Pandora-world of Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone provide insight on how fastpasses for a new ride get released to the public? We are traveling in June and anticipate scheduling fastpasses (for other rides) at the 60 day mark. Do we just have to keep an eye out for announcements from Disney? Check MDE?

Can anyone provide insight on how fastpasses for a new ride get released to the public? We are traveling in June and anticipate scheduling fastpasses (for other rides) at the 60 day mark.
1. Do we just have to keep an eye out for announcements from Disney?
2. Check MDE?

1. Good.
2. Better.

The FP+ situation can be delayed due to unforeseen issues with getting an attraction open.

Unless they have extensive successful advanced "soft openings,"
I would not expect the FPs to show up very early.

Last edited:
The anticipation is killing me! I guess I'm looking forward to Pandora, the concept art looked beautiful though I wasn't crazy about the movie either(I have been confused from day one why they decided to theme something off of that movie of all things. Why not just do something original?). I already stress about getting FP+ for Everest and Safari, I want to be able to plan FP+ with the new attractions sooner rather than later...

But honestly, I'm WAAAAY more excited about Rivers of Light. I might want to do the dining experience, but I'm afraid it's gonna book up like 7DMT FP+ does. Disney doesn't make anything easy these days. :sad2:

I understand,not sure how "detailed" it will be,that projections will be used with the Floating Mountains at night.:)

I understand,not sure how "detailed" it will be,that projections will be used with the Floating Mountains at night.:)

I saw some pictures of them practicing it. I think it's like they do on the castle, but obviously different images...

I have Tiffins booked for dinner in early June. If Rivers of Light is open, will I be able to make my reservation a package without a problem? It would I have to cancel and start all over?

The projections would be used to enhance the bioluminescence. It's not like they'll put Elsa on the mountain.

That's good news. I was getting a little spooked by rumors that Pandora might be delayed by a year (like ROL!).

Oh no. I hope that isn't true. I hope they learned from ROL as they have been intentionally leaking info and stating summer 17.

Sounds like it might be best to experience Pandora at night, much like CarsLand in California.

Can anyone provide insight on how fastpasses for a new ride get released to the public? We are traveling in June and anticipate scheduling fastpasses (for other rides) at the 60 day mark. Do we just have to keep an eye out for announcements from Disney? Check MDE?

When 7DMT was opening they announced the "official" opening date around 3 weeks ahead of time. I began to check MDE and I think it was after midnight that day that I was able to book them for the day after "official" opening. They announced nothing about FP+ for it, I just assumed that once we had the opening day that they would open shortly after for that day forward. And they did.

Wasn't Rivers of Light supposed to open in the beginning of 2017?

April 2016

Now ... all they say is ...
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/

When 7DMT was opening they announced the "official" opening date around 3 weeks ahead of time. I began to check MDE and I think it was after midnight that day that I was able to book them for the day after "official" opening. They announced nothing about FP+ for it, I just assumed that once we had the opening day that they would open shortly after for that day forward. And they did.
this is great info. thanks for sharing.

I have Tiffins booked for dinner in early June. If Rivers of Light is open, will I be able to make my reservation a package without a problem? It would I have to cancel and start all over?

You'd have to make a separate reservation. I would try to make the package reservation first. If you get one, then cancel your original Tiffins.

I was in WDW last week and while riding the Express Bus one of the drivers told us that Pandora opening has been pushed back to November because of some glitches. Not sure how she would have known this information but thought I would pass it along. I hope she is wrong as we are hoping to be able to check it out on our trip in September.

I was in WDW last week and while riding the Express Bus one of the drivers told us that Pandora opening has been pushed back to November because of some glitches. Not sure how she would have known this information but thought I would pass it along. I hope she is wrong as we are hoping to be able to check it out on our trip in September.
That would be an absolute disaster if true. I would expect this is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter