooney bags, however I don't carry them because they have a warning tag on them - I'll see if I can find it... Here it is the Proposition 65 warning...

CA Residents: Proposition 65
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

So, as much as I love their bags - I stick to my Vera Bradley bags. :lovestruc Whether the cautionary measures are warranted or not, I just figure it's not worth taking the chance. :)

Thank you for telling me about the warning tag on the Donney bags. I didn't know that. I wouldn't wear a bag with that warning but I still think the pattern on the bag was cool.

So today was the big day. I was excited and nervous about driving the new car. Ulf came with me to the car shop and we ordered a cab to come and pick us up at 1.05PM The appointment at the car shop wasn't until 1.30PM but I really didn't want to come late because I had a physiotherapy appointment at 3PM. The cab came on time and we ended up at the car shop 15 minutes before the appointment. So we had to wait because the car wasn't quite ready yet. Finally the time came to go and take a real look at the car. We went in to a room with a lot of light and the sales man told us about the functions we would need right away to drive the car. It took one hour to show us the most important functions and then I drove the car out on the road and towards town. It was a little to much traffic for my liking with the new car. With the old car that traffic wouldn't bother me at all. But with the new car I was afraid to bump into some one so it wasn't fun driving in traffic.

At the physiotherapy there are 2 parking spaces outside and 2 inside a huge garage. With my old car I always park in the garage, but with the new car I didn't want to drive in to the garage because I didn't feel that I would manage it. So I ended up parking outside. I had my physiotherapy appointment and then we had to drive to another part of city center to buy tickets for a concert we want to go to. Now it was even more traffic because people was on their way home from work. I managed to park outside the cinema where we had to buy the tickets. We got the tickets and then we decided to drive to my parents house so I could test how the car behaves when going down the steep hill from my parents house.

I parked the car outside my parents house and went inside to see if my mom was home so she could see the new car. We stayed there for a few minutes and then we drove to the grocery store. I didn't want to drive to the store I usually go to because then I have to park in a huge garage and I don't want to do that for the first time when there are a lot of cars there. So we drove to the other store which meant that I could drive on roads where there is never traffic. Of course it started to rain (that was the forecast for today) so then I had to figure out how to keep my windows clear of water. Luckily it was just a little rain so it didn't make the driving that much harder. When we came to the store it was a lot of cars in the parking lot. We are never at the store so late in the day so I'm not used to that many cars in the parking lot. I manage to find a parking space and parked the car without a problem. After getting what I need at the store I drove home. I then handed the car over to Ulf so he could park the car at the small parking lot outside. We decided that we didn't want to try and park in my parking space in the garage. We will try that tomorrow.

The car was much easier to drive than I feared it would be. But I still have to get used to driving in curves because I car that is so long will cut corners. Therefor it's important to remember that it cut corners so you don't bump into something.

I know you saw the pictures of my car on Facebook, but I will post theme here as well.

3 weeks off from Target! Yes!! Do you work more then the one day a week during the holidays?!

I would love to see your Disney nails if you get around to it. I haven't had a 'real' mani/pedi since 2011...same reason you said plus the cost was just getting to be too much. I do love it though so I may get them before our Feb trip.

Love all of your plans so far! As for Disney Springs...I just don't think 2 hours is enough time unless you only want to go to WOD and G for your sundae...then I think that's totally doable.

I hope you're having a lovely week!

Once we are done there, we've planned to spend a portion of this day at DTD... Oops - Disney Springs. I am not sure I will ever get used to that? Hopefully we wont' lose too much of our $$ in WoD. :scratchin
We went from the CR to Disney Springs and I was surprised at how fast we got there. I would guess that the bus ride was about 15 minutes long. So if breakfast doesn't take too long then you should be alright. :)

I'm glad your Target day was quick and easy, and now You can get back to important things like packing for Disney! Hopefully, you were able to get all the gift cards you needed. I think a red shirt & jean shorts will be good with C&D. It will really accentuate the bag. I agree with the others that 2 hours may not be enough at DS, but maybe if you make it a point to only go into certain stores and stick to it, then it may be doable. Is this your only planned trip to Disney Springs? Can't wait to see how your hair turns out- lowlights sound perfect for fall! I hope you have a great evening! Good luck with the packing.

Oh, PS: not that it shouldn't be taken seriously, but we just moved here from CA, and that prop 65 warning is on EVERYTHING! It's posted outside of stores on labels, at restaurants, at salons, everywhere. It just caught my attention because after about the 5th time of seeing it, I thought- wow- CA is toxic, Lol!

Hmmm, I do think you will be cutting it a bit close especially since you want to go back to SOG before dinner. I know I can spend hours just in WOD alone. And don't forget the whole new area that opened up. You may not be interested in any of the stores but I know you will want to at least check that section out.

Well, I guess we don't necessarily have to go back to SoG before dinner - I was just thinking it might be nice to drop off some of our purchases... If we are cutting it close on time, we could always just go straight to GF. The determining factor may be how long we actually spend in WoD. ::yes:: We'll have to see what time we get out of there, and then decide if we have time to stop at our resort first or just go straight to GF.

I agree...I'd try to get dinner a bit later if you still want to allow for sleep in and plenty of time in DS....only if it's possible...

I tried to get dinner later, and as of now, it's not available, so I grabbed breakfast for a bit earlier (30 minutes) and hopefully that helps a little bit. I"ll just let V sleep as late as possible.

Hey D~!
I just got back from our trip so I'm still getting all caught up on the Dis but I wanted to thank you for writing about your dealings with Fitbit. My Charge was doing the same thing as yours so I emailed them and they are sending a replacement for free! However, I am getting the same model my current one is, which is just the standard Charge. Did you have the Charge HR?

Yay!!! So glad you were able to get yours replaced. Mine was a regular Charge - I really like the Alta, but I do think I'd be happier with another Charge... It must not have been available that day or something? Not sure. I am happy to hear that you were able to get another one though - that's awesome! ::yes::

I probably could get it fixed but I don't think it would be back in time for our trip anyway. Instead of being a wristlet, it now sits in my bathroom holding all of my hair accessories lol

I saw this yesterday and thought you might find it funny.

View attachment 200472

I know you don't get that angry but I got a chuckle out of it.

Ahhh - got it. That is still a bummer though.

Hahahha... Not quite that bad, usually. LOL

Your non-park days sound delightful :) My family would probably rather vacation with you and have some relaxing days scheduled in their trip, rather than my Commando touring pace :firefight
I wanted to suggest the Smoothies at Art of Animation as a snack for your wanderings over there. In 2013 we stayed at Pop and didn't check out their food court until our last day. I was so disappointed! I could've been enjoying those delicious things with my snack credits all week long! This time, I will be more prepared :)

We are doing our first ever meal at 1900 Park Fare the day of our vow renewal. We'll be having the Supercalifragilistic Brekfast Buffet, though I must admit I'd really love to do the dinner with Cinderella and crew. Oh, well. I've always got a list going for next time!!

Hehehehe... I used to go commando all the time, and then on our first girls trip - I happened upon airfare that extended our trip by 3 days, and even with adding 3 days to our resort (we had FD), it was still cheaper to stay. Those extra 3 days gave us 2 days off during our trip and it was amazing! So, it's something I try to do with every trip. Even though - they don't really end up being days off... :scratchin We still try really hard to go at a more leisurely pace. ::yes::

I will look for those while I am there! Thanks for the tip!

I've never been to 1900 for breakfast - only dinner... V really likes the Steps, and enjoys the food there, so it always seems like one of her top requests - after 'Ohana, of course. LOL

Two hours is never enough time for me at DTD (Disney Springs) -- there are just so many new, fun stores there...and the bakeries...oh my...Sprinkles is one of my favorite places ever and then there's the new high-end bakery by WoD that I absolutely love... I'm so glad I'll done with W30 so I can indulge in a few treats while I'm there... I would probably try to move your dinner ADR later so you have more time at DTD...or you could keep it as is and maybe go back to DTD after dinner for a bit? I enjoy evenings at DTD -- the entertainment is always fun, plus the temperatures are lovely.

Your hair is going to be so cute -- can't wait to see pictures!

Well, I moved our breakfast to about 30 minutes earlier - hopefully that helps some. We will try to be out of DTD at a reasonable hour, I am still stalking for a bit later dinner - hopefully something opens up.

I am excited to share it - my stylist always does such a nice job on my hair - I love her! :lovestruc

I don't understand why you want to by GC for V to use at Disney. Why not just use cash? Please enlighten me

I hope your knee gets better soon.

I hope your hair appointment goes great and I can't wait to see your new hair

Thank you for telling me about the warning tag on the Donney bags. I didn't know that. I wouldn't wear a bag with that warning but I still think the pattern on the bag was cool.

So today was the big day. I was excited and nervous about driving the new car. Ulf came with me to the car shop and we ordered a cab to come and pick us up at 1.05PM The appointment at the car shop wasn't until 1.30PM but I really didn't want to come late because I had a physiotherapy appointment at 3PM. The cab came on time and we ended up at the car shop 15 minutes before the appointment. So we had to wait because the car wasn't quite ready yet. Finally the time came to go and take a real look at the car. We went in to a room with a lot of light and the sales man told us about the functions we would need right away to drive the car. It took one hour to show us the most important functions and then I drove the car out on the road and towards town. It was a little to much traffic for my liking with the new car. With the old car that traffic wouldn't bother me at all. But with the new car I was afraid to bump into some one so it wasn't fun driving in traffic.

At the physiotherapy there are 2 parking spaces outside and 2 inside a huge garage. With my old car I always park in the garage, but with the new car I didn't want to drive in to the garage because I didn't feel that I would manage it. So I ended up parking outside. I had my physiotherapy appointment and then we had to drive to another part of city center to buy tickets for a concert we want to go to. Now it was even more traffic because people was on their way home from work. I managed to park outside the cinema where we had to buy the tickets. We got the tickets and then we decided to drive to my parents house so I could test how the car behaves when going down the steep hill from my parents house.

I parked the car outside my parents house and went inside to see if my mom was home so she could see the new car. We stayed there for a few minutes and then we drove to the grocery store. I didn't want to drive to the store I usually go to because then I have to park in a huge garage and I don't want to do that for the first time when there are a lot of cars there. So we drove to the other store which meant that I could drive on roads where there is never traffic. Of course it started to rain (that was the forecast for today) so then I had to figure out how to keep my windows clear of water. Luckily it was just a little rain so it didn't make the driving that much harder. When we came to the store it was a lot of cars in the parking lot. We are never at the store so late in the day so I'm not used to that many cars in the parking lot. I manage to find a parking space and parked the car without a problem. After getting what I need at the store I drove home. I then handed the car over to Ulf so he could park the car at the small parking lot outside. We decided that we didn't want to try and park in my parking space in the garage. We will try that tomorrow.

The car was much easier to drive than I feared it would be. But I still have to get used to driving in curves because I car that is so long will cut corners. Therefor it's important to remember that it cut corners so you don't bump into something.

I know you saw the pictures of my car on Facebook, but I will post theme here as well.

Well, buying the GCs just gives her a little bit of savings. I purchase them at Target with my Target Debit Card - which saves her 5% - not a bit chunk of $$ by any means - but enough of a savings that she can purchase an extra snack or something while we are there. :)

Thanks - I am super happy with how my hair turned out!

Yay!!!! I am so happy you finally got your new car! :woohoo: I love the color - it's super nice! Great choice! And I am so happy that you were able to get it and practice driving before the roads get bad - that is fantastic too. I hope your parking goes well today and you are able to get more practice in. :woohoo:

3 weeks off from Target! Yes!! Do you work more then the one day a week during the holidays?!

I would love to see your Disney nails if you get around to it. I haven't had a 'real' mani/pedi since 2011...same reason you said plus the cost was just getting to be too much. I do love it though so I may get them before our Feb trip.

Love all of your plans so far! As for Disney Springs...I just don't think 2 hours is enough time unless you only want to go to WOD and G for your sundae...then I think that's totally doable.

I hope you're having a lovely week!

I know - I am excited to be off for a while! I allow them to schedule me an extra day during Thanksgiving week - so, they get me on Black Friday and one other day. Otherwise, no, I don't work any extra over the holidays. :)

I will try to post my Disney nails - I am not having them done for another couple of days. Tuesdays are the only day of the week I can have my hair done, so that's why I had my hair done so early. ::yes:: I certainly miss having my nails done all the time though... And looking at my nails yesterday - I am almost certain I will have to have acrylics put on this time - they look terrible.

Yes - as of now, those are the only 2 stores at the very top of my list... Oh and the VB store. LOL I did grab a bit earlier breakfast - hopefully that helps, and I"ll be looking for a little bit later dinner - sadly, I fear I waited too long and it might be much harder to get. :scratchin

Thanks - same to you!

We went from the CR to Disney Springs and I was surprised at how fast we got there. I would guess that the bus ride was about 15 minutes long. So if breakfast doesn't take too long then you should be alright. :)

That's good to know - hopefully a bus comes in a timely manner for us. LOL

I always ask for our check as soon as we are seated - that way we can leave as soon as we are finished eating. I usually don't do this on non-park days, but I will probably do it for this meal. ::yes::

I'm glad your Target day was quick and easy, and now You can get back to important things like packing for Disney! Hopefully, you were able to get all the gift cards you needed. I think a red shirt & jean shorts will be good with C&D. It will really accentuate the bag. I agree with the others that 2 hours may not be enough at DS, but maybe if you make it a point to only go into certain stores and stick to it, then it may be doable. Is this your only planned trip to Disney Springs? Can't wait to see how your hair turns out- lowlights sound perfect for fall! I hope you have a great evening! Good luck with the packing.

Oh, PS: not that it shouldn't be taken seriously, but we just moved here from CA, and that prop 65 warning is on EVERYTHING! It's posted outside of stores on labels, at restaurants, at salons, everywhere. It just caught my attention because after about the 5th time of seeing it, I thought- wow- CA is toxic, Lol!

Yes - LOL... So happy to be finished with work.

We did get all of our GCs yesterday - so that's done - I just need to get balances transferred now.

Thanks for the opinion on the C*D bag... It's really been bugging me.

It's really a bummer - we have the whole day off, but by the time we figure in transportation and dining times, that leaves us with 2 hours on our day off.... :scratchin Makes no sense... I did get a bit earlier of a breakfast time, so hopefully that helps a little bit.

I know there is some debate about the prop 65 warning - I guess my opinion on it is that I am better off safe than sorry... So if I see anything with the label - I really do try to avoid it, and find an alternative. ::yes::

***********************************************************************************************************

Alrighty....

My daily updates are so boring... Seeing as I am totally done with all work... No more Target... No more sewing... I am LOOKING for things to keep me occupied. LOL

Yesterday morning, I did my heavy lifting - it went well.

After, I had breakfast...

And then I sorted my make-up and brushes, so I know what I am bringing with. One person requested hearing about what I am packing - so I am going to bore all of you to death with it. :lmao:

20161011_065211.jpg

20161011_065256.jpg

I know I've talked about my Sigma brushes before, and how much I love them. I also know that a few of you mentioned purchasing them after I'd talked so highly of them. Well, here they are again... This travel brush set is just my favorite... All of the teal colored brushes are ones that came with the set - the other colors (pink and black) are add on ones I've purchased... Here are the ones that have made the cut for this trip. The girls and I share brushes (I know, bad) - with exception to our foundation brushes - those we don't share, which is why you see two - one is mine, one is V's. ::yes::

20161011_065427.jpg

So, above you will see L to R: Foundation brushes, powder brush, Contouring brush (double ended), eyeliner brush and 4 different eye shadow brushes. These are all my favorites and the ones I use every day. ::yes::

20161011_065733.jpg

Now, for all of my foundations... I will fully admit that most of these I don't use every day. However, when I am going to WDW and I am going to be in a bazillion family vacation pictures - I do my best to wear a full face - so all of it comes with me. I don't necessarily wear it all there either - but I like to have it with just in case. ::yes::

L to R: NYX concealer (I love the NYX brand - lots of great products - however, I don't love their packaging - it always cracks not long after purchasing, so I can't close the tubes tightly), 2 tubes of pore eraser (1 is almost gone, so bringing 2 just in case), Urban Decay foundation, Avon BB cream (my favorite on normal days), Urban Decay color corrector (I only use this on special occasions too - it's expensive), and the little tub is Cetophil face moisturizer.

20161011_065849.jpg

20161011_065932.jpg

Then one Urban Decay Naked eye palette, and one Anastasia contouring palette... our eye primer (I don't use, V does), setting powder, blush, and our favorite eye shadow "Sin" by Urban Decay...

20161011_070114.jpg

Finally - brow mascara, UD "naked" lip gloss, 2 tubes of mascara (one brown, one black) and UD setting spray.

Like I said - I don't wear all of this stuff every day - but I do bring it with me. So all of it is organized and set aside... When it's time to pack it the day we leave, I can just throw it into my tote bag and go. ::yes::

I also took time yesterday to reorganize and repack my luggage. I added a few things and I took a few things out. My big suitcase weighed in at 41 lbs and my smaller one weighed in at 27 lbs. :scratchin: I have NO idea how I've done trips in the past with only one suitcase? Totally baffles my mind... Granted - this time, I am responsible for packing V's park bags - so those are an added addition that I don't normally have to worry about.

Anyways - with exception to my last minute packing, I am fully packed and ready to go. Now all I have to do is wait. LOL And wait... And wait... :whistle

So, yesterday - I picked V up from school... I purchased my souvenir GCs, and she purchased her's. I also found a really cute shirt to wear on the flight. I need to take some time this morning to combine my newest GCs, so I am not traveling with so many of them.

Then we went to get my hair done... It took 3 hours - which is pretty typical when I am doing the full treatment. I know my highlights are "toasted almond" and my low lights are "burgundy", but I cannot remember what my main color is... I do have 3 colors put in my hair and a bazillion foils... I love how it looks when I am done, and this time, I added extra burgundy - so it's a lot more "fall like". ::yes:: Over all, as usual, I am very happy with it! (Sorry my selfie is a bit blurry...)

20161011_174821.jpg

And that was it, I put a ham and scalloped potatoes in the crock pot yesterday morning, so we could eat right when we got home, and I went to bed shortly after that.

Today... I have an entire day off to do NOTHING. Can you believe it?

I will work out this morning - not sure what I am doing yet... Maybe a walk (I haven't even looked outside yet...) - or something else?

I've decided I want to make myself one more very quick item, so I will do that. And I also want to make a quick item as a gift for a friend. So, I will work on that this morning. You know me - I can't be idle long.

I have to pick V up from school today and take her to her friend's house - they are going to religion class together tonight.

That's all... I have our departure day plans left to write about - and then I've written about all of our days. ::yes::

I hope you all have a great day!!! Sending Prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Departure day plans...

Such a sad, sad day...

Considering that we have an afternoon flight on this day, we won't have to do too much packing in the days leading up to this day - which is nice.

I will let V sleep in a little bit this morning (depending on what her packing situation looks like) - if it's terrible, she will have to be up early... If she doesn't have stuff flung all over the room, she will get to sleep in a bit later. I will make sure she knows this is my gauge in advance. ::yes::

We will finish our packing and check out of our resort. We will check our bags with bell services for the day.

Then we will head out to our final breakfast, this one is at Kona... V loves Macadamia Nut anything - so I just know she will love their pancakes. I am not all that excited about eating here again, as it really didn't sit well with me last time... So, I will try something new on the menu, and hopefully it goes better for me. I need to be cautious with my flight this day.

When we are done with breakfast - we will check the time, and maybe wander around the monorail resorts a little bit (keeping in mind my luck with the monorail)...

We will head back to our resort about 45 min before our town car is to arrive, grab our luggage and wait.

Our town car will drop us at the curb at MCO, I think I will curb check our luggage - as 3 big pieces are difficult for me to navigate through the airport.

We will go through secuirty and get on the CORRECT fake-O-rail to our gates.

Fly home with a stop at Midway in Chicago.

We will arrive home much later than I would like, which will make a difficult morning for V the following morning. She will be lucky to be in bed this night by 11pm, and she has to be on a bus for school the following morning before 6am. I may just pull her out of school that morning and bring her in later in the day. We'll see how our flight goes and what time we get settled at home. I am not telling her this is an option though. ::yes::

And that's it. That's our trip.

I love these days leading up to the trip - but I also hate them... Knowing that it's "almost over" is pretty difficult for me. And with no trip planned on the horizon, and this trip being the "last" of our girls trips - fair warning, there WILL be some Disney depression going on for me afterwards. ::yes::

D~

Sounds like you are ready for your trip. It's so boring waiting for the day of the trip to come. You can always keep yourself occupied in your sewing room making something :)

Your hair looks great. Lovely color you have chosen on your hair :lovestruc

Your departure day plans looks great.
Hopefully V won't have her stuff all over the room when she knows that she can sleep a little longer in the morning if her stuff all over the place :)

I think it's a good idea to be back at your resort 45 minutes before your town car arrives.

It's wise of you not to tell V that you are thinking of getting her late to school if you get very late to bed when you get home.

I hope you have a great day :hug:

Today it was time for my therapy riding class again. I drove my new car to the riding school. It went great. I managed to park the car and get it out of the parking lot when my class was finished. I then drove back home. This time it was my turn to park the car on the parking lot outside at home. Ulf will clear space for the new car and clean out my old car tomorrow so we can try to park my new car in my garage space and then we will drive my old car to my parents house. We are parking my old car at my parents house for a while until we see that I don't have to get any adjustments done to my new car. The reason for parking my old car at my parents house is because at my place I only have one parking lot that is mine. All the parking lots outside are guest parking and if you park there you have to move your car every 6 or 12 hours depending on if it's a weekday or weekend. All this has to be done tomorrow because Ulf and I are traveling to Stavanger this weekend.
I have to pack for the trip tomorrow. It's pretty easy to pack because I have made different packing lists for different kinds of trips. So if I just follow the list I've made it's pretty easy to remember to pack everything I need.

Last edited:
I had a reply all typed out and it disappeared. So frustrating!!

My girls and I really like the Urban Decay products. I use their foundation primer and eyelid primer every day, and my daughters love their eyeshadows. I've never tried their foundation before, but I like their setting spray. I've been using IT Cosmetics powder foundation and I really like it, along with their "bye bye undereye" concealer -- that stuff covers SO well!

Departure day is always so sad.... :-(

I love your hair! It looks fabulous. I have been going lighter and lighter with my hair over the last several years because I have so much gray hair, but I always have lowlights added for fall and winter. Now you've got me thinking about going with some burgundy. I need to talk to my hairstylist and see what he thinks. I'm just concerned about my gray hair because I've never had luck trying to hide my gray with lowlights. But I do need a change for fall and winter... :-)

I am not a pancake person, so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the macadamia nut pancakes at Kona. I didn't like the POG juice at all, but I'm not a big juice drinker. It tends to be way too sweet for me. We were most excited to try the Tonga Toast but ended up not being big fans. It was ok, but it was just too much.

Plans are shaping up for my one day trip next month. My good friend from work (and fellow Disney fanatic) will be going with me and we've got the rental car arranged, hotel booked (off-site....it's just one night and it was so much cheaper), and FP+ booked and the plan of attack for the day figured out. We'll start out at Epcot (arrive well before RD) and do what we want to do there, then enjoy the Food and Wine booths, then head to DHS in the afternoon for our FP there, then head to MK where we will fully enjoy MVMCP and plan to close down the park. We aren't making any table service ADRs because we only have one day and don't want to lose any time on that, so I'm not sure where we'll eat dinner at MK yet. But I do like Columbia Harbour House and it's usually easy to find a table there, so that might be where we end up. Don't know yet. Then the next morning we'll head to DTD and spend the morning/early afternoon there before heading back to Tampa to catch our flight home. I can't wait -- I am SO excited! I need to get my GCs at Target....

Have a great day!

Hello my old friend! For whatever reason i wasn't getting updates again. Only 4 pages behind so not too bad!
I do adore all your plans.., But i cannot wait to hear how the trip goes!
Tusker house morning!!! LOVE IT! the sun is all shiny and crisp shows the tree even more!

Then your all over the place! LOL!!! YAY for AoA exploration! such a great resort! We love it as you know..
Get the gelato. YUM.
One of these years we will get to U.S. Until then i will live vicariously through you!!!!

MNSSHP!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH My favorite party by far!!! I hope the crowds are low and you can meet some of the characters.. OR go do a dance party!!! Love those. NOTHING and i mean NOTHING beats the headless horseman!
Downtown Disney.. that's just bad juju on my bank account.

I am so very excited for you and V!!!!

I will be your #1 stalker on facebook!

You've got that make-up thing down to a science, I see!! I would never even guess you wore much make-up, you always look very natural in your pics even with your "full face" on for the Photopass photographers! :)

It's so exciting to be all packed and ready, but I agree, you must keep yourself busy or you'll go mad waiting around for your trip day to arrive!! IT'S SO CLOSE!!

I'm excited to hear about all your adventures!! and we'll be here to support you through your Disney depression when you get back :grouphug:

:hug:I have the Pore-Fessional (I think that's what it's called) as well and I love it. I'm bringing a little bit of makeup but not much because I know it won't last in the heat. Mainly just some foundation and eye shadow.

I've decided I want to make myself one more very quick item, so I will do that. And I also want to make a quick item as a gift for a friend. So, I will work on that this morning. You know me - I can't be idle long.

You sound a lot like me. I can't even sit down to watch a movie or TV without having a book or something going at the same time.

I love these days leading up to the trip - but I also hate them... Knowing that it's "almost over" is pretty difficult for me. And with no trip planned on the horizon, and this trip being the "last" of our girls trips - fair warning, there WILL be some Disney depression going on for me afterwards. ::yes::

Awww, I feel you. Disney depression is the worst. But at least there will be lots of memories & pictures! :hug:

Just stopping in to catch up. Love the shoes, the wallet and of course your plans. I am so excited for your trip!!! Wish we were going, but right now that is not an option.
Went and visited my daughter at school and I got to take Lil' Miss R with us. She was just too cute and we had so much fun. I did make reservations for a tour and they called me two days before stating they cancelled the tour indefinitely. I was so disappointed. We just winged the day.

Whenever you are leaving have a safe trip and a wonderful time. I look forward to reading your report when you get back.

Ha! Is it bad that I thought the make-up stuff was fun to read about? It's funny how it all adds up when packing--I'm always paranoid about running out of things so I take extra too. Of course my make-up never looks good after a day in a park but oh well!

Departure days are always sad :sad1: I have no idea when I'll be back either which is why I started reading about other people's trips. Might not make everyone feel better but it works for me!

Eating some lunch and stalking D -what a perfect lunchtime! Love your makeup Dorine. Funny, I use a lot of the same products as you, and I ordered the Sigma travel set a long time ago, my container is pink. I had to get used to them as they were so "good" ha ha. I love them now, especially the eyeshadow brushes. I love the Nars concealer, it is so expensive but lasts a long time. I do a full face pretty much 6 days a week, I am so used to it working all these years.

You look like you are ready to go! Waiting patiently for the day to arrive.

Your hair looks amazing! The highlights and low lights look so natural, kudos to your stylist. My last highlights about a month ago were much darker due to all my gray. Had to cover it up!

I will never get used to calling it Disney Springs; it will always be Downtown Disney for me. Cannot wait to hear what you think of the new shops, etc.

Last day plans - don't want to talk about it. That's the "real life" part that stinks.

Have a wonderful Wednesday D!

Love and hugs

I love your hair. The streaks look very natural. And I am very impressed with your makeup skills. It looks like art for the face. :)

Hasn't Victoria eaten breakfast at Kona before now? It doesn't appeal to me since I am something of an eggs and bacon fan. But I know a lot of people love their food. Now the Kona coffee is a different matter. I would love to get a pot of that coffee. ::yes:: I think our next trip just needs to be ADRs and no parks. ;)

Ok, Love the make-up break down! Do you use the pore minimizer like a primer? I've tried different primers but never found one I really like. Maybe that would be a different option. Your face always looks flawless, so you are doing something right! Your hair looks great! I love the color- the different tones are so subtle but it all blends perfectly. It's good to have everything ready to go so early, but now you have that down time before you go. Departure days are a bummer, but at least you don't have to leave super early and can soak up that last bit of magic. So exciting! If you can't sleep the night before, just remember that it's the middle of the day for me so I will be up if you need an ear for a chat, Lol. I'm usually on FB or messenger during the day. And as a PP said, we will be here for you for that post- Disney slump. We get it- the Disney blues are a real thing.

I have to meet Emma at school today- the DoD is requiring all kids in their school to get the flu shot. I hope it will not be a nightmare of lines. They are having a clinic at the school for all the students. Apparently, it was quite an epidemic last year. Hopefully, we won't get it, but the flu shot never seems to be a good predictor for our family.

I hope you have a great evening and find something to make the time pass quickly!

Your hair looks great!! Glad you got your suitcases packed and the last of your GC purchased.

Disney Depression. :guilty: I feel you, departure day is always so sad, especially if you don't have another trip planned. It won't be long before my kids will no longer want to travel to Disney, a sad reality but a reality none the less. We need to get a group of future solo travelers together so we have some trips lined up....some Disney to look forward to! What do you think?! I have friends with much younger kids than mine and they are huge Disney fans...I have already informed them that I will be tagging along on their family vacations from time to time. :lovestruc

Sounds like you are ready for your trip. It's so boring waiting for the day of the trip to come. You can always keep yourself occupied in your sewing room making something

Your hair looks great. Lovely color you have chosen on your hair

Your departure day plans looks great.
Hopefully V won't have her stuff all over the room when she knows that she can sleep a little longer in the morning if her stuff all over the place

I think it's a good idea to be back at your resort 45 minutes before your town car arrives.

It's wise of you not to tell V that you are thinking of getting her late to school if you get very late to bed when you get home.

I hope you have a great day

Today it was time for my therapy riding class again. I drove my new car to the riding school. It went great. I managed to park the car and get it out of the parking lot when my class was finished. I then drove back home. This time it was my turn to park the car on the parking lot outside at home. Ulf will clear space for the new car and clean out my old car tomorrow so we can try to park my new car in my garage space and then we will drive my old car to my parents house. We are parking my old car at my parents house for a while until we see that I don't have to get any adjustments done to my new car. The reason for parking my old car at my parents house is because at my place I only have one parking lot that is mine. All the parking lots outside are guest parking and if you park there you have to move your car every 6 or 12 hours depending on if it's a weekday or weekend. All this has to be done tomorrow because Ulf and I are traveling to Stavanger this weekend.
I have to pack for the trip tomorrow. It's pretty easy to pack because I have made different packing lists for different kinds of trips. So if I just follow the list I've made it's pretty easy to remember to pack everything I need.

Yup - I am totally ready for our trip - I am just now waiting for my flight, which is days away. LOL

Thank you - now that I am getting used to it, it feels a little dark. I usually don't wash it for 2 days after I have it colored, however, this time I think I am going to wash it early and daily until we leave - I think I want it to fade just a bit? :scratchin

I am sure she will keep her stuff nicely organized, she is usually pretty good about that while we are traveling.

I am so happy that you are doing so well with your new car - I never doubted it for a moment. :woohoo: Have fun on your trip and happy packing! :lovestruc

I had a reply all typed out and it disappeared. So frustrating!!

My girls and I really like the Urban Decay products. I use their foundation primer and eyelid primer every day, and my daughters love their eyeshadows. I've never tried their foundation before, but I like their setting spray. I've been using IT Cosmetics powder foundation and I really like it, along with their "bye bye undereye" concealer -- that stuff covers SO well!

Departure day is always so sad.... :-(

I love your hair! It looks fabulous. I have been going lighter and lighter with my hair over the last several years because I have so much gray hair, but I always have lowlights added for fall and winter. Now you've got me thinking about going with some burgundy. I need to talk to my hairstylist and see what he thinks. I'm just concerned about my gray hair because I've never had luck trying to hide my gray with lowlights. But I do need a change for fall and winter...

I am not a pancake person, so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the macadamia nut pancakes at Kona. I didn't like the POG juice at all, but I'm not a big juice drinker. It tends to be way too sweet for me. We were most excited to try the Tonga Toast but ended up not being big fans. It was ok, but it was just too much.

Plans are shaping up for my one day trip next month. My good friend from work (and fellow Disney fanatic) will be going with me and we've got the rental car arranged, hotel booked (off-site....it's just one night and it was so much cheaper), and FP+ booked and the plan of attack for the day figured out. We'll start out at Epcot (arrive well before RD) and do what we want to do there, then enjoy the Food and Wine booths, then head to DHS in the afternoon for our FP there, then head to MK where we will fully enjoy MVMCP and plan to close down the park. We aren't making any table service ADRs because we only have one day and don't want to lose any time on that, so I'm not sure where we'll eat dinner at MK yet. But I do like Columbia Harbour House and it's usually easy to find a table there, so that might be where we end up. Don't know yet. Then the next morning we'll head to DTD and spend the morning/early afternoon there before heading back to Tampa to catch our flight home. I can't wait -- I am SO excited! I need to get my GCs at Target....

Have a great day!

Ugh!!! I hate it when that happens! Glad you decided to try again, as I truly appreciate the effort. :lovestruc

Yes - we love our Urban Decay products too... We've managed to collect all of the palettes over the years, until this last year - where they seem to have released several of them. I have not tried any IT products - I've heard of them - I will keep a look out. Thanks for the review!

Thanks -I like it too... I am starting to think it's just a little too dark though, so I think I am going to try to wash it a few times before we leave, in the hopes that it fade just a bit. I can't decide if I should go darker to cover the gray or lighter... As all of my hair that isn't gray/silver is that icky dishwater colored hair - so a huge contrast and a person can really see the gray. Sigh... I my max time between colorings seems to be about 5-6 weeks now. :scratchin Which gets to be expensive.

I am not sure what I didn't like about Kona - I know I didn't like the pressed pot coffee, so I won't waste our $$ on that again. Allison and I shared the tonga toast and the macadamia nut pancakes - I dunno - they both just got sickening after a few bites... Hopefully this time, it will be better? Or I will try something else on the menu.

Yay!!! You are going to have one FULL Disney day! :woohoo: Between Epcot, F&W and MVMCP - that is awesome!!! Both of you will be so tired, and have your Disney fill for a while - I hope. LOL Sooo exciting! ::yes::

Hello my old friend! For whatever reason i wasn't getting updates again. Only 4 pages behind so not too bad!
I do adore all your plans.., But i cannot wait to hear how the trip goes!
Tusker house morning!!! LOVE IT! the sun is all shiny and crisp shows the tree even more!

Then your all over the place! LOL!!! YAY for AoA exploration! such a great resort! We love it as you know..
Get the gelato. YUM.
One of these years we will get to U.S. Until then i will live vicariously through you!!!!

MNSSHP!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH My favorite party by far!!! I hope the crowds are low and you can meet some of the characters.. OR go do a dance party!!! Love those. NOTHING and i mean NOTHING beats the headless horseman!
Downtown Disney.. that's just bad juju on my bank account.

I am so very excited for you and V!!!!

I will be your #1 stalker on facebook!

Hahahha... Not too bad at all.

I know - TH in the morning is just the most fabulous thing ever... Sparkly sunshine hitting the ToL and the entire park... Ahhh - it just makes me happy inside! :woohoo:

OK - I will try the gilato, I know Allison said fabulous things about it when she had it in Italy... Hmmm... Now that I type that - I wonder if that's what i had with Suzi at Via Napoli? It was like ice cream, and delicious!

We are incredibly excited to do MNSSHP again - it is one of our all time favorites! :woohoo:

Hehehe... I'll probably be posting too much on FB. LOL It's good to see you MO - gonna try to get caught up on your PTR before we leave. :lovestruc

You've got that make-up thing down to a science, I see!! I would never even guess you wore much make-up, you always look very natural in your pics even with your "full face" on for the Photopass photographers!

It's so exciting to be all packed and ready, but I agree, you must keep yourself busy or you'll go mad waiting around for your trip day to arrive!! IT'S SO CLOSE!!

I'm excited to hear about all your adventures!! and we'll be here to support you through your Disney depression when you get back :grouphug:

Thanks! That's my goal... For the last 2 trips - I've had a full face on almost every day, and I definitely want it to look natural on me... Which is probably why I love the Urban Decay Naked line so much - I've always been more of a natural person, and this goes perfectly with me. ::yes:: So, thank you. :lovestruc

Trying to keep busy and make time go faster - yet I am trying to enjoy these last few days of anticipation too... It's a difficult balance. LOL

Thank you. :hug: I went through it pretty bad after our trip in 2014 - that was a tough one... I am sure I will find a way to go back, it just may be a while. Sadly.

:hug:I have the Pore-Fessional (I think that's what it's called) as well and I love it. I'm bringing a little bit of makeup but not much because I know it won't last in the heat. Mainly just some foundation and eye shadow.

You sound a lot like me. I can't even sit down to watch a movie or TV without having a book or something going at the same time.

Awww, I feel you. Disney depression is the worst. But at least there will be lots of memories & pictures!

I love my Pore-fessional... It's an awesome product. I do really like the Maybelline version too - however, it isn't quite as good as the porefessional. ::yes:: I am debating if I want to go grab a small tube of it before we go, or if I just want to use what I have? :scratchin

Hahaha... Yah - pretty much. LOL

It is - hopefully I can find a way to go back some time sooner rather than later... I don't mind going once a year or once every 18 months, but it's nice to KNOW it, rather than not have anything planned. ::yes::

Just stopping in to catch up. Love the shoes, the wallet and of course your plans. I am so excited for your trip!!! Wish we were going, but right now that is not an option.
Went and visited my daughter at school and I got to take Lil' Miss R with us. She was just too cute and we had so much fun. I did make reservations for a tour and they called me two days before stating they cancelled the tour indefinitely. I was so disappointed. We just winged the day.

Whenever you are leaving have a safe trip and a wonderful time. I look forward to reading your report when you get back.

Thanks!!! Those shoes - swoon!!! I love them even more now that I have them in my posession. I'd love to be able to buy another few pairs just to have for when these wear out. LOL

Awwwh - cute!! Bummer about the tour though - at least you still were able to spend the day with her, and I am sure she enjoyed being with you.

Thank you!!! I look forward to sharing it all with you! :hug:

Ha! Is it bad that I thought the make-up stuff was fun to read about? It's funny how it all adds up when packing--I'm always paranoid about running out of things so I take extra too. Of course my make-up never looks good after a day in a park but oh well!

Departure days are always sad I have no idea when I'll be back either which is why I started reading about other people's trips. Might not make everyone feel better but it works for me!

I am glad you enjoyed it. LOL I love make-up - thanks to Allison, she is the one who got me into it. I always thought it was moms who had to teach daughters how to apply make-up... Not us. LOL Allison did a make-over on me one day, and I was hooked... She actually made me look good. LOL So, then I had her teach me, and show me which products to use... It's been fun!

Good idea to read other's reports - it's kind of fun. I know, for me, writing TRs after I get home does help some... It gets me over that first initial hump - and typically - by the time I am done writing the TR, I am close to zeroing in on new dates... However, I am not certain that will happen for me this time.

Eating some lunch and stalking D -what a perfect lunchtime! Love your makeup Dorine. Funny, I use a lot of the same products as you, and I ordered the Sigma travel set a long time ago, my container is pink. I had to get used to them as they were so "good" ha ha. I love them now, especially the eyeshadow brushes. I love the Nars concealer, it is so expensive but lasts a long time. I do a full face pretty much 6 days a week, I am so used to it working all these years.

You look like you are ready to go! Waiting patiently for the day to arrive.

Your hair looks amazing! The highlights and low lights look so natural, kudos to your stylist. My last highlights about a month ago were much darker due to all my gray. Had to cover it up!

I will never get used to calling it Disney Springs; it will always be Downtown Disney for me. Cannot wait to hear what you think of the new shops, etc.

Last day plans - don't want to talk about it. That's the "real life" part that stinks.

Have a wonderful Wednesday D!

Love and hugs

Yes - those brushes are awesome aren't that. I honestly think a person could have the crappiest of make-up and it would still be OK if they had good brushes to apply it. It makes all the difference in the world. I really want to try NARS one day - I haven't yet and I've heard so many good things about them. One day I will...

I am trying to be patient - and busy - it's not going the greatest. LOL I find myself looking for things to do. :scratchin

I love my stylist - she is great! I always get sooo many compliments on my hair all of the time. I am so glad I found her!

Hahaha... Yes - last days are such a bummer. The good thing about going for long trips though is that by the last day - I am usually a little bit ready to go home. ::yes::

Thanks Carol - as always, it's good to see you! :hug: Sending love and hugs right back!

I love your hair. The streaks look very natural. And I am very impressed with your makeup skills. It looks like art for the face.

Hasn't Victoria eaten breakfast at Kona before now? It doesn't appeal to me since I am something of an eggs and bacon fan. But I know a lot of people love their food. Now the Kona coffee is a different matter. I would love to get a pot of that coffee. I think our next trip just needs to be ADRs and no parks.

Thanks - I try hard to make my make-up look natural... I am very aware of the fact that I am over 40 and I should look my age. LOL

No, V has never been to Kona - the first time we'd ever eaten there was for Allison's trip this last January. Crazy huh? I LOVE coffee - sadly I didn't like Kona's coffee at all... It had a really bitter taste to it that I didn't like. Sadly - I won't be ordering that one again.... I am hoping they have regular coffee...

Hahahaha.... it's true - we all go back for the food, I think. LOL

Ok, Love the make-up break down! Do you use the pore minimizer like a primer? I've tried different primers but never found one I really like. Maybe that would be a different option. Your face always looks flawless, so you are doing something right! Your hair looks great! I love the color- the different tones are so subtle but it all blends perfectly. It's good to have everything ready to go so early, but now you have that down time before you go. Departure days are a bummer, but at least you don't have to leave super early and can soak up that last bit of magic. So exciting! If you can't sleep the night before, just remember that it's the middle of the day for me so I will be up if you need an ear for a chat, Lol. I'm usually on FB or messenger during the day. And as a PP said, we will be here for you for that post- Disney slump. We get it- the Disney blues are a real thing.

I have to meet Emma at school today- the DoD is requiring all kids in their school to get the flu shot. I hope it will not be a nightmare of lines. They are having a clinic at the school for all the students. Apparently, it was quite an epidemic last year. Hopefully, we won't get it, but the flu shot never seems to be a good predictor for our family.

I hope you have a great evening and find something to make the time pass quickly!

Yes - the pore minimizer is like a primer... It fills the pores and also makes your face very smooth. Thank you - LOL - I sure don't feel flawless... My goal is to have my face look like Allison's - her's is always flawless! Sadly - I can never get my face to look as nice as her's, and her's seems to last all day long - I copy her down to a T, and nope, mine doesn't last. I guess it's just because she is young or something? :scratchin

Thanks - I really like my hair this time... However, now that I've had it for a couple of days - it seems a little too dark... I think I am going to wash it a day early and wash it every day until we leave - hopefully maybe I"ll get it a touch lighter. :scratchin

Awesome! That's true - I didn't even think of that... Thanks my friend. :hug: I should be OK sleeping - although - I always have the hardest time sleeping the night before our outgoing flight... Coming home is usually not a problem. ::yes::

Disney depression sucks... Once we get home though - we will go straight into the holidays - so we will be busy, hopefully that will get me through the worst of it, and maybe by then, I will have plans formulated for another trip? :scratchin

Your hair looks great!! Glad you got your suitcases packed and the last of your GC purchased.

Disney Depression. :guilty: I feel you, departure day is always so sad, especially if you don't have another trip planned. It won't be long before my kids will no longer want to travel to Disney, a sad reality but a reality none the less. We need to get a group of future solo travelers together so we have some trips lined up....some Disney to look forward to! What do you think?! I have friends with much younger kids than mine and they are huge Disney fans...I have already informed them that I will be tagging along on their family vacations from time to time. :lovestruc

Thanks - Yup - I am ready to go... I just need to wait a few more days for my flight to get here. LOL

It is so hard... I can usually get through the initial part pretty easily, as I focus on writing my TRs - I love sharing my trips here so much! It's after that, I will have a hard time. I've had a TR/PTR going here on the Dis for over 6 years now - I think it will be harder for me to not have you guys to talk to every day, than to not have a trip planned. ::yes::

I agree - I think a solo trip with a bunch of us would be a lot of fun! We should try!

********************************************************************************************************

So... I am being so lazy this week with my work outs. LOL I did a 1 mile WATP yesterday... I've been working so hard lately to make progress, I just felt like being lazy yesterday. It was nice. ::yes::

On that front... I've really been trying to analyze how I feel about how I look lately - I just don't get it and chalk it up to my brain being dumb. I know - for a fact - when I start my TR, you guys will look at my pictures and think "what is her problem?" LOL - D~ looks exactly the same - and I do - I know it... It's just that my brain can't wrap around that fact. I am not sure if it's because I've been this size for so long now, that I feel like this is my new "fat"? I dunno - I don't get it. Or maybe I just have new insecurities? I am a bit bigger than my smallest - that is true - but it's not out of hand or anything. It's just how I feel about myself and nothing else. I am still trying to work through it though and get past it.

After I was done working out - I went upstiars... I made a cute black/white dotted lanyard for myself, to hang my newly made wallet on, if I choose to carry it that way (thinking maybe at U/S?)... And I made a gift for a friend. Which turned out really cute - I am so happy with it!

Probably the most exciting thing that happened to me yesterday was that my new shoes came... So, I was able to start breaking those in. I wore them all day, and surprisingly they were very comfortable - no hot spots or tight spots. Almost makes me wish I would have tried wearing Vans much sooner in my life. ::yes::

20161012_130820.jpg

Yesterday was also "Marvel vs. Disney" at V's school... She only woke up 10 minutes before the bus, so she grabbed a pair of Ears and ran out the door. LOL

Screenshot_2016-10-12-07-50-31.png

And Allison had a photo shoot up in Minneapolis yesterday - I thought she looked cute, so I stole this picture off of her Snapchat. ::yes::

Screenshot_2016-10-12-16-29-18.png

Then, I got ready and went to town, grabbed V and took her to her friend's house.

We sat around all night and we were lazy. I had to bring all of my mums in off of the porch though, as we had a freeze warning last night... Currently they are residing on my kitchen table.

Today - I plan to heavy lift this morning...

I will eat breakfast and get ready to go.

Allison and I are meeting Machteld and her sister (who just flew in yesterday from the Netherlands) for coffee at Starbucks - I haven't seen Machteld's sister since Brian and Myrthe's wedding (although, Allison just saw her lots this last summer) - so I am looking forward to seeing her again.

We will pick V up from school and take her right to work.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight... I'd love if it was something easy - I can tell already that I don't feel like cooking. Probably one of my favorite things about vacation - no cooking and no dishes. LOL

I hope you all have a great day! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :hug:

D~

Are you guys doing anything special for MNSSHP? Did i miss that post?
I TOTALLY love the vans!!! I plan on grabbing a pair when we are down there!!! I am shocked you didn't get the toy story ones! especially when they have ANDY on the bottom! hard to pick ONE pair!

The picture of Allison is beautiful! You already know how much i love your girls. They are fantastic young women!!!

Your fine. Quit being so hard on yourself!!! BE PROUD! Of who you are- the Mom you are for raising some of the amazing girls- and a OK wife! <--- HA HA HA HA always have to leave room for improvement somewhere right?? can't all be perfect

Love the shoes - they are so cute! Something you can wear when you're not at Disney and still feel that Disney vibe. I really laughed at the "new fat". I hope you can work through feeling good about how you look. When you post one of your "larger" pictures, it really is an amazing transformation. I've had weight issues since 5th grade (when my parents divorced - hmmmm). I weigh less now than I have in 30+ years but it's still hard to get that fat image out of your head. As you get older I think it's easier - you learn to be more accepting of yourself. You must plan another trip! I'm in the habit of checking your PTR every morning for an update. :goodvibes

Rene'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter