Packing food for WDW to save $$

I thought I heard recently that the resorts are now selling cases of Dasani for $6. Has anyone else heard this or, better yet, seen it firsthand? Trying to decide if I should order water separately.
Last week I believe they were roughly 6 to 7 for a case in the Carribean Beach Resort. I didn't look at POR while I was there. If you want water and beer cheap hit one of the Hess/Speedways in Park. There is one across from MK and one beside Boardwalk and one across from Marketplace. Water, beer and soda is all very reasonable in them as is milk and juice and eggs.

We packed single cup coffee maker, oatmeal cups, bagels, peanut butter, jelly, bread and snack foods. So nice to have these things in the room with us, made mornings much more relaxing, coffee in the room and bagels to eat on the bus on the way to the park.

Be warned that eating on the buses is against the rules. You may bet away with doing so, but you may have a bus driver that follows the rules and won't allow you on the bus until you finish or throw out your food. I have seen that happen before. Not to mention, the bus driver is the one who has to keep the bus clean, so any messes delay the bus making its route.

There are only 2 of us and we will only be there for three nights so I am certain I can manage to pack things in a checked bag but if we were staying a while this would be a good option.

These ideas are awesome!!! Thanks everyone. I love the idea of baking muffins and freezing them and then packing them up in a shoe box! I think I will also do cereal with bowls and plastic spoons for me to eat breakfast. Does anyone know how much an individual milk is in the food court? If it's cheap enough I'll just grab a few when we arrive and put them in the room fridge. If not, I can pack some of the individual silk's.

As for snacks in the park, how do you keep crackers from getting crunched up? That's what I am most concerned about. Or what are some snacks that are more resilient, aside from nuts (which DH doesn't really eat).

What about soda? Is it feasible to back the individual plastic bottles in a checked bag?
I pack 24 oz bottles of Diet Dew on almost every trip to Disney I take. Since it is a Pepsi free zone and I need my Dew I pack my own. Never had ANY problems ever. I do put it inside of a ziplock bag just in case.

I thought I heard recently that the resorts are now selling cases of Dasani for $6. Has anyone else heard this or, better yet, seen it firsthand? Trying to decide if I should order water separately.
Cases of water are at least double that price...when they are selling a single bottle of water for approximately $2.50 , they aren't going to sell a case for $6. ;)
I believe the cases were more like $15.

Be warned that eating on the buses is against the rules. You may bet away with doing so, but you may have a bus driver that follows the rules and won't allow you on the bus until you finish or throw out your food. I have seen that happen before. Not to mention, the bus driver is the one who has to keep the bus clean, so any messes delay the bus making its route.
It is against the rules to consume food or beverages while on the resort bus system (you can carry food or beverages as long as they are in appropriate enclosed containers), it is not against the rules for ME.

Eating is not allowed on the Magical Express buses.
Yes it is....
I carry on food and a beverage every trip. I refuse to argue this. A driver may not want to allow it, but Mears does not have an issue with it and ultimately they OWN the buses and they PAY the driver's salary so they make the rules, not the driver.

Last edited:
Yes it is....
I carry on food and a beverage every trip. I refuse to argue this. A driver may not want to allow it, but Mears does not have an issue with it and ultimately they OWN the buses and they PAY the driver's salary so they make the rules, not the driver.

Yep. And there are signs on every bus stating food and drink is not allowed. You may get away with breaking that rule, but it is a rule. And you always run the risk of a driver not allowing you to board the bus with your food.

Fwiw:http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=45&cid=71&qid=137732

Last edited:
When DS10 was little we would pack snacks for him along with diapers, wipes, etc. and ship them ahead of time. Now we pack snacks to eat on the plane and at the airport (DH has gluten issues so it's sometimes hard to find safe foods for him at airports) and order from Garden Grocer. We also order our cases of water from Staples because I get free shipping as a Teacher Rewards member. Another snack item we pack is dried fruit-raisins, apricots and pineapple usually.

Thanks for posting this! I like shipping a Prime Pantry box down ahead of time (cereal, snacks, etc). We are going to Disney in May and this saved us $6!

I'm staying off site in a condo in a gated community. Anyone know if I can get shipments sent there?

Earlier this month I ordered a case of water and pop, pringles and pop tarts from Amazon Prime Pantry and had it delivered to the resort and shipping was $5.99. My box was waiting at bell services when I arrived.

I'm staying off site in a condo in a gated community. Anyone know if I can get shipments sent there?

I don't see why not if you time your package to arrive while you are there. Otherwise, you may want to ask the people you are renting from about it.

Hi
When I went for a three day vacation, I packed the following, bagels, the tunafish lunch packs (they come with crackers,a mayo pack and a relish pack, I packed apples ( have since packed bananas but that first time was worried.) packed a small jar of peanut butter (worked on bagels and with apples). I packed a small electric kettle for oatmeal(they come already in the container)and cup of soup ( I have since packed microwaveable soup and pasta dinners that do not require refrigeration). I also pack baby carrots that I freeze and bring. I buy containers at the dollar store and don't feel bad if I have to leave them behind.

We always bring food for snacks and meals. I have some allergies, so avoiding too many park foods is good. We also do it to save money to spend on splurges that we will enjoy. I have found the trick for us is to pack things we like and are likely to eat - not saving much money if neither of us are eating the trail mix. You are only there 3 night so you can bring just a little. We have a bag of snacks and each pack a gallon zip lock in our back packs for the day.

Snacks:
Trail mix (fruit, nuts m&ms (organic for me)
bars (granola, protein, fruit and nut, store bought or home made)
chex type mix (you could make this without nuts)
fruit (we bring a few apples or oranges and buy more there)
cereal
fruit chews (with vitamin C)
beef jerky sticks

Park lunches:
Tuna (tuna in foil pouches, mayo packets - pick up next time you buy a sandwich or at the Fish and chips stand in the UK at Epcot, crackers - we bring a collapsible tuirware to mix and serve - but you could walk up to any quick service counter and ask for a bowl or plate)
Justin's nutbutters and somersault snack crackers (could work for you, not him, the nut butters come in foil pouches)
beef jerky sticks

Breakfast
cereal
frozen muffins
frozen baked egg cups (this only works if your trip is short)

For those who ordered Amazon Prime Pantry in the past, how far in advance did you do it? We leave 2 wks from today and I'm not sure when the best time is to order so it's there when we arrive. I opted for the slower shipping speed and have the credit for one box :)

Earlier this month I ordered a case of water and pop, pringles and pop tarts from Amazon Prime Pantry and had it delivered to the resort and shipping was $5.99. My box was waiting at bell services when I arrived.

Do you have to have the box filled at 100% to have the box shipped? I was looking at Amazon pantry but not sure I could fill the box or not?

Have you thought about shipping food down to where you'll be staying?

We were a party of 9, so shipped down breakfast and snack items. Shipping from Walmart was easy and inexpensive (may even be free at times). The packages were waiting for us when we got there and were sent to our rooms upon check-in.

We shipped peanut butter, jelly, cereal, sandwich bags to pack cereal to take with us, granola bars, chocolates, and some other items. We brought with us, in our check luggage, bagels and some other items.

As for carry-on: No liquids or things like peanut butter and jelly. We had a full container of peanut butter left, sealed, and we weren't allowed to take in on the plane. I wish I had known beforehand, as I would have packed it with our checked luggage.

Shipiing from Walmart!! BRILLIANT!! I was just going to buy the stuff at the store, pack it and ship it myself to the hotel. Thank you!! And yes orders over $50 offer free shipping! Thanks for this money saver :)

Why ship stuff from home I always hit Walmart or target or Costco when I get to Orlando or anahiem

We always pack granola bars, chex mix, pringles, dried fruit, GUM!!!!, and other snacky foods that are easily packed into our park bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter