Outlets in fantasy cabins

ashleyasiegel

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We are sailing the Fantasy next week and wondering how many outlets are in cabin?

We have 4 apple phones that use the new cord usb-c to lightning, 3 watches that also use the new cord, plus other random electronics to charge nightly.

I read that power strips are not allowed. Is there a multi plug outlet device that you can bring?

Just letting you know if you bring a surge protector, it will be confiscated. Last time I cruised, we found this out the hard way. :scared1: I haven't cruised since then so I'm not sure how it works now

We had a USB charging station with us that was super helpful. They're not terribly expensive, so that could be something to look into!
Do you have a link to the one your have? I have looked on Amazon but worried it will be confiscated as it will fall under the surge protector power ships that say not allowed. So looking for a link to one that is for sure allowed.

Just letting you know if you bring a surge protector, it will be confiscated. Last time I cruised, we found this out the hard way. :scared1: I haven't cruised since then so I'm not sure how it works now
Correct which is why I was asking what people do to get everything charged or how many outlets are in the room. I have been looking on Amazon for cruise approved ones but Leary on buying unless I know for sure it won’t be confiscated

Not sure what is allowed, just know next time we will bring something. There are a total of 3 outlets (i.e. 3 things can be plugged in) at a time with what is in the stateroom. I needed 1 at night for my CPAP so the 2 remaining were charging phones, watch, iPad, etc. Let's just say if I needed a wander in the middle of the night it included switching up devices that were charging!

Do you have a link to the one you have?
It was a while ago so it’s not showing up on my past orders. If you do a search for 6 or more ports USB charging station you’ll get a ton of choices. I wanted one that had a detachable power cord so that it wouldn’t be misconstrued as an extension cord by the luggage inspectors.

We just used this in January on the fantasy. Worked perfectly and was not taken out of our bag for inspection by maintenance.

Attachments

• 058E545A-29EF-40F1-AC13-532E5A99863D.png
    058E545A-29EF-40F1-AC13-532E5A99863D.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
I feel pretty sure if you look for a USB splitter with charging ability, that would be allowed. They don't generate extra current, they just divide the existing current between multiple devices.

Its been my experience that plug in USB chargers for multiple devices that plug directly into an outlet and not with a plugged cord are acceptable.

The USB charging station I've used on a number of cruises on several cruise lines is the plug in type and has not been confiscated. I make sure to detach the cord from the charging station so that it can't be misconstrued as an extension cord or power strip when it's x-rayed.

Last edited:
Anything that duplicates an electrical outlet will be confiscated (unless not caught) but any hub with only USB outlets should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter