• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at the Disneyland hotel

RobynPrincess

Looking around
hope someone will know the answer!

We are coming for our second stay in Disneyland later this year, the first time we were staying in the grand California using our DVC points so we had free parking. Will we have to pay this time? Wasn't sure if it was just as we were staying on points last time so had it free or if it was all DVC members who get free parking. Also I have a handicap badge so does that make a difference?

Thanks so much for your help!

You can always just valet. Much more convenient for arrival and departure. It's roughly double the nightly parking charge I think.

Do they just add this on at check in or do you pay in advance?

It's listed as a daily charge on your bill you get at the end. Plus taxes on it.

Robyn you got the free parking because you were staying on points. I think you would get it at DLH or PPH if you were staying on points at those hotels, too.

Self Parking is $20 a day, Valet is $30, plus tips (we usually do $5 in, $5 out, so yes a minimum of double self park.)

In my opinion there is no good reason to do valet at DLH. The self park lot is a short walk from the front door, and you can drop off family members and luggage in the drop off lanes before parking.

The parking charge at DLH already shocks the conscience, adding valet to the mix is just too much.

In my opinion there is no good reason to do valet at DLH. The self park lot is a short walk from the front door, and you can drop off family members and luggage in the drop off lanes before parking.

The parking charge at DLH already shocks the conscience, adding valet to the mix is just too much.
I think it might shock your conscience how many people valet. For us, it is much easier. I've seen it when the front parking area, the underground parking are both full, and they are parking the valet on the rooftop lot.

I think it might shock your conscience how many people valet. For us, it is much easier. I've seen it when the front parking area, the underground parking are both full, and they are parking the valet on the rooftop lot.

Interesting. I have never seen the self park lot get full. In fact, I rarely have to go to the furthest half of the lot to find a space.

Valet also might make more sense if you do a lot of in and out. When we go to DLH, we generally don't touch the car until it is time to check out and go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter