Overloaded Car Parking Question

ashleymrush

DIS Veteran
**Please note: I've decided against this and no longer need advice. No need to add more comments. Thanks to all of you who gave advice! I'm happy to have people back this up when I talk to my husband about it again tonight. :)**

During our last family trip, we found that driving to and from the parks was actually a lot easier with our little ones because they would get very restless on the bus. It was also nice to keep the stroller in the car instead of having it take up space in the room. My boys are older now, 8 and 5, so they can probably handle the bus better now. The issue is that we are staying at CBR and from what I here, it can take a while to get through all the stops at the resort so I'm considering driving again. This time we have 7 people with us instead of 4 though. We drive a Tahoe and I was considering having 5 in the seats but putting two adults in the back. We don't have any seats in the back but I figured we'd be ok just driving around on property. The other 3 people with us are flying and won't have a car. Has anyone ever experienced any push back from people at the parking entrance if there are "too many" people in a vehicle? I just can't decide if this is an option or just a bad idea.

Last edited:
During our last family trip, we found that driving to and from the parks was actually a lot easier with our little ones because they would get very restless on the bus. It was also nice to keep the stroller in the car instead of having it take up space in the room. My boys are older now, 8 and 5, so they can probably handle the bus better now. The issue is that we are staying at CBR and from what I here, it can take a while to get through all the stops at the resort so I'm considering driving again. This time we have 7 people with us instead of 4 though. We drive a Tahoe and I was considering having 5 in the seats but putting two adults in the back. We don't have any seats in the back but I figured we'd be ok just driving around on property. The other 3 people with us are flying and won't have a car. Has anyone ever experienced any push back from people at the parking entrance if there are "too many" people in a vehicle? I just can't decide if this is an option or just a bad idea.
Bad idea, not to mention illegal. There are police around WDW property.

Just realized I put this in "Park Attractions and Strategies" instead of "Transportation." My apologies. I'll repost there. I tried to delete this one but couldn't find the option to do it.

Just realized I put this in "Park Attractions and Strategies" instead of "Transportation." My apologies. I'll repost there. I tried to delete this one but couldn't find the option to do it.
I don't think the responses will be different on the transportation board.

It's a terrible idea. Disney roads are real roads and accidents do happen. Even fatal ones. Every person in the vehicle needs a seat and a seatbelt

All of this in here. Please Please, PLEASE do not do this. I was actually visiting WDW recently wen that terrible accident with the overhead sign happened and it killed the driver. We were driving by in a Disney bus while they were still cleaning up the road.

I don't think the responses will be different on the transportation board.

Yeah I just saw the very quick responses. I'm not posting in Transportation. Y'all are all right for sure. I figured this was the case and was pretty uneasy about the option anyway. My husband really doesn't want to deal with the buses and thought this could be an option so I told him I'd throw out the question. It's nice to see I'll have my reasoning backed up. :)

It's an awful, illegal idea. The Disney bubble doesn't protect you from automobile accidents or being pulled over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter