Packing Items - What strange/helpful items do you pack???

Bring a BABY SPOON! It's sometimes hard to find spoons in the park restaurants, and even if you do they're huge.

I've been putting together a "tinkerbell" bag for DS. Someone suggested buying little surprises ahead of time and if your child doesn't want to go back to the room you can tell them that they need to see what Tinkerbell left them. I made DS a tote bag with a Disney iron on. I've picked up items at the Dollar Tree and at Walmart such as a Buzz Lightyear pez dispensor (WalMart), Disney Straws, Disney Puzzle, Disney paddle ball, etc. - all from the Dollar Tree. Each day I will put one of the prizes in the bag so DS will have a surprise waiting on him. Plus having all the Disney gifts will hopefully alleviate buying a lot of expensive stuff in the parks. I have a weeks worth of stuff and including the bag have spent about $10 total.

My DD2 chunks her cup when it's empty too. I always put her cup on a tether so she can't throw it on the ground. I got a set of mitten clips, the ones you attach their mittens to their coat, and attach one end to her blankie and the other end to the strap of the stroller. That way she can't toss it over the side. I also use it on blankie in the van so she can't drop it, always on the opposite side of the van. Makes the ride a lot easier. Now if I can only come up with a way to attach her shoes. LOL She loves to take them off and chunk them. I'm always searching the car or the aisle at the store looking for them. I swear she's going to be a softball player. That girl can throw.

Duct tape is great for everything from fixing a hem to covering outlets to keep little hands away from them. We hardly go anywhere without it!

Another interesting/ crazy idea from the Fine Living Network channel.

Instead of packing large bottles of shampoo & conditioner, pour the contents into a ziploc bag. When you get to your destination, either snip the corner of the bag and squeeze out like an icing tube, or simply scoop out what you need. At the end of the trip, you can discard the bags. If I used this tip, I'd probably pack quart sized bags with shampoo & conditioner inside a gallon size ziploc bag for added leak protection.

I think this would be messy. I bought the little plastic bottles at the Dollar store for mine and put that inside a good-quality zip-loc bag. When I get home I can just wash them out and put them away for our next trip.

portable dvd/tv.its a godsend for flights and even can be hooked up to the tv in your hotel room.

insurance cards (sorry the nurse is always the downer), glow sticks from the dollar store, door &/or window decorations (lime green Mickey heads, anyone?):lmao:

Thanks again - I went today to the Dollar Tree near me and no shoe organizer :( Everyone raves so much about this - I have to hit a few more dollar stores around and see if I can find one. Thanks all!

I located one on the shower supplies isle at my Dollar Tree. Kind of a weird spot...if not Walmart has them for a few dollars more.

Another "strangely helpful" item - petroleum jelly (Vaseline) or baby oil gel. Besides the obvious diaper rash protection, Vaseline can be very useful:-

• DH gets problems with his legs rubbing when he does a lot of walking - Vaseline helps to reduce the friction
  • A race-walker once told me to use Vaseline between toes etc, also to reduce friction on extended walks
  • To sooth dry lips after lots of sun and hotel air-conditioning
  • Weirdest of all - we've used it on a stroller wheel that was squeaky and sticking. We used baby oil gel on the wheel because that was the only lubricant at our disposal. Never had a problem with that wheel again!

I knew about the ziploc bags...they will be a lifesaver for my crew of kiddos! No rummaging around in the suitcases for their clothes.

And idea I was given if you are driving: Have a back pack or duffel easily available with a change of clothes for each person (for a stop-over) and any other necessary items. That way, no digging through luggage, especially if it's in a roof rack storage box.

I love the take and toss package....great idea! My ds is a tosser too!:)

I always pack saline nasal spray....while it's humid outside, those hotel rooms are sooooo dry!

A Stroller Fan Is A Must!!!!

You Can Get Them On Ebay! Search "Fantastik Fans"!!!

Have Fun!

Heatheranne :) :) :)

insurance cards (sorry the nurse is always the downer), glow sticks from the dollar store, door &/or window decorations (lime green Mickey heads, anyone?):lmao:

Well, im not a nurse and I keep one of our insurance cards and a business card from each of our doctor's office that has all their info on them and store them in those plastic wallet picture things and stick this in my wallet for daily reference and when we travel I put this in whatever travel/diaper bag we are using, just in case! The worst "injury" we have had traveling is a splinter at WDW and sunburn at the beach but hey! Im prepared:thumbsup2

With DH being diabetic and 4 kids who are rambunctious anything is possible.

-One of those mesh pop-up hampers. Essential if you'll be doing laundry. But great even if you are not. At least everyone knows where to throw their dirty clothes and mom can figure out where to pack it later....
-wipes -baby or hand wipes, even if u don't have a baby. Great for cleaning sticky hands, wiping dirty tables, etc
-ziplocs as stated by many...great...got that idea here
-pack your swim stuff in your carry-on if you plan to swim when you arrive and are taking the ME!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter