Parade Puzzler

Cheshirepotamus

Earning My Ears
I plan to be at DLR 4 days. 3 of which I made dinner reservations which is parade time...sorry WDW vet here and not used to parades during dinnertime. Which is it more likely to make: a 5:15 Pixar parade and hike over to dinner at 5:40 at Cafe Orleans or 5:15 Pixar with dinner at 5:45 at Storytellers? I can't imagine seeing both parades on the day of no dinner reservations. I'm also not sure what direction the parade travels (at either park for that matter) so I'd appreciate guidance on that too. Thanks!

Storytellers. You can exit from DCA into GCH. If you hop to DL you'll have to go through the turnstiles, which many people will be doing to catch the second parade. You'll also have to pass through parade crowds to get to Cafe Orleans. It's totally doable, but why not do it the easier way.

Actually, I don't think it's doable either way. The parade starts at 5:15, meaning the first float enters the parade route at that time. I've never timed the parade, but it certainly feels like it takes more than 15 minutes for the whole thing to pass any given point. So even if you watched it right from the starting point you'd be heading out of DCA at 5:40 and you simply cannot get to Cafe Orleans in 10 minutes. You'll be lucky to be in the turnstiles of DL that fast.

To get to Storyteller's quickly you'd watch to watch the parade from the junction right in front of The Little Mermaid. The parade doesn't get there for a good 15 minutes, so to watch it and then leave puts you already at your reservation time.

Either way, you'll be sitting there looking at your watch and stressing about missing dinner rather than enjoying the parade. I suggest simply changing the dinner times, making them a wee bit later.

To get to Storyteller's quickly you'd watch to watch the parade from the junction right in front of The Little Mermaid. The parade doesn't get there for a good 15 minutes, so to watch it and then leave puts you already at your reservation time.

Each time we have seen the parade, it has come from Hollywood Land.
If you watch in front of "Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe", once it's complete or if your time runs out, your close to Storyteller's Cafe.

Check the maps out and you'll see how to get to Storyteller's from Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe area.

geemo

Definitely Storytellers, and I dont think it will matter if you are a little late. use the Grand Californian DCA exit by grizzly river, it is right by there (turn right at the end of the tunnel and it is just ahead to the left)

Each time we have seen the parade, it has come from Hollywood Land. If you watch in front of "Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe", once it's complete or if your time runs out, your close to Storyteller's Cafe. Check the maps out and you'll see how to get to Storyteller's from Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe area. geemo
I agree with Geemo. The better spot to watch from would be the FF&P area then right over to the DCA entrance/exit (which in turn is right by Storytellers.). I think this is tight but doable. That said, I'm wondering if you're in WDW mode as far as dining reservations. I don't think dinner at Storyteller is a huge demand thing. Can you just bump the reservation to 6pm to be totally safe? I think the other option (Cafe Orleans) is definitely not doable unless you change the reservation time significantly.

As far as parade direction, in DCA it starts in Hollywoodland as mentioned. For DL, if there are two parades, the first one goes IASW to Town Square and the second goes reverse (Town Square to IASW. If there is only one parade, it goes IASW to Town Square.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I say change dinner time and eat where you want and watch the Parade with out stress.

Thanks! I think pharmama was right. I'm just so used to HAVING to make reservations in WDW for fear of not eating at your top choices. Simple solution :)

If you're going to do Cafe Orleans after the Pixar parade, I would shoot for 6:30 to give you extra cushion. 6:00 should be fine for Storytellers.

Thankfully, dining reservations are much easier to make at Disneyland.

Thanks! I think pharmama was right. I'm just so used to HAVING to make reservations in WDW for fear of not eating at your top choices. Simple solution :)

If you eat at Carthay Circle and the timing is right (I think we made ours at 5:00 but didn't get seated until a little after), you can ask your server if you can take your drinks out to the upper balcony and watch the parade from there. The performers know that people watch from up there and look up and wave all the time!

Why not just change your reservation time?

This. If you want to see the Parade, I would move your dinner reservations (6:15p - 6:30p). We don't make many dinning reservations because we like to stop to each when we are hungry, not when it is "time" to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter