• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pandora last minute strategy

Essam

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

My family and I just booked a last minute trip to WDW for 4/11-4/18 and will be visiting AK on 4/16. I was able to secure fastpasses for Dinosaur (11:00am), Kali River Rapids (12:00pm) and Expedition Everest (1:00pm). We are all very excited to see Pandora for the first time. However, as expected, there were no fastpasses available for FOP and Navi River Journey. Does anybody have any advice on the most efficient way to ride both Pandora rides?

Rope drop. Arrive at least an hour early. The line will be huge, but moves decently. We have done this a couple times and have been able to get onto FOP in about 20 mins and then once you're done with that you can go on NRJ.

They often let people in early - I recommend being at the tapstile 90 minutes early. Stay in front and follow the CM’s to Pandora.

Rope drop. Arrive at least an hour early. The line will be huge, but moves decently. We have done this a couple times and have been able to get onto FOP in about 20 mins and then once you're done with that you can go on NRJ.

Thank you for the advice! My only concern is that we have toddlers in our group so I'm worried about any delays we may experience in getting to the park at rope drop...

Rope Drop is best (and you must get there far before actual park opening), followed by just before closing. Afternoon hours are the next best option, but you'll still see 2+ hour wait times, most likely, for FoP.

We were going to rope drop this past week and somehow a FP popped up for FoP for our party of 3 the day before we got to the park! It was a miracle. The parks were just insane last week, too. Far busier than anything I experienced at Christmas. We also got a Navi FP to pop up while at the park after we had used our first 3 FPs. Animal Kingdom was by far the least busy. Epcot was unbearable (not my favorite, anyway) and MK was insane but with so many different attractions we managed to get FP after FP. Didn't wait in one regular line the entire week, the longest being Kali Rapids which still took about 20 minutes even with our FP. Not bad for such a busy week. Just proves it can be done no matter what week of the year or how busy. I felt bad for all the people who clearly had no idea how to use the FP system.

The moral of my story is get on your MDE app at every possible opportunity and refresh to see if a FoP FP pops up. You never know!

We just did the same! Booked a trip at the end of last week and leaving on Thursday. :) I have been checking the app several times a day and did manage to score a NRJ FP, although it is later in the day than I'd like, at least it's something. So, keep checking! :) We are hoping for a shorter wait for FoP if we wait until closer to park close, but that might be tougher with a toddler. Have a great trip!

Wait until the day of and search for fastpasses again - I was able to get FOP and Navi FP's last week (super busy week) on 2 different days. It takes a lot of patience and refreshing but it can happen. We also got in line for FOP at the end of the evening and only waited 90 min, posted time was 195.

Also NRJ had 0 wait at the end of one evening - we walked on twice in a row.

Wait until the day of and search for fastpasses again - I was able to get FOP and Navi FP's last week (super busy week) on 2 different days. It takes a lot of patience and refreshing but it can happen. We also got in line for FOP at the end of the evening and only waited 90 min, posted time was 195.

Also NRJ had 0 wait at the end of one evening - we walked on twice in a row.

I can't imagine thinking only 90 minutes. I've been on FoP once so far, and it was incredible, but I wouldn't wait any longer than 30 minutes for it. FastPass or no go for us! I'm refreshing constantly trying to score one for a morning next May as we'll be in town with APs, if we can get it, we'll go, otherwise we'll wait for another onsite trip.

Matt

I can't imagine thinking only 90 minutes. I've been on FoP once so far, and it was incredible, but I wouldn't wait any longer than 30 minutes for it. FastPass or no go for us! I'm refreshing constantly trying to score one for a morning next May as we'll be in town with APs, if we can get it, we'll go, otherwise we'll wait for another onsite trip.

Matt

Funny thing is I waited and didn't even ride lol, I can't handle those types of rides. I said only since it was better than the 195 minutes posted. My son was dying to ride it so I waited with him. I was able to get him fastpasses on another day which was much easier. He went on 4 times in the 2 days we were at AK so he was happy.

We waited over 2 hours for Toy Story Mania when that first opened to put it into perspective. I'm not one to wait in long lines very often.

If you are staying on property, take advance of EMH. I got to AK at 7:20 for an 8am EMH and had no problem getting on FOP within 20 minutes even though the crowds were large.

They often let people in early - I recommend being at the tapstile 90 minutes early. Stay in front and follow the CM’s to Pandora.

Do this. Find a way. We just got back. Had no fastpass, so we went in 90 mins early. (630, and we were far from first people there) You first wait about 30 mins in ticket area. (lines will form) Then you move to tapstyles for another 30 mins. About 730 they let everyone go to the bridge to Pandora. About 745 they started queuing people for FOP. I was a few hundred people back, but I was on FOP at about 8am, and 812 I exited FOP and checked wait time, which was now 210 mins. Really unbelievable how fast that wait time builds up. You should then be able to go over to NRJ with about 20-30 min wait. Be sure and go back in the evening though just to look at Pandora at night.

Just left 2 days ago - they opened FoP 45min before the park time so be there 90 min before park opening and you should get right on.

We rope dropped Navi another day and if you go right there it is a walk on until about 15 minutes after official opening and then it went to 55 minutes.

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate all of your advice. We are going to do our best to get there 90 min before opening and hope for the best. We are so excited to finally ride FOP.

Get in line 5 minutes before closing. I hear the wait times are overly inflated. I've read reports of people waiting 20-30 minutes.

Get in line 5 minutes before closing. I hear the wait times are overly inflated. I've read reports of people waiting 20-30 minutes.

This was my initial plan but then there is the risk of missing Rivers of Light. I know there's alot of mixed feelings on ROL but this will be our first time seeing it.

On Feb 13th (a Tuesday, no EMH), we got to the park at 8:15 for 9AM opening (that is we were through security and inside the park waiting with the crowd for Pandora at 8:15). The crowds by that time were massive. We did not get on FOP until 10:10. So our total wait time was 1 hour and 55 minutes, even with a pre-park opening arrival. By the time we got off FOP, the Navi wait was 75 minutes. The great thing was, during our long wait for FOP, I was able to score two FOP FP's for that very same day later in the morning. I couldn't believe my luck! I guess the moral is that it never hurts to try, even for same day hard to get FPs.

Based on what I've read, ours may have been an unusually long rope drop wait, but who can say for certain. I'm sure if we had gotten there at 7:30, we would have been on and off FOP by 9:20ish. But that is still an hour and 50 minute wait!! The only advantage is that the wait for Navi is short at 9:20AM. So it just depends on when and how you want to wait. If you want to do both FOP and Navi without a Fast Pass, arriving 90 minutes before park opening would be your best bet as others have shared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter