Out-of-state visitors to be welcomed back June 15th!

Crowds are an unknown now, but traditionally October would be pretty crowded (though still fun!) Do you want Halloween or Christmas decorations? You can start getting Christmas stuff in the first half of November.

The weather is basically always better than WDW, so it has that going for it.... ;) But really, Oct and Nov is likely 70s-80s, but could be 60s or 90s! Should be pretty nice, though, and it will be nice and cool in the morning and evenings. And, not anywhere near FL's level of humidity!

Thanks Disneycat for the great info. We don't really care which decorations are up as we have seen WDW's decorations numerous times. We love them both:) Since we have never been to Cal. we were curious about the weather. I like the idea of going in November at this time. Can't wait to see that beautiful state and DS.

Crowds are an unknown now, but traditionally October would be pretty crowded (though still fun!) Do you want Halloween or Christmas decorations? You can start getting Christmas stuff in the first half of November.

The weather is basically always better than WDW, so it has that going for it.... ;) But really, Oct and Nov is likely 70s-80s, but could be 60s or 90s! Should be pretty nice, though, and it will be nice and cool in the morning and evenings. And, not anywhere near FL's level of humidity!
What are your thoughts on early to mid November? I have done the halloween party before and we stayed for a couple days after but not long enough to see all the Christmas Decorations up. A different trip we did see it all decorated and loved it. Right now I am looking at the week of November 1st or 8th or 15th would be the latest I could push it. Pre pandemic how were the crowds those weeks

What are your thoughts on early to mid November? I have done the halloween party before and we stayed for a couple days after but not long enough to see all the Christmas Decorations up. A different trip we did see it all decorated and loved it. Right now I am looking at the week of November 1st or 8th or 15th would be the latest I could push it. Pre pandemic how were the crowds those weeks
I never went frequently enough to talk about crowds, but Veteran's Day weekend has (traditionally) been the first weekend that Christmas decorations are up, if that matters to you. It matters to us and that's typically when we go to see the decorations and buy our annual ornament.

It seems crowded to me but it's not like "week between Christmas and New Year's" crowded (which is a time I'll never go again).

Agree with ten6mom - it really depends if you want Christmas decorations or not. The trade off is that it’s more crowded once the decorations come. Honestly, I haven’t been a local AP in a few years, so I’m not super familiar with more recent crowds in that season. Personally, the Christmas decorations are worth the increased crowds to me, but it’s all about personal preference. We have had a couple pretty good Veterans Day/weekend visits in the past. Crowded, but not nearly as bad as later in the Christmas season.

Agree with ten6mom - it really depends if you want Christmas decorations or not. The trade off is that it’s more crowded once the decorations come. Honestly, I haven’t been a local AP in a few years, so I’m not super familiar with more recent crowds in that season. Personally, the Christmas decorations are worth the increased crowds to me, but it’s all about personal preference. We have had a couple pretty good Veterans Day/weekend visits in the past. Crowded, but not nearly as bad as later in the Christmas season.
I think we are going to book the week after Veterans day. We have the tickets and credits for flights so I can always postpone if needed. I am having surgery this December and will be out of commission for Christmas so this can be my little bit of Christmas. Just hoping that the restrictions in BC keep being reduced as our numbers go down to include travel out of country by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter