parasailing on castaway cay

lemonears6

DIS Veteran
This year will be our first disney cruise. Is November a good time for parasailing?
Our 10 year old would love to do it but our younger 3 can't. My husband and I would like to do this with her, is there a kids club on the island so the younger 3 could do that while my DH and I do this with our 10 year old or would only one of us be able to do parasailing with her??

There is a kids club on CC. Parasailing check in is just off the ship and the kids club is about a 10 minute walk onto the Island.
My daughter and her boyfriend parasailed on CC about 2 weeks ago. Weather was perfect and they loved it.
No chance you would get me up there.

The reason for Para-sailing to be cancelled is mostly due to weather (winds included).

Same rules for Scuttles Cove on CC as for the Oceaneers Club / Lab on the ship. If your child needs to be in Flounders / Small World / Nursery on the ship ... there is NOT that service on the island (I think)

Finally, the best way to describe para-sailing is QUIET. Surprisingly enough it is NOT a thrill ride - unless you are afraid of heights, then "thrill" might be replaced with "terrifying"

My other 3 will be 5,7,9. My 9 year old is old enough but scared of heights so she will not be doing it. My 7 year old wants to but not old enough! ( he would be 2 months shy of 8 but he is also very tiny for his age so I'm not pushing it)
My 10 year old will be almost 11. She would love it.
It will probably be just 1 parent "DH or I" and her then. :)

One suggestion of you really want to do it book it early in the day. My DD and I did this excursion in Nov. Our appt time was noon. All other parasailing times after ours were cancelled due to high winds. As stated before it is not a thrill ride, very quiet and peaceful. But I did get some great pictures

My DH and 2 DS's did it on a November 6th 2014. Our previous booking in 2013 was cancelled due to wind. They all loved it but felt it was very short for the money. Not sure if you noticed there is a 90 lb minimum weight requirement

My DH and 2 DS's did it on a November 6th 2014. Our previous booking in 2013 was cancelled due to wind. They all loved it but felt it was very short for the money. Not sure if you noticed there is a 90 lb minimum weight requirement
I think they'd be ok on the weight minimum if the DH went up with the 10 year old. We were on the same cruise 11/6 was when we went up too.

I just did parasailing @ Castaway Cay on December 18th and the weather was perfect and the experience was so awesome!! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

My wife and I had a great time parasailing in February 2014, but our kids (8 and 10) HATED the kids club on the island. They are usually very easy to please, but this kids club seems to cater only to very young kids, and older kids were forced to participate in group activities that were way below their age level. They were so relieved when we picked them up!

If my DH and DD did this and it was cancelled due to weather would they get a refund?

Yes, you will get a refund. My DH was supposed to do it and it was too windy. The final bill clearly charges us for it and then a refund was added on the bill.

My then 10 year old was board at the beach, so he wanted to go to the club after lunch. He wasn't a fan (he wanted computers ;)) but he was def ok for an hour.

The 90 pound minimum weight is a combined weight if going tandem. I went up with my then 8 year old son who only weighed 50 lbs. We loved it.

Yes, you will get a refund. My DH was supposed to do it and it was too windy. The final bill clearly charges us for it and then a refund was added on the bill. My then 10 year old was board at the beach, so he wanted to go to the club after lunch. He wasn't a fan (he wanted computers ;)) but he was def ok for an hour.
Last year when we went the kids club on ship was NOT open for our kids to stay while at CC, it was like open house. This was a problem for us because we picked them up from the kids club on the island and headed to the ship to drop them off on ship because we had a mixology class scheduled, well when we got there they said the kids couldn't stay and I had to bring them back to CC. It was really annoying running around and wished I knew that sooner. Our parasailing was also canceled that day due to wind:( on the up side our family won the crab race that day!

Last year when we went the kids club on ship was NOT open for our kids to stay while at CC, it was like open house. This was a problem for us because we picked them up from the kids club on the island and headed to the ship to drop them off on ship because we had a mixology class scheduled, well when we got there they said the kids couldn't stay and I had to bring them back to CC. It was really annoying running around and wished I knew that sooner. Our parasailing was also canceled that day due to wind:( on the up side our family won the crab race that day!
I am sorry I wasn't clear. I was thinking of the club on the Island. The clubs on the ships are never open when docked at Castaway Cay. The only exception is the nursery that always remains on the ship.

My other 3 will be 5,7,9. My 9 year old is old enough but scared of heights so she will not be doing it. My 7 year old wants to but not old enough! ( he would be 2 months shy of 8 but he is also very tiny for his age so I'm not pushing it)
My 10 year old will be almost 11. She would love it.
It will probably be just 1 parent "DH or I" and her then. :)

Your younger three kids can be dropped off at Scuttles Cove on the island, allowing both parents and the 10-yr-old to parasail. Scuttles Cove has "water play" but does not include any swimming or ocean access, just so you can prepare the younger ones for their activity.

Enjoy your cruise!

This is probably a stupid question but when you parasail are you in the open ocean? My DH would love to parasail but last time wouldn't snorkel because it was in open waters.

This is probably a stupid question but when you parasail are you in the open ocean? My DH would love to parasail but last time wouldn't snorkel because it was in open waters.

Yes, but you are not in the water. You take off and land on a small boat. I have heard that sometimes they will bring you down and dunk your feet in the water but they did not do that with us.

Yes, but you are not in the water. You take off and land on a small boat. I have heard that sometimes they will bring you down and dunk your feet in the water but they did not do that with us.

Oh good. I would think you would land (full body) in the water. They must be good to have you land on the boat. Thanks!! Is there anyone to take pics of you while your doing it? Great opportunity for DCL to sell some pics.

Oh good. I would think you would land (full body) in the water. They must be good to have you land on the boat. Thanks!! Is there anyone to take pics of you while your doing it? Great opportunity for DCL to sell some pics.

They did not have anyone from Shutters on the boat. We are a family of 4 and I took pictures when my one son and husband went up and vice versa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter