• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parasailing on Castaway Cay question

tiffinymunn

We LOVE Disney Cruises!!!
DH and I have a 6 year old son. WE both want to parasail, but our son does not meet the weight requirement. Are there several trips out to parasail so we can split up? DH will go first while DS and I wait and then vise versa... Has anyone else had this dilemma? Suggestions?

My son is a definite thrill seeker and will want to watch... Do you know if he can go on the boat with us and watch?

I don't believe they will allow anyone who isn't booked on the excursion to tag along on the boat.

From DCL's website:

•All Guests must have a paying ticket and no ride-along Guests are permitted.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/castaway-cay/parasailing/

Here is a past thread confirming this.

http://www.disboards.com/archive/index.php/t-2892736.html

how much does he weigh?? my 9YO daughter, who's as skinny as a pencil, went parasailing with me at CC last year....there was a girl even smaller than her who went up with her mother.....wouldn't they bypass the weight of one person if you go up in couples??

I looked it up and there is a minimum age requirement of 8 yo so the weight is not an issue but age would be. You will just have to go back when he is 8!

As long as they meet the age requirement you would be good. I went up with my 50 lb. 8 year old last year. We loved it.

From what I read the minimum weight was 90lbs and he only weighs 45, but I didn't think about just having him go with one of us! I thought that meant you had to be at least 90lbs to participate. I'm thankful for all the insight!:)

I can confirm that there are no spectators allowed. There really isn't a lot of room on the boat and every one is moving and shifting seats as each person goes up, so a spectator would be in the way of the process.

We were in the same position a month ago. Our 6 year old was thinking of going up with one of us but in the end couldn't due to a) age and b) only those parasailing can go out on the boat. My husband went on his own (I've already parasailed).

If there are 2 time slots available, you can each book one but if there is only one, your son will have to go to the kids club at Castaway.

On ours there were multiple time slots so I doubt it would be hard to get 2 different times. Also, you can ask the people at the dock if he can go along and/or ride. I know the age requirement is 8 but it wouldn't hurt to ask and they may let him go if there's an open slot. The parasailing doesn't appear to be run by Disney even though it's on their island. The people running it seemed pretty laid back.

I have a video of the whole event here if anyone is interested in what it's like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1rQWVg2_f4

(pardon my annoying commentary)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter