parking

Lori74

DIS Veteran
is preferred parking much better than regular? I'm wondering how much closer it gets you, or should we not bother?

If you plan on getting there before park opening, like we do, it doesn't make any difference at all. We are usually in the same area in the garage, a row or two over sometimes.

Preferred parking can be on any floor, but is usually the first two. It is the spaces closest to the escalators or moving walkways. On busier days preferred can be much better. Whenever my family goes to Universal we get preferred, but since we have annual passes it only costs us $6. For regular parking if you arrive after 11am on a weekend, you may be on the roof, which takes forever to get to and from. It really depends on what time you plan on arriving. Anytime before park opening or about 30 minutes after the parks open for regular entry you should be fine to use regular parking.

If you get there late it does make a difference especially at the end of the day when you're tired. The moving walkways end close to the preferred area. If you get there early it wouldn't make much difference in cost.

I don't find it worth it, personally. You still have to walk through Citiwalk and to the garage, so for us, it doesn't really make enough of an improvement to be worth the money.

thank you for all of your responses. we will be arriving (hopefully) before opening. we've gotten good parking spots close to the moving walkways before by just being early. I was just wondering if it were any closer than that. we were trying to save my mil some steps.

We've never used it. We show up before opening, so get pretty decent parking in the morning. We do leave mid-day and have to come back and re-park for our evenings in the parks. Sure the spots aren't as close at that time of day, but it's never been so bad that it even occured to us to upgrade.

With our Premier Pass we've been using the Free Valet. Which has been a god send during busy times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter