Overlapping Reservations and Shortening Reservation that has a Discount Code

HeyIt'sMe

Nothin' to see here folks
The Facts:
My adult daughter & I have a reservation at Pop Century using the Disney+ discount. We have a package including 4-nights with a September 12 check-in and 3-day park tickets. When I booked the reservation I selected September 12 as our first park day so they tickets were priced accordingly. Our plans are still very much undecided but we probably won't be using the tickets for the first time until September 13 or 14.

I am contemplating booking a room only at the Contemporary for just September 12 since being in the MK area that day makes our plans much easier. If I did this, I would shorten the Pop Century package to 3-nights with a September 13 check-in and still have 3-day tickets with the first time use of September 13 or 14.

I won't know until mid to late July what are final plans are.

The Questions:
1 - Can I have overlapping reservations while I decide what we want to do?
2 - If I do shorten the original package does that forfeit the Disney+ discount I have? I didn't know if changing the check-in day throws a wrench in things.
3 - Changing the package check-in day from September 12 to September 13 changes the ticket price; $107/day vs $113/day, respectively. I assume Disney will just adjust the package cost for the increase?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but this is all that comes to mind right now. Thanks!!

The Facts:
My adult daughter & I have a reservation at Pop Century using the Disney+ discount. We have a package including 4-nights with a September 12 check-in and 3-day park tickets. When I booked the reservation I selected September 12 as our first park day so they tickets were priced accordingly. Our plans are still very much undecided but we probably won't be using the tickets for the first time until September 13 or 14.

I am contemplating booking a room only at the Contemporary for just September 12 since being in the MK area that day makes our plans much easier. If I did this, I would shorten the Pop Century package to 3-nights with a September 13 check-in and still have 3-day tickets with the first time use of September 13 or 14.

I won't know until mid to late July what are final plans are.

The Questions:
1 - Can I have overlapping reservations while I decide what we want to do?
2 - If I do shorten the original package does that forfeit the Disney+ discount I have? I didn't know if changing the check-in day throws a wrench in things.
3 - Changing the package check-in day from September 12 to September 13 changes the ticket price; $107/day vs $113/day, respectively. I assume Disney will just adjust the package cost for the increase?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but this is all that comes to mind right now. Thanks!!
  1. Yes, you can hold two reservations that overlap while you make your decision.
  2. Yes, changing a check in date could change your eligibility for the discount if there isn't a 3-night POP package available for your new date.
  3. Yes, changing the package date will affect the starting date for your tickets and it will be reflected in the new price.

1. Yes, you can hold two reservations that overlap while you make your decision.
  2. Yes, changing a check in date could change your eligibility for the discount if there isn't a 3-night POP package available for your new date.
  3. Yes, changing the package date will affect the starting date for your tickets and it will be reflected in the new price.

Thanks! #2 is what worries me. OK, so would it be possible to have 3 reservations (this is getting crazy) that are:

- Original 4-night package at Pop Century 9/12-9/15
- New 3-night package at Pop Century 9/13-9/15
- New room only at Contemporary 9/12

You could also check to see if your first plan will work. While it’s true that it Could change based on availability for the discount, it’s also true that it Could Not. But I’d jump on finding out RN as it’s first come first served. Then I’d worry about new strategies.

We have a package including 4-nights with a September 12 check-in and 3-day park tickets. When I booked the reservation I selected September 12 as our first park day so they tickets were priced accordingly.
FYI... package tickets automatically align with the check-in date, regardless of what your plans are. If tickets are less-expensive by picking a different start date, you might want to book a room-only and purchase the tickets separately.

Thanks! #2 is what worries me. OK, so would it be possible to have 3 reservations (this is getting crazy) that are:

- Original 4-night package at Pop Century 9/12-9/15
- New 3-night package at Pop Century 9/13-9/15
- New room only at Contemporary 9/12
This should not be a problem. I am currently holding 2 reservations for the exact same dates until we finalize our plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter