Packable Lunches for Parks

TheDisneyCampers

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in October, staying at Fort Wilderness. We have always had lunches at QS type places on our other trips. For this trip, I am thinking of packing lunches to take in to the parks. We will have a stroller and some small backpacks, so we do have a little bit of room to pack. I am looking for some easy, portable lunch ideas. I've thought about sandwiches and wraps, plus cold pasta salad with some sort of protein added (chicken, etc). Any other ideas?

I'm not particularly worried about drinks- we'll carry a few bottles of water and purchase soft drinks to avoid carrying too much weight.

We usually do the same with wraps or sandwich flats and something like pasta salad or potato salad and some pretzels or crackers for the kids. Fruit is always handy and healthy. As far as drinks we like to freeze just about anything that comes Ina plastic bottle from water to fruit drinks and iced tea. We use that as our cold packs but we also bring thinks like crystal lite packs to add to water which you can ask for at any counter service.

What about things like apples that are pretty shelf stable and nicely portable? I know it's not a main dish but I am the person who buys stuff at the fruit stands in the parks to have some "real" food so I think things like that or carrot sticks would be nice to bring even as a snack. I guess lots of people bring frozen grapes and I would try that too since grapes are another thing I've purchased at the fruit stands.

I am a huge fan of pasta salad. One of my favorites that would be easy to prepare is just rotini noodles, cucumbers, presliced mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and some balsamic vinaigrette from a bottle! There's next to no chopping so it's super convenient. Other things I throw in sometimes are black olives, chick peas, and fresh mozzarella. All ready to toss in. I bet one of those grocery store chickens would be nice to throw on there too.

We are doing the same thing in Jan, we plan on using canned tuna (drained and already mixed usually with Salsa (adds flavor doesn't need to be kept cold)), hard boiled eggs, been jerkey and PB&J for the kiddo.

We are doing Oct and Ft wilderness too, so following.

Plan is to stock up on the mayo packets and mustard packets so we can put some coldcuts on ice (in its bag) and make sandwiches there (so the bread doesnt get soggy).

Also the pb packets and maybe the jelly ones you can get a diner :)

pasta salad (with italian dressing- so no mayo) some veggies and pepperoni. If Im doing a cheese in that it will be feta for a longer cooler life

For the kids the individual ritz packets, some of the cheese slices that are individually wrapped and a salami or turkey-- make your own lunchables.

We are also doing the crystal light or the mio and then snacks.

I found decorated (not disney) chinese take out containers at the $1 spot of target so im going to attempt to make my own PowerPack lunches

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter