• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Panic is setting in

Tynk13x

It's a Disney thing, you wouldn't understand!
:eek:I am usually an avid planner. I have charts and graphs. I know all the park hours, shows, parades, fireworks. I know the Ug parks to visit and avoid. This is our 3rd trip this year, and our 7th in the last 4 years. I wanted to go about this all laid back, go with the flow... 2 days from departure, and I feel like I am forgetting everything. We have our room, our ADR's, even a short hand version of hours, but there has to be something else. I know the trip will be fine, but I have to say, no more non planning.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I completely understand your anxiety. Not sure it'll make you feel any better, but I successfully made the switch from super detailed planner, to go with the flow. I LOVE go with the flow -- and really didn't that think I would. (It did take some deep breathing the first time, maybe two times :rotfl::rotfl:).

I'm still neurotic about reading the Times Chart from the resort, and I do an on property walk around once checked in to see pool times and check out the food choices (usually no surprises). I still grab and read time charts at each park, and I can be found on the bus studying up on the choices.

We usually do a "what's everyone feel like for tommorrow" and then pick a default plan -- but subject to change with what seems most fun at the time. We've had great luck, and lots of fun, exploring "last minute" (which is really more simply-not-entirely planned) attractions or food choices.

Have a fantastic trip and let us know how the new mode feels.

Deep breaths. Breathe.
Relax, and remember... Even if you wind up standing in line for half the day, it beats the holy heck out of being at work.
Put together your packing list, and get your bags packed.

uh...if you've already been 3 times this year, you're a pro. Don't sweat it!

Make this your trip for relaxation. Try it, you might like it!

Thanks all. I know we'll have a good time, it's just different with no plans.

I stopped to plan on my 4th trip, I simply did not have time to plan, was extremely busy at work and booked our trip 2 weeks in advance.
It felt weird not to plan everything including bathroom breaks, not to know in advance which park we will do next day and so on. However it was the first trip we did not come home tired and I liked that. Ever since we go with a flow. I do not even do ADRs anymore, we get reservation on the same day or just walk in, true sometimes we cannot get the restaurant we want like last trip CG was overbooked, but we always have a back up plan, we did Ohana instead and loved it even more then CG.

Relax, take it easy, everything will be fine hahahahahaha! You are going on vacation, no time for all this tress you are causing yourself. You know the parks and resorts inside an out, so hakuna matata and enjoy. I must say, that I would consider myself a moderate planner, and I am both envious and not envious of you guys who plan it all the way to bathroom breaks. I am envious because you guys probably get to see an do more, but I am not envious about all the stress and panic you bring on yourselves. One thing is for sure, you guys help me out a ton and I appreciate all of you!!!!

RElax, doing it this way is a healthy exercise for you. Really, it will be fine. Have fun!

We've gone many times without even ADR's, and still had great visits!

You know, it's really all Disney's fault. Use to be all you had to do was drive to Orlando, find a room, and head to the parks. If you wanted to eat somewhere special, you'd make the ressie at the park. But restaurants were rarely more than half full, so it wasn't necessary. So dining plans were born, and with them ADRs.Also the drowds grew. So we started planning our dining, and hand in hand with that, what park on what day. Then we just got nuts about planning. Gotta get to Dumbo first thing, then run to Space Mountain. Then came fastpasses, and we needed a strategy for them. So, after Dumbed, go by Peter Pan and get a fp, then head to whicheverland and get in line for one ride, then, when your window is open, get another fp. It sort of snowballed. Now if you don't have some huge book with details of the day, you don't feel ready.
Now I try to have my ADRs, cause I loves my food a little too much. I usually don't have an ADR the last day and we play that day by ear. I try to know where I'm heading when we get in the park, and I like to have an exit strategy, but if I wander from land to land the rest of the day, I'll find something I want to do, just like back when.

Its sunny, cause I'm the exact opposite right now. On our last trips, we always went with ADRs, but otherwise no real plan. We just got up, said "I feel like going to this park." and then we just winged it from there.

This year, we decided to plan some more ADRs. With ADRs, we had to plan what parks we wanted to be in on which days. With that we had to have a whole itinerary down, and its driving me nuts! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter