• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Packed Magic Kingdom!! (Jan. 26)

Barbruka

Favorite place in the world.
Magic Kingdom was packed today! Saw many NFL players with their families, and tons of people here for the game. When they are carrying lots of ESPN merchandise, hats, backpacks, etc., you know they are here for the game. In advance predicted line times on touring plans was way off. Most lines were double and triple the time predicted. But touring plans online app for current times were pretty accurate.

Last edited:
Touring Plans crowd estimates were off for Magic Kingdom when I went (Jan 8-13th) Predicted a 4 for MK, but after they updated their numbers, they posted a a 9 which is a big difference IMHO. I get a sense that MK will always be busy, regardless of time of the year. I do enjoy their app though and I find their chat room really helpful when you have a question while you're at the park.

isn't the parade today? it's going to be REALLY packed today :) then again the parade route might be horrible and rides light.. it happens like that sometimes.

We were there 22-25th and it was PACKED. you could barely walk through Animal kingdom. Do these kids not have school :crazy2:

Funny. We are here right now and it is so not crowded. Not even a little. This place is dead. Guess either OP hit it at a bad time or we hit it at a good one
We even got same day FP for Space just an hour out and got one for Soarin. Then for one for Illuminations about an hour out. We hopped to all 4 parks yesterday (26th)
Found Safari a walk on at 4
At HS we got 4th FP for all tier 1 rides

Last edited:
Maybe there is a school break.

A lot of the football players dropped out of the Pro Bowl.
Yeah, what ever is here right now it's not for that game
I'd say a huge majority of the guests are foreign too. We are hearing way more non English speakers than on any other trip. Not tour groups either, these are families

We were there 22-25th and it was PACKED. you could barely walk through Animal kingdom. Do these kids not have school :crazy2:

When did you go to Animal Kingdom? Here's the average waits for each day:
22nd - 15.82
23rd - 35.29 (Red park)
24th - 17.23
25th - 12.87

Three of those days wouldn't be considered really quiet.

Funny. We are here right now and it is so not crowded. Not even a little. This place is dead. Guess either OP hit it at a bad time or we hit it at a good one
We even got same day FP for Space just an hour out and got one for Soarin. Then for one for Illuminations about an hour out. We hopped to all 4 parks yesterday (26th)

I think unless you go regularly, it's hard to understand what "normal" crowds are now!

You were one who kept telling us all the Pro Bowl wouldn't affect crowds. And here you are quick to jump on someone who says it's busy and it seems to be Pro Bowl crowds.
I'm not saying you are wrong but, in this case you have to admit you maybe a little bias.. no?

You were one who kept telling us all the Pro Bowl wouldn't affect crowds. And here you are quick to jump on someone who says it's busy and it seems to be Pro Bowl crowds.
I'm not saying you are wrong but, in this case you have to admit you maybe a little bias.. no?
No not at all. If I was wrong I'd admit it
It's not crowded

She is not wrong. We are normal January people, and we were very worried about Pro Bowl. Epcot was more crowded than a typical MK day. And DHS was even worse. We rode mostly everything at MK today without issue or wait. We just keep booking new FP and we were only there from 11am - 4pm. Our longest wait was the monorail from MK to epcot!

Epcot was oddly crowded today. But waits were not bad. It was strange. Then i realized there were tons of school kids there doing some sort of scavenger hunt. They were not really doing rides or buying food

The Pro Bowl is a meaningless game. Players no longer want to risk injury for a game that means nothing. There's no public interest in the game and the reason why it's in Orlando instead of Hawaii is the NFL's last-ditch effort to salvage the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter