• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Out of Curiousity..For Those of You Selected to Test New Bands...

Wendybird55

DIS Veteran
How far in advance from your planned reservation did you get notice you were chosen to participate?

Thanks

Wendybird55 said:
How far in advance from your planned reservation did you get notice you were chosen to participate?

Thanks

17 days...well after I was able to customize the bands and get FP+ set up. In fact, my UPS invitation and my magic bands showed up on the same day.

17 days. It was about 2 weeks after I logged on and booked my fastpass+'s. I had received the customized bands about a week before I was invited...

The moment I linked my hotel, 13 days in advance.

Same here. For me it was 27 days in advance. And I know some have said they've received e-mails, but I didn't get one. Once I linked the hotel, I got a pop up saying I could customize and order the bands and select FP+.

I was able to customize my MagicBands on July 16th. The only notification at that point was the popup on MDX. We check in on Aug 17th. I received my MagicBands on July 22nd. I received my invitation to test on July 31st - which was 17 days before my check in.

I got a UPS letter and email about 17 days out (this past Wed) but had seen on the boards a week or so back about the pop up and had already booked FP but had not done MB customization yet. Got it done yesterday, looking forward to getting the bands!

Sometime in July we got the MDX popup...bands came about 10 days ago...official emails last weekend (17 days out).

Funny thing about the MDX popup was that I had just linked our will call tickets 2 days prior...

I get the popup, but I can't link my tickets because I have them through a package so I don't have them to link. Does that mean I won't get asked to test?

Im confused about the MagicBands. First how do you get selected? Im going to Disney in early September and staying at the Port Orleans Riverside with a dining plan, park hopper plus h2o. Would I be a canidate for them. Boy it would make life easier with 3 small children :)

Im confused about the MagicBands. First how do you get selected? Im going to Disney in early September and staying at the Port Orleans Riverside with a dining plan, park hopper plus h2o. Would I be a canidate for them. Boy it would make life easier with 3 small children :)

Right now, I think the only known test is in August at select resorts.

Right now it is only being tested at the yacht club, animal kingdom, contemporary and pop century resorts. I received a ups letter about 17 days before my trip. However, I noticed it was available about a month before my trip in MDE.

I booked AKL in July for 8/15-8/21. Linked my RFID AP's to my reservation and then FP+ became selectable. Entered our FP times, ordered the bands and then got them on the next business day. About 2 weeks later the Disney site gave us a popup advising to be testers. We only received a placard asking us to be testers via UPS which arrived on the same date we got the pop up on the MDE site. So for us, we got to enter everything, as non-testers, and then getting a notice about 2 weeks later asking us to test FP+.

Thanks for the info...interesting...

I linked my resort a long while back (we're staying at BWV thru rented DVC points). Last night I linked my APs (purchased in Oct) which obviously aren't RFID so when I went to FP+ screen I couldn't do anything. I'm not a big FP person and this year I'm trying not to over plan our trip leaving us more flexibility to let our days go where they may...I've been to WDW over 25 times and this will be DS 7th trip and he'll be 7 in Sept. so we're not in a rush to see and do everything we can.

My only hope after reading a post here was that it may be nice to get FP+ seating for parades and fireworks...but no big disappointment..Thanks again for the info I hope everyone has good experiences with their testing

I was just a day or 2 over a month. Actually, my TA sent me an e-mail about 10:00 PM (Disney wanted all TAs to phone the invitees!!) to let me know we were selected. So the next morning I customized our bands and I got them speedy quick via FedEx. I didn't have to load our resort reservations or ADRs on them because they were already loaded. It DID take a while (like a week or so) to get the FP+ loaded on because the site kept shutting down. Wine helped with that frustration a LOT:lmao:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter