Overwhelmed by packing for 3!

Dang, no way would even I consider trying to coordinate clothing for 8 days. How about do coordinating outfits every other day? So only 4 days? I feel like you're stressing yourself out for nothing. Its not worth it! Plus, like you said, it'll be cold so they'll be wearing their coats most of the time anyway! :thumbsup2

COld was soooo last week! Now Accu-make-me-vomit-weather says 80 and some rain! ha!

Stressed would be NOT getting on here to crack jokes about first world problems. The fact that I can vent about such truly silly things is part of the planning fun. Of course, I can say that now that the Ziplock bags are stuffed and in the suitcase. As to what is actually in those bags, who the heck knows!!

Question some of you may be able to answer though:

Anybody know where I can find no show socks for toddlers??!
I don't have time to order online and the only store I've found is Journey's but our local one doesn't have them.

I found some very low cut socks at childrens place. They were monster print and they had a different set for girls. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend them because they wouldn't stay up, maybe it was just the sock shoe combination, but disney is not the time to be testing new socks that may not stay put on your child's feet. Does your kid normally wear no show socks or would these be new?

I found some very low cut socks at childrens place. They were monster print and they had a different set for girls. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend them because they wouldn't stay up, maybe it was just the sock shoe combination, but disney is not the time to be testing new socks that may not stay put on your child's feet. Does your kid normally wear no show socks or would these be new?

Thanks for Children's Place suggestion (or caution).

Truth be told, is that I'm not a sock fan and therefore my children rarely wear them! We live in the South so 80% of the year they are in open toed shoes. For Disney though, I'm planning to usually have them wear their Converse, and looking at the weather it will often be with skirts or dresses. Converse are soooo low that socks look silly but I know their little feet will be getting hot thus making no socks not a good plan!

Target does have a "crew cut" type sock that aren't hideous! I've also gotten the ballet looking ones that are lower cut.

ejrj said:
Thanks for Children's Place suggestion (or caution).

Truth be told, is that I'm not a sock fan and therefore my children rarely wear them! We live in the South so 80% of the year they are in open toed shoes. For Disney though, I'm planning to usually have them wear their Converse, and looking at the weather it will often be with skirts or dresses. Converse are soooo low that socks look silly but I know their little feet will be getting hot thus making no socks not a good plan!

Yikes! The shoes my son had were low top converse! The low profile socks just did not stay up with those shoes, but maybe it was just my sons feet. I'm happy with him looking dorky in his hanes socks from walmart, they stay up great.

I go overboard with custom sewn outfits for our disney trips. We just went for four days and had three suitcases - and I only have two kids! :) I use a spreadsheet for planning wardrobe. I plan out each day, (morning &night), based on our touring schedule (what park we will visit on what day, what our dining plans are, etc) down to shoes and accessories. That way I kind of have a packing list to go from as I pack, plus then my husband can help get kids dressed because he knows who is wearing what and when. I'd be happy to share the spreadsheet with you! You can download it here: http://www.stephaniecombs.com/outfitplanner.pdf

And yes, I realize that sounds crazy to some of you, but we LOVE it! The kids get so much pixie dust and fun treats for being dolled up cute. Just this past weekend at Disneyland we got to be the family that "opens" California Adventure, the cast members picked us up off the street in carsland and stuck us at the beginning of the line for Luigi's Tire ride (no waiting!), and the same for Toy Story over in Paradise Pier. We got free buttons, pins, extra special attention from characters, etc. It's part of the fun of going to Disney for us to dress up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter