• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Bag Question

milza26

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone,

I am looking to go to US/IA for the first time. We have always done WDW and carried a backpack over there. Can you do that in US/IA or is it better to carry a fanny pack? I don't have the option not to bring a bag because we have to carry an epi-pen due to my DS food allergies. Any suggestions would be great! TIA

The last time we were at Universal, you could carry a back pack. That was a few years ago though.

We just did the parks for the first time and like you have to carry epi pens. We brought a back pack and it fit in the lockers just fine. The lockers are not huge so we did have to shove it in a few times. Have fun!

You can absolutely carry a backpack - the only difference is that on many rides, you will have to stow it in a locker rather than carry it on the ride with you. Most of these lockers are provided free of charge, some do have a small fee. I am often the designated backpack-watcher as I don't do the roller coasters! :)

For the rides that you have to store your bag, there is no fee. Completely free for the length of your ride (of course f you wander off for a few hours, doing othr things, then there's a fee.)

The only pay lockers I know of are the all day (larger) lockers near the front of the park, and the lockers near the water rides. (I know those were $5, we stash our bags in one, hit all three water rides & then pick up our stuff :) )

PP is correct - if you are required to store a bag for the ride, the lockers will be free for the duration you are on the ride. The lockers at the water rides are optional, which is why there is a fee.

OP, you mentioned a fanny pack. If it has a three prong clasp, that can still be worn on the rides that require bags to be stored in a locker. The exception to that are the rides with metal detectors - Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit, and Dragon Challenge. You can't have anything on your person or in your pockets for those rides, so even fanny packs must be stored in lockers for those three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter