Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
I really hope everyone's voice is heard but please let me know if you get extra fast passes or something so I can make the extra effort for my vacation in October. By then we might have to pay for every ride we want to go on. :rotfl2:
They would never do that!

Oops ... can you believe the Tiki Room is an E-Ticket!?!

aet891043THUMB.jpg

Lets see we are only into March and we have seen the below fees go up. Meanwhile they still will not give the Cast Members a raise.

• Theme Park Daily Parking
  • Tickets Fees
  • Now charging for Resort Parking

I think DVC prices went up quite a bit too recently including the $$ per point going over $200. I'm sure annual dues will rise as always.

I'm guessing it will be food and beverage that will be priced hiked again next

My first thought was for the people who can't afford anything higher than a Value. This has the most significant impact on them, and could reasonably be the difference when it comes to being able to stay on-site.

Certainly get that angle - the flip side is the concrete isn't any better at the Deluxe's, the cars aren't covered/in the shade so why should it cost more? The rooms at the deluxe's cost more because they are larger, the amenities are nice, better location, etc. but there is no difference to the parking spot

Not saying one side is right and the other is wrong, just two sides to the argument (looks like Disney split the different by having tiering but not varying it all that much)

So for those who have received replies, do you have stock, own DVC, or typically stay at deluxe etc? I've not heard anything.

I got the voicemail and email reply but I'm at work and I'm still pretty angry and I should probably cool down before I call and tell them that they all majorly suck for this blatant cash grab.

It just scares me if they are doing this when half of the parks and areas are under construction whats going to happen when the construction is all done and all these new rides open.

well, the rooms will double in price, they will all be 100% full, and you will have to pay extra if you want to go to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and even if you do it will be a 6 hour wait for each ride

So for those who have received replies, do you have stock, own DVC, or typically stay at deluxe etc? I've not heard anything.

So Bob Chapek’s office just called me, they told me he actually read my email (no idea if he did or didn’t really), but basically I was told they were reaching out to people that had emailed today and that they understood the frustration. I got the line about we’re doing what other resorts are doing.

I told them that Disney used to be the leader and not the follower, and it was frustrating that we spend so much money at their resorts and they still follow other resorts. She was polite, but I didn’t get the impression anything would be done.

So Bob Chapek’s office just called me, they told me he actually read my email (no idea if he did or didn’t really), but basically I was told they were reaching out to people that had emailed today and that they understood the frustration. I got the line about we’re doing what other resorts are doing.

I told them that Disney used to be the leader and not the follower, and it was frustrating that we spend so much money at their resorts and they still follow other resorts. She was polite, but I didn’t get the impression anything would be done.

I am sure they had a meeting about this a few days ago and they all have been prepared for the emails and outcry. Nothing will change until they feel the pain from it.

Certainly get that angle - the flip side is the concrete isn't any better at the Deluxe's, the cars aren't covered/in the shade so why should it cost more? The rooms at the deluxe's cost more because they are larger, the amenities are nice, better location, etc. but there is no difference to the parking spot

Not saying one side is right and the other is wrong, just two sides to the argument (looks like Disney split the different by having tiering but not varying it all that much)

I totally understand that argument, and not to beat a dead horse, but just as an example: I looked up hotels in the Times Square area in New York (my local city). The Marriott Marquis, $297 for the night I'm looking at, has valet parking (hotels in the area with onsite parking are valet only) for $90/night. The Courtyard by Marriott, 6 blocks away (further from 'the action'), $195/night, charges $52/night for valet. My point is, with so many arguing that charging for parking is perfectly normal, fees do vary based on the quality of the hotel and its location. The experience your car is getting? Is exactly the same. If you're going to argue that charging for parking is standard practice, you can't also expect hotels of different classes to pay the same rates for said parking.

(ETA info)

I'm going with the under on that one:rolleyes:. But I'm sure they think it sounds better to say that. I don't care if he read my email or not but I hope that if enough people in his department get responses they start to realize we are paying attention.

Keep up sending emails. I sent out emails this morning to the addresses listed in this thread expressing my displeasure, and I just got a call back from Bob Chapek’s office. Of course, they didn’t say they were changing anything, and they said they were doing it largely because it’s becoming the norm at other resorts - but they also said that they had been deluged with customer response and taking a close look at what was coming in. Anyway, we’re getting their attention. Get louder.
For years I have dreamed of retiring to the Orlando area so I can visit fun, nice restaurants and beautiful resorts daily. That will not happen with a parking fee at every resort. I will have to set my sights (and my funds) on a new dream.

Mr. Chapek, I have fallen in love with Disney specifically BECAUSE it is not like other places. You seem to be working hard to make it exactly like every other place. Why on earth would you do that? Set it apart from others. Don’t follow others’ lead.

My Disney dream is dying before my eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter