• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park/s Capacity....

35% of the max capacity, i.e if max is 100,000 in a park on a non-COVID day, it’s now 35,000 under COVID guidelines. Not sure what the non-COVID max numbers are...

I think the non-COVID max is the New Years Eve number that closes MK or the other parks.
Though, the parks haven't actually reached the "max capacity" in over 10 years. I believe 2009 was the last time MK did. There have been lower phased closures where select guests couldn't get in (mostly just those buying one-day tickets at the gate that get locked out first). But the parks actually reaching full capacity is incredibly rare.

Though, the parks haven't actually reached the "max capacity" in over 10 years. I believe 2009 was the last time MK did. There have been lower phased closures where select guests couldn't get in (mostly just those buying one-day tickets at the gate that get locked out first). But the parks actually reaching full capacity is incredibly rare.
Yep! And if the current limit is 35% of that number, it’s a large number.

I believe someone posted some math on what that 35% actually means in real numbers compared to "normal" times. In their calculations the current 35% equates to 61% of normal park days. Which doesn't sound too bad until you figure in the things that are closed, parades not going on, etc. We'll be there in early May and I'm very curious of just how crowded it will really be.

Best way I can put it is if you’re willing to risk going to WDW right now because you think the trade off will be low crowds, you’ll be disappointed. If you feel comfortable regardless of COVID and plan for it to feel and act like a typical busy park day then you’ll be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter