• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park to Airport?

akline

Mouseketeer
Help! I am staying off property and will need direct transportion from the Animal Kingdom park to the airport on my last day; do I have options? I don't have a rental car. Will Mears pick-up at the parks? Is a taxi better, and do I have to call ahead for a taxi? Ideas? Thanks!

Help! I am staying off property and will need direct transportion from the Animal Kingdom park to the airport on my last day; do I have options? I don't have a rental car. Will Mears pick-up at the parks? Is a taxi better, and do I have to call ahead for a taxi? Ideas? Thanks!

Maybe the best bet would be the Mears shuttle from Animal Kingdom Lodge. The bus from Animal kingdom park would only take 10 mins

Shoot to be at the resort an hour before the (Mears) shuttle pickup time. You never know if some unforeseen problem happens such as an unusally long wait for the Disney bus from park to resort.

Although there are often taxis waiting outside a park, it would be a good idea to call in advance and make a reservation for the time you want. It would be a good idea to shoot for being out there half an hour in advance. Also be sure you know exactly where outside the park you will be meeting the taxi.

You could call Mears and ask if the shuttle could/would pick you up at the park, or whether you'd have to meet it at a resort. Note, though, that typical luggage generally isn't allowed on th Disney buses so you'll probably need to take a cab.

If you opt for a taxi directly to the airport, it's highly unlikely you'll need to call in advance. Just ask to be pointed to the taxi stand as you leave AK, approach the first waiting cab, ensure it has a meter that will be running, and head to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter