Park choices for 12/28 - 1/3

ewasilau

Mouseketeer
Hi -

Hoping to get a little bit of feedback and a few questions answered. I know this is a busy time at WDW, but it's the only time I can take my 3 teens when they are all out of school (one college, two high school) and we need a holiday celebration after a rough year. We are tempering our expectations and don't expect to do it all, but we do want to have a great time (and we plan to use Genie+ etc and park hop). We're staying at CBR so will use skyliner when we can.

Here's a tentative plan:
12/28 (arrival day so only afternoon/evening in park) - HS (I can buy Genie+ and then use it to reserve some evening rides while we travel, right?)
12/29 - EP (with candlelight dining reservations at Spice Road if we can get it - worth it?)
12/30 - MK
12/31 - EP
1/1 - MK
1/2 - AK
1/3 - HS

We fly home on 1/4.

Another possibility on 12/29 - reserving AK and then planning to hop to EP for evening. (In which case we would probably turn 1/2 into another EP day). But is there a chance that we'd get shut out of hopping to EP on that night?

Which dates do we risk getting shut out of hopping because of full park reservations? I think that's my main concern as we like to hop and I want to make a dining reservation each day, usually for an off-ish time, like 4 or 5 pm, so we can take advantage of evening rides/shows.

I saw a thread on the best park for NYE and I am leaning towards Epcot. Bigger park, might feel less crazy, and possibly easier to get back to our resort from. However, I'd also like to know what it might be like at say, HS, for NYE if everyone is going to EP and MK. If we decide that a crazy NYE scene is too much for us, do you think HS would be closed to hopping?

Thank you for any and all input!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter