• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parent Swap Rides.....

Disney_bound2010

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have the info at each parks rides and who does the "parent swap" or do all of them do? If anyone has any info that can help me please send my way....

Thanks
:wizard:

1- Does anyone have the info at each parks rides and who does the "parent swap" or

2- do all of them do?

3- If anyone has any info that can help me please send my way....

1- Any attractions with a height restriction and FastPass.

2- MOST attractions at WDW do not have a height restriction.
Here are some links to the ones that DO have a height restriction-

http://allearsnet.com/tp/rr.htm

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm (enter 2 inches to get ALL restrictions)

3- http://www.oinc.net/disney/fastpass.php#RiderSwitch

I believe most of them do it if your younger one can not go on the ride.

We used this feature for the bigger rides last year. All you need to do is go up to the CM at the entrance of the ride. Tell her you are doing the rider swap and she will give you a ticket to use in the FP lane after your DH/DW has returned from waiting in the regular line. The nice feature about the rider swap is you can take upto 3 people with you.

HTH

All the rides can do rider swap. We did this last year and it worked out great for us. They will want to see your little one that can't ride the ride just to make sure that you do in fact need the rider swap. It's real easy to use!

All the rides can do rider swap. We did this last year and it worked out great for us. They will want to see your little one that can't ride the ride just to make sure that you do in fact need the rider swap. It's real easy to use!

Its only rides the child can't go on because of height restrictions Expedition Everest, Countdown to Ext., Kali, Rock N Roll, Tower of Terror, Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, Space Mt, Splash Mt. and Big Thunder Mt. You can only get them if the child is to small they won't give one if the child is tall enought but just doesn't want to go on the ride.

And the winner of my 6,000 post goes to... :)

Just to avoid any confusion, there are TWO different things that some people refer to as "child swap", "baby swap", etc.

First, there is a formal system in place at most all Fastpass attractions that have a height requirement, called Rider Switch. Follow the link for complete details (and exceptions), but this is what most people will respond with for answers.

Second, at all other attractions, or at the Rider Switch attractions where a child simply chooses not to ride, there MAY be a way to accommodate the situation. However it is different at each attraction because of the different ways loading and unloading are handled which are often in different locations. Ask the greeting CM for what the possibilities are.

Just to avoid any confusion, there are TWO different things that some people refer to as "child swap", "baby swap", etc.

First, there is a formal system in place at most all Fastpass attractions that have a height requirement, called Rider Switch. Follow the link for complete details (and exceptions), but this is what most people will respond with for answers.

Second, at all other attractions, or at the Rider Switch attractions where a child simply chooses not to ride, there MAY be a way to accommodate the situation. However it is different at each attraction because of the different ways loading and unloading are handled which are often in different locations. Ask the greeting CM for what the possibilities are.

I can second this last comment. My DS2 decided for some reason that he did not want to ride Buzz and he was visibly upset. The cast member at the FP return actually wrote a couple letters on my FP and allowed us to treat it like a child swap and my DD4 rode twice:)

Sorry, but it says post 6,006 for that posting! ;)

Ack, never mind! Now it says 6,007 posts. I guess the system keeps updating the number on all prior posts.

Sorry, but it says post 6,006 for this posting! ;)

It WAS my 6,000th post. But the number under your name is always the total number of posts. So now it says 6,008. Until I post again. :)

:thumbsup2Glad you cleared that up when you said this was your 6000 post i thought you were being sarcastic about people asking the same question, i usually try to look up answers before I post questions but when i have a 1 yr old that is very NEEDY its kind of hard, oh and a busy 4 yr old into everything!~

It WAS my 6,000th post. But the number under your name is always the total number of posts. So now it says 6,008. Until I post again. :)

:thumbsup2 In addition to rides that have a height requirement, you CAN do a Rider Switch for rides like POTC and HM that sometimes children freak out at the last moment. Ask a CM for the ride's procedure on switching. (It varies between Cast Members.) :wizard:

:goodvibes Jennifer

I believe most of them do it if your younger one can not go on the ride.

We used this feature for the bigger rides last year. All you need to do is go up to the CM at the entrance of the ride. Tell her you are doing the rider swap and she will give you a ticket to use in the FP lane after your DH/DW has returned from waiting in the regular line. The nice feature about the rider swap is you can take upto 3 people with you.

HTH
Ok... I want to see if I understand this. My fam consists of myself, wife, son 42 inches and petite daughter 32 inches. If we wanted to do Soarin' we would walk up to the CM and request a swap ticket. My wife could then get in line with my son while my daughter and I went somewhere else. After they exit the ride I could then meet up with my wife and son and then get in line with my son going again? Is that kinda how it works? Also does that swap have to be used immediately or can we come back and ride it at a later time? Thanks again all! This sounds like it'll be great for fans with little ones!

Ok... I want to see if I understand this. My fam consists of myself, wife, son 42 inches and petite daughter 32 inches. If we wanted to do Soarin' we would walk up to the CM and request a swap ticket. My wife could then get in line with my son while my daughter and I went somewhere else. After they exit the ride I could then meet up with my wife and son and then get in line with my son going again? Is that kinda how it works? Also does that swap have to be used immediately or can we come back and ride it at a later time? Thanks again all! This sounds like it'll be great for fans with little ones!

You've got it...and you can use it any time that day, it does not need to be immediate.

And when you use the Rider Switch ticket, you use the Fastpass line the second time so the additional wait is minimal.

August 2009, they didn't let us do it with HM, we said it was too scary for our 5yo DD and they said no it's not...I was soooo mad, not because we couldn't do the switch (it was pretty quiet so not too long of a line), but because of the argument that it wasn't too scary!! What makes him an expert on MY 5 yo?

Okay, rant over, just wanted to let you know that they wouldn't accommodate at HM last summer.

August 2009, they didn't let us do it with HM, we said it was too scary for our 5yo DD and they said no it's not...I was soooo mad, not because we couldn't do the switch (it was pretty quiet so not too long of a line), but because of the argument that it wasn't too scary!! What makes him an expert on MY 5 yo?

Okay, rant over, just wanted to let you know that they wouldn't accommodate at HM last summer.

Rider switch is only intended for children who are not tall enough to ride. It is not intended for children who are scared. There is just too much potential for abuse.

Rider switch is only intended for children who are not tall enough to ride. It is not intended for children who are scared. There is just too much potential for abuse.

There are sometimes other alternatives available. Rider Switch passes are not available at HM at all, since there is no Fastpass - and they are usually only given out for height reasons. But rider swaps CAN be done at HM - it is HIGHLY dependent on the CMs working at the time. Each attraction loads and unloads differently and it needs to be coordinated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter