Oversized verandah on Deck 5 or higher up & not super-sized?

tczerwinski

Earning My Ears
Just returned five days ago from my first ever DC (Magic). My family had such a great time, I am in the process for booking for next year! (Fantasy this time!)

So here's what I am wondering...

I am looking solely at rooms with verandahs. I have a couple of options for Deck 5 with oversized verandahs, or higher up (Decks 6-10) with the regular sized verandahs. All are the starboard (is that the word?) side.

I'm just trying to figure out if the Deck 5 rooms (5550, 5546 and 5650) are worth the verandah considering they are over the clubs and close to the kids' areas. Also, I'm wondering if you have people staring down at you due to the bigger verandah?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? We have a family of four (4 & 5 year old). We have stayed on Deck 7 of the Magic.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tara :flower3:

I'm just trying to figure out if the Deck 5 rooms (5550, 5546 and 5650) are worth the verandah considering they are over the clubs and close to the kids' areas. Also, I'm wondering if you have people staring down at you due to the bigger verandah?

I just returned from a stay in stateroom 5546 and we LOVED it! The location was great and the oversized verandah was awesome! There was no noise in this room. This particular room isn't over anything noisy, and it's not close enough to the kids' clubs to add any extra traffic. It's right by the stairs and elevators. We never noticed anyone staring down at us. Most people above us were just looking out to sea. I think that 5550 would be very similar, but 5546 is slightly better because one "end" of the verandah railing is rounded, so you get a better view (if that makes sense).

I just returned from a stay in stateroom 5546 and we LOVED it! The location was great and the oversized verandah was awesome! There was no noise in this room. This particular room isn't over anything noisy, and it's not close enough to the kids' clubs to add any extra traffic. It's right by the stairs and elevators. We never noticed anyone staring down at us. Most people above us were just looking out to sea. I think that 5550 would be very similar, but 5546 is slightly better because one "end" of the verandah railing is rounded, so you get a better view (if that makes sense).

Happy to read this. We are in 5546 on the 6/2 sailing. :cool1:

I think it just depends on you OP. The idea of someone looking down on me doesn't bother me at all. Im personally thrilled to have the extra space to get some sun while my boys are napping!

If 5650 is available, I'd grab it. It's verandah is not just double deep, it's also double wide because there's not another room on one side.

This may sound like a weird question, but we'll be in 5050 and 5048 on the fantasy and we were wondering if there was a way to have the verandas connected. My father in law said that he was on another cruise line and they did this for his adjoining staterooms.

This may sound like a weird question, but we'll be in 5050 and 5048 on the fantasy and we were wondering if there was a way to have the verandas connected. My father in law said that he was on another cruise line and they did this for his adjoining staterooms.

Yep! We just got off the Fantasy and we had connecting verandah staterooms, and they were able to open up the divider for us. It was nice! :-)

Happy to read this. We are in 5546 on the 6/2 sailing. :cool1:

I think it just depends on you OP. The idea of someone looking down on me doesn't bother me at all. Im personally thrilled to have the extra space to get some sun while my boys are napping!
Hi:) we are book d in room 5546 next year and wanted to get your opinion on that room:)

If 5650 is available, I'd grab it. It's verandah is not just double deep, it's also double wide because there's not another room on one side.

Agree agree agree!!!! We had this room in January and LOVED it! Location, size of the room, size of the verandah, loved everything about it. Next time on the Fantasy we will definitely try to get 5650 again.

We are staying in that room next year.. sounds like it's a good choice?

Hi:) we are book d in room 5546 next year and wanted to get your opinion on that room:)
See you are fairly new here (HI!) without a lot of posts. Just wanted to give you a tip. Don't know if you found this thread through a search or some other way. But it is a 5 year old thread and the people who were posting on it haven't been on the boards in quite some time (if you click someone's name, you can see when they were "last seen" on the boards). So unlikely you'll hear from them. When you bring up what is called a zombie thread, you may or may not get current DisBoarders to give you feedback on what you are asking about. A lot of times it's better to start a new thread than to revive a zombie (sometimes not). Sorry I haven't stayed on deck 5 on the new ships so I can't personally give you any feedback. Just wanted to give you a little advice in case no one looks on this thread that has stayed in the specific stateroom you are asking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter