Packed & Moved..Disboutiquers Part 6 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris,

I love strasburg! I haven't taken ds yet but I was planning to in the next couple of months. Roseanna loves it and also the miniture train museum. It has a HUGE display complete with mini hershey park. The hands on house is another great place, our moms group goes there alot. Roseanna and Russell both went to dutch wonderland last year and loved it and Roseanna has been bugging to go again. Let me know if you need a shopping patner, I would love to meet a fellow diser!

We'll have to keep in touch, it would be great to meet another diser!

Linette, I love the covers you made for your sofas! They are awesome and you can't beat the price. I can't wait to see the curtains.

(I forgot to hit send so I'm sure I've got plenty to catch up on today, now. I'll do that before posting more.)

My last dog did this when she was a puppy when she was jealous or feeling lonely. I had to keep her crated when I wasn't home, sleeping, or not watching her. She did outgrow it at about 1yr old, she was a black lab.
Lucky! Josie didn't outgrow that behavior until she was 2- ugh! I can't tell you how many time I considered getting rid of her until I just started keeping her in the crate when I couldn't watch her. Now she's a great dog!

ROCKY UPDATE.

Please keep saying those prayers for him! DH just called the vet and he is doing better. no more runs but he won't eat bt they said that is to be expected. This has taken a lot out of him since he is so old (10 and a 100lbs dog so that is old) So if he continues to improve and he can keep stuff down we might be able to take him home tomorrow or monday!!!!!! I am not getting to excited yet because I am too scared to loose him still...

Thank you again for the support. So please go hug and kiss your pupkids for me. I have been all over my daisy mae since Rocky has been at the vet.
:hug: I know how hard it is to think you might lose a beloved pet. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

I've been reading for a bit and you have all inspired me to try several things for my girls for our September trip.

I have a question for those of you who used ribbon for ties for sundresses.
How did you finish or treat the end of the ribbon so it wouldn't fray? My daughter wanted ribbon for a tie for her shirred sundress I made, but the ribbon frayed on its first test wear.

Any advice?

Thanks all
Julie

:welcome:!! I would just try using a lighter on a scarp piece of ribbon. I just run it over the ends real quick. They melt and they don't fray!

sohappy: Those pictures of Jackson and Cooper are GORGEOUS!! They are so artistic and adorable!

I haven't been sewing much lately (although I NEED to be working on a nursery set for a friend). I'm trying to get last November's Disney World trip scrapped. DD2 is trying to keep me in the Disney spirit today apparently. For the last hour she's been running around saying "I need my boppity boo!" Meaning - "Mommy, where's my magic wand?" I'd like to 'boppity boo' this page I'm working on, it's giving me fits.

I finally finished the Cindy outfit!!!!

DSCF0039.jpg

I left the pupils on the appilque small b/c I couldn't get them to look right big!

I've been reading for a bit and you have all inspired me to try several things for my girls for our September trip.

How did you finish or treat the end of the ribbon so it wouldn't fray? My daughter wanted ribbon for a tie for her shirred sundress I made, but the ribbon frayed on its first test wear.

Any advice?

Thanks all
Julie

Clear nail polish also works in a bind...this is one of my "dance mom" tricks!

Tadamom...just the person I needed! I was going to see a stripework skirt for DD today and was following your directions in the bookmarks. How many times your DD's waist measurement did you make the skirt? Meaning how did you figure out how many stripes that you needed? :confused3

I just had to share some good news with all of you.

I had posted before that I have somethings going on in my life right now that just plain stink and coming here really brightens my day!

Anyways.....I had been working on a few different dresses, outfits, etc. to sell (if Parker didn't want them) and in the past two weeks, I have sold 4 dresses, 2 hair bows and I just today I got an order to do 2 more dresses with matching hair bows. I'm on :cloud9:

I don't sell on :wizard: or the other place, only to people I know or friends of friends. I am not confident enough in my skills to make the venture into the auctions but this happening to me today has really given me the boost that I needed to really amp up what I'm doing. I am going to make up some more things and start making my way to consignment shops and see what I can do.

Thanks for letting me share this with all of you!!!!!!!!! Y'all are the best!!!!!!

Tadamom...just the person I needed! I was going to see a stripework skirt for DD today and was following your directions in the bookmarks. How many times your DD's waist measurement did you make the skirt? Meaning how did you figure out how many stripes that you needed? :confused3

OMG - do I have instructions in the bookmarks? Off to check this out!

To be honest, I don't think I did. I either just guesses and it worked out or someone else could have given me the measurements.

I remember Lisa Zoe giving me a lot of advice around that time and as of late, Jeanne (Jham) has been giving me the measurements she uses for Lily. Lily is smaller and younger than my DD but they have worked for me.

What size shorts does your little girl have and maybe I can help you out?

I had posted before that I have somethings going on in my life right now that just plain stink and coming here really brightens my day!

Anyways.....I had been working on a few different dresses, outfits, etc. to sell (if Parker didn't want them) and in the past two weeks, I have sold 4 dresses, 2 hair bows and I just today I got an order to do 2 more dresses with matching hair bows. I'm on :cloud9:

I don't sell on :wizard: or the other place, only to people I know or friends of friends. I am not confident enough in my skills to make the venture into the auctions but this happening to me today has really given me the boost that I needed to really amp up what I'm doing. I am going to make up some more things and start making my way to consignment shops and see what I can do.

Thanks for letting me share this with all of you!!!!!!!!! Y'all are the best!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!! That's wonderful. :banana: :banana: :banana:

To be honest, I don't think I did. I either just guesses and it worked out or someone else could have given me the measurements.

I remember Lisa Zoe giving me a lot of advice around that time and as of late, Jeanne (Jham) has been giving me the measurements she uses for Lily. Lily is smaller and younger than my DD but they have worked for me.

What size shorts does your little girl have and maybe I can help you out?

In store bought clothes she wears a size 6 (ya, she's big!) Her waist measurement is 21 inches.

In store bought clothes she wears a size 6 (ya, she's big!) Her waist measurement is 21 inches.

Okay, let me see if I can help.

Questions......how many different fabrics are you using? And do you want the strips on the smaller, medium or larger side?

Any advice?

Thanks all
Julie

I really like "heat sealing" the ends - basically using a lighter to melt the cut edge. It holds up to laundering quite well. If you're not sure how well the fiber of the ribbon will melt, use a scrap piece. I've only had 2 or 3 that caused problems when I tried to melt them - I think they contained either natural fibers or a metallic thread that wanted to burn rather than melt. For those I had to use Fray Check.

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do well with your garments. If you haven't already, make sure you find out the consignment shop's terms up front so there are no surprises, such as allowing them to mark down items without your consent. I've never tried to consign handmade items so my experience is only doing used clothing.

Okay, let me see if I can help.

Questions......how many different fabrics are you using? And do you want the strips on the smaller, medium or larger side?

I'm still debating on two or three fabrics but I think I'm going to stick with two since is my first attempt (I know in theory it doesn't mean anymore sewing but I don't want to waste more fabric if I don't like it!). I liked your posted skirt and it was 5.5 inch stripes right???

I'm still debating on two or three fabrics but I think I'm going to stick with two since is my first attempt (I know in theory it doesn't mean anymore sewing but I don't want to waste more fabric if I don't like it!). I liked your posted skirt and it was 5.5 inch stripes right???

Yep, 5.5". I used 2 fabrics and cut 9 of each. I'm not sure if this is any help but if your DD wears a 6 I would probably do at least 11 or 12 strips of each color. I would rather have too many than not enough. I also always figure that if I cut too many, I can use those pieces for applique or something.

That is really great! I totally get what you mean by using this as an escape to brighten your day! I am totally doing that right at this moment. Sometimes it just helps not to worry about all of the whatever it is and just think about making cute things and seeing cute things and cute kids that other people have posted.

I am so happy for your selling success! I think that getting started just takes a lot of concentration and perserverance and I have neither right now, but someday!

Well, I have to get my house cleaned up and get ready to sew and watch Robin Hood on BBC America tonight at 8 (central time) because it's a new episode!!!

Do any of you watch that? I think I have a little crush on Robin. If you haven't watched you totally should. It's a fun show for kids too!

Yep, 5.5". I used 2 fabrics and cut 9 of each. I'm not sure if this is any help but if your DD wears a 6 I would probably do at least 11 or 12 strips of each color. I would rather have too many than not enough. I also always figure that if I cut too many, I can use those pieces for applique or something.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter