• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our worst day at WDW in 16 years...

When I went to Epcot in 2023 I was able to the GoTG Vq at 1 pm easily. 7 am I could not. I was told that if you are at the park and missed 7am spot you would usually get the 1pm easily. I guess that changed? That suck s
No it didn’t. Even in 2023 if you tried the 1pm drop during super crowded days it was gone instantly. Reports right now are the parks are crazy crowded with Spring Break crowds.

Hate to hear you had a bad experience. Been there before no doubt.

My oldest daughter's birthday is Spring Break time. She doesn't understand why we can't go to Disney during this time of year. Avoiding the frustration. It doesn't have to be this way, but unfortunately it is.

This is common any time of the year. We visit in late August during ‘lighter’ crowds and each night the line stretches back to Beach Club. Park close means long lines. We now either leave earlier or, do our shopping in the main store while crowds leave or, find a bench near the Skyliner, waiting for the lines to get shorter. My daughter and I have enjoyed some wonderful chats waiting in lines or for lines at WDW. (Yes, there have been some rough ones too) but lines are a part of Disney, especially at park open and close.
Wow. Is the line for the Friendship boats just as bad?

We had one of our absolutely worst Disney days today :(

Woke up at 6:30am, bought our genie. Started refreshing for GOTG at 6:55am. As soon as the clock hit 7am phone says "something went wrong" and the virtual que is done!

Tried to get LL, got one for Frozen at 7pm.

Got to Epcot just after rope drop. Waited two hours for Ratatouille.

At 12:45pm stood beside the CM tent while trying for GOTG again. Started refreshing at 12:55pm. Watched the atomic clock. 1pm phone says "something went wrong" It's over. No GOTG.

Spent over an hour refreshing Frozen and miraculously got it down to 2pm. But that was not without a fight and losing a bit of my mind.

So we paid $500 entrance for three. $98 for Genie.

We rode two rides. Ratatouille and Frozen. Had lunch. Walked around. That's it.

So TWO rides for the whole day. TWO. Test Track was greyed out on genie all day.

We have been going to Disney for 16 years, once or twice a year.

This was our last trip. We are done. The virtual que doesn't work.
There has to be more to this. It just doesn't make sense to me you only could do two attractions. You only used one g+ all day?? The GOTG can happen which is unfortunate though. Definitely try and get your money back on G+ if you truly tried to get more than just frozen and couldn't. Disney is busy and expensive but even on the busiest of days you should be able to experience more than what you did.

It was definitely a busy day. We have never had an issue getting VQ for GotG in the past, but had no luck yesterday. Despite that, I still like the VQ system. If you really need to ride it and can't get the VQ, you can still pay for it. Since you paid for G+, why didn't you do some of the lower wait rides that are less popular?

I think everyone is wasting their time at this point. The OP barely posts to DisBoards (I looked back at their history), they probably won't even check back here. Told their story and bolted.

Sidenote- If you only did two rides all day at EPCOT, that is a you problem.

When I went to Epcot in 2023 I was able to the GoTG Vq at 1 pm easily. 7 am I could not. I was told that if you are at the park and missed 7am spot you would usually get the 1pm easily. I guess that changed? That suck s

I think because the PH restriction changed, it's probably impacted the 1 PM drop. Whereas before the 1 PM drop was just people who had park reservations for Epcot and were locked out of the 7 AM drop, now it's anyone in the park at 1.

I had luck grabbing GoTG vq for 1 pm drop at the Florida Blue lounge in old Marrakesh restaurant in Morocco Pavilion. Think you can get a free pass for the lounge either on MDE or by googling Florida Blue medicare. This was in Sept so clearly very different crowd level and demand than March Break. I could never get the vq at 7am drop from my disney hotel but did get the 1pm drop every time I tried from the blue lounge. My return time was always 5pm ish so did conflict with dining ressies. Maybe worth a try for anyone planning to be in Epcot.

Spring Break is a notoriously busy time, you just hit that and made some rookie mistakes.

• Everyone in your group should have been trying for VQs
  • Tried to modify frozen ride time for up to 15 mins after 7am booking to pick up stuff people grabbed but weren’t able to purchase
  • Do not “rope drop” Remy right after the general park opening, like yikes. That line starts general park opening packed from everyone who goes during early entry
  • TT being down all day was bad luck but the thing is notoriously problematic
  • You could have ridden other small rides like LWTL with G+, you chose not to so that’s on you, not Disney

What you say is true, but that’s also like saying “if you were an expert you could have had an ok time”. What about the 90 percent of people who aren’t experts? Should you have to be an expert to enjoy it? I know that isn’t what you meant, but a theme park shouldn’t be this hard to enjoy.

I don't think that has changed. It sounds like her app glitched.

What you say is true, but that’s also like saying “if you were an expert you could have had an ok time”. What about the 90 percent of people who aren’t experts? Should you have to be an expert to enjoy it? I know that isn’t what you meant, but a theme park shouldn’t be this hard to enjoy.
It does not take an expert to walk to figment, three caballeros, mission space, spaceship earth, moana, lwtl, American adventure etc. etc. etc. to enjoy what epot has to offer.

I'm so sorry. We had a similar experience during Spring Break last year. We got locked out of the GOTG que two mornings, back to back due to issues that no one seemed able to figure out. And then also ended up with issues while standing side by side with a cast member at an umbrella to try midday. To be clear it wasn't that we missed the time, it was similar to you that as soon as the window opened our app defaulted to "something went wrong."

When it happened a third morning, after being ASSURED it couldn't possibly happen again, I spent two hours on chat and was finally "gifted" an all day ILL for GOTG. If you are still there, reach out and be the squeaky wheel. If the first, second or third person can't resolve it keep pushing until you reach a castmember who can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter