Overlapping 2016/2017 trip question - with dining plan changes

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
As of right now I am not booking a dining plan. And if I did it obviously would be a 2016 plan loaded on arrival.

However, servers will have to deal for a week or more with those of us that are overlapping years with the dining plan, correct? Meaning I'm curious how they will deal with the no dessert - two snack credits change in the first week of January. While others will still be on the dessert with meal plan.

I think I'm curious about the transition period probably because I wish you could get the new changes for an overlapping trip. :drinking1

No way around this, correct?

Great change. I haven't had the DDP for years, since I felt I couldn't even look at any sweet after a couple of days of it.

I now might consider it again going forward.

Last edited:
I believe the credits are labeled with year when looked up/applied. So the cashiers don't really have to "do" anything.

That's what I thought. Thank you.

I was also imagining customers especially on a the TS part of the regular DDP, maybe through doing text to room or missing an email announcing the change, not understanding that they were not getting a dessert with their meal covered and that back and forth.

But then again I guess it would be coming off their double snacks, with no conversation needed. :goodvibes

Or on the first meal they would see the onslaught of snack credits and know something had changed.

I just wish I could get the 2017 on my overlap, especially with the Christmas upcharge. Even with the extra payment for the new plan. The changes really are that wonderful, after years of thinking it did not work for my holidays.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. Thank you.

I was also imagining customers especially on a the TS part of the regular DDP, maybe through doing text to room or missing an email announcing the change, not understanding that they were not getting a dessert with their meal covered and that back and forth.

But then again I guess it would be coming off their double snacks, with no conversation needed. :goodvibes

Or on the first meal they would see the onslaught of snack credits and know something had changed.

I just wish I could get the 2017 on my overlap, especially with the Christmas upcharge. Even with the extra payment for the new plan. The changes really are that wonderful, after years of thinking it did not work for my holidays.
I am not quite following here, but dessert is still included in TS. It is gone from QS.

I imagine the computerized system will handle it automatically, anyway. If you're using a 2016 credit, the desserts would be grouped in the credit entitlements, if using a 2017 credit, it wouldn't be.

As noted, this is just for CS anyway.

I am not quite following here, but dessert is still included in TS. It is gone from QS.

I imagine the computerized system will handle it automatically, anyway. If you're using a 2016 credit, the desserts would be grouped in the credit entitlements, if using a 2017 credit, it wouldn't be.

As noted, this is just for CS anyway.

No I wasn't following.

I had no clue that it was for CS only. Read dessert was being taken off and just assumed it was removed for all meals now, well the first two levels of the meal plan. And was optional with the additional snack credits for all types of meals. A complete change, that I would have liked.

There we go.

Last edited:
No I wasn't following.

I had no clue that it was for CS only. Read dessert was being taken off and just assumed it was removed for all meals now, well the first two levels of the meal plan. And was optional with the additional snack credits for all types of meals. A complete change, that I would have liked.

There we go.

Yeah. The summary:

• QS is now beverage+entree. TS is still beverage, entree, dessert or 1 full buffet-o-rama.
  • Dining Plan users get +1 snack on QSDP and DDP to make up for loss of QS dessert.
  • Snack credits still can never be used at TS eateries.

1 full buffet-o-rama.

Laughing. Perfectly said for me. I detest buffets.

So QSDP got kind of sort of screwed in comparison. :rotfl: ;)

I know some people can't even use up their snacks. But I could have used three with absolutely no issue. None. Even staying away from "if I see one more sweet" sugar coma.

Thank you! :goodvibes

So QSDP got kind of sort of screwed in comparison. :rotfl: ;)

Pretty much. And it came with a price increase, too. Now you'll have to average about $19 per entree/drink combo to break even on QSDP for adults -- good luck with that.

Pretty much. And it came with a price increase, too. Now you'll have to average about $19 per entree/drink combo to break even on QSDP for adults -- good luck with that.
BOG breakfast, then park hop for Flame Tree.

EVERY DAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter