Park Hours for Feb Keep Changing?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
I usually use the Park Hours calendar here, but they are way off for my week in Feb compared to Disney's site right now. I'm going to go with Disney's for my planning purposes now. Is there a reason that WDW Info ones aren't updated like they always used to be? Is Disney changing them more rapidly than before? Just curious. I know it must be a beast to keep up with!

I usually use the Park Hours calendar here, but they are way off for my week in Feb compared to Disney's site right now. I'm going to go with Disney's for my planning purposes now. Is there a reason that WDW Info ones aren't updated like they always used to be? Is Disney changing them more rapidly than before? Just curious. I know it must be a beast to keep up with!

feb actually just adjusted yesterday and it'll be close to what you see i tnow. and yes disney is not staying opened as late as it once did. as mentioned, they aren't done adjusting but it's fairly close right now to finalize your plans with little risk of wanting to adjust again. if anything it might adjust for earlier or late open/close from this point.

The closings actually got later for a few days which surprised me. I was hoping to see MK open past 8pm a few nights and now I do -- whew!

Glad to hear the park hours for February changed. When we looked a couple of weeks ago for the Princess Half Marathon weekend we saw that MK was only open to 8pm every now. We were kind of disappointed in that. Looks like it is open to 11pm each night now. Always like to head over to MK after the other parks close and close out the day that way.

I noticed that too! this weekend while I was reviewing my plans I saw some changes. It's weird because I didn't notice those changes during my other plannings past trips. I hope they don't keep changing but as long as we have 'more park hours' not less... I guess it's okay lol

The TA calendar still shows the MK closing at 9pm on the 25th and 8pm on the 26th and 27th where the website shows 11pm on those nights now.

I'm not sure how often the TA calendars get updated. As an example, just this week a lot of March dates were changed for HS. Instead of closing at 8pm, they are now closing at 9pm. The TA calendars do not yet reflect this change.

The TA calendar still shows the MK closing at 9pm on the 25th and 8pm on the 26th and 27th where the website shows 11pm on those nights now.

I'm not sure how often the TA calendars get updated. As an example, just this week a lot of March dates were changed for HS. Instead of closing at 8pm, they are now closing at 9pm. The TA calendars do not yet reflect this change.
I'm really surprised bc it used to be that the TA calendars updated before the Disney site. Interesting.....

i remember for my first solo trip in 2014 the Disney site was updated with changes a few days before the TA site, since then I just use the Disney site. There were a couple of posters who kept insisting that the TA site was always right and the information I was finding on the Disney site was wrong, but even then the TA site was lagging.

The closings actually got later for a few days which surprised me. I was hoping to see MK open past 8pm a few nights and now I do -- whew!

I'm not sure when you're going to be there, but I leave next week and will be there through the first week of February, so I've been keeping an eye on the hours. If you're going to be there the week I am, the change for late park hours are because of the Pro Bowl crowds that might be showing up. If you're there later in the month, the Marathon crowds will impact those times.

I keep wondering about the hours for May as well. Every time we have gone to a Disney park in CA and also our WDW trip they had hours much later like 11pm or midnight but the latest is 9pm. We were pretty shocked by this and kind of disappointed as well.:(

I noticed the hours in the "slower" months change regularly. I wonder if it's once they see that it's going to be busier they keep the parks open later?

I keep wondering about the hours for May as well. Every time we have gone to a Disney park in CA and also our WDW trip they had hours much later like 11pm or midnight but the latest is 9pm. We were pretty shocked by this and kind of disappointed as well.:(
They will extend those probably about mid-April. But I don't know by how much as I am a June person.

We do not find this a reliable source of opening/closing times. We visit every December and have this problem every year. We plan, we book ADR's, we book fastpasses, and then what happens? Disney go and change the opening times/magic hours so our PPO ADR gets cancelled, our meticulous planning to try and make the most of everything in Disney at Christmas has to be changed. Annoying, but we've come to accept that Disney will continue to do this. Occasionally the changes are in our favour so it's not all bad. We just overbook our ADR's and cancel as we go along.

We do not find this a reliable source of opening/closing times. We visit every December and have this problem every year. We plan, we book ADR's, we book fastpasses, and then what happens? Disney go and change the opening times/magic hours so our PPO ADR gets cancelled, our meticulous planning to try and make the most of everything in Disney at Christmas has to be changed. Annoying, but we've come to accept that Disney will continue to do this. Occasionally the changes are in our favour so it's not all bad. We just overbook our ADR's and cancel as we go along.
It has nothing to do with the calendar you're looking at. Disney has changed the whole month of December to 8 a.m. openings the past couple of years, I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter