our wedding plans

fugayzee

Earning My Ears
Here are some of our plans but I have a few questions!

My DF & I are getting married on Aug 25, 2004. We will be arriving at Disney on the 23rd. We are staying at the GF, as well as most of the bridal party. We are not doing our HM in Disney. We will be leaving on the 27th for Hawaii!!! :hyper: (so we will be at Disney for 5 days & 2 weeks in Hawaii)

Any way, We are having the cerimony at 2:00 then our reception in the Living Seas at 3:00 with a desert party in the lower UK at 8:00. We have hired Randy Chapman Photo & are looking into STVS vidio! Oh, Rev. Tim is our officiant.

So here are some of our questions:

Being we are staying at the GF & the Pavillion is attached to it, are there any options for transportation other than a limo? The coach is out of the question! This might sound dumb but I was thinking a golf cart! I thought that would be fun! Or do we walk?

We are looking into STVS. Does any one have prices for him?

I read on another post about plain wire coach center pieces and I think they are great! They are only about $17. Can I order them and have the florest decorate them? Also Does the disney florest use silk flowers as well as fresh? I was thinking to cut costs I would do the centerpieces in silks.(& then the guests will be able to take them home & keep them forever). Or i was thinking of doing them myself & shipping them to Disney. Has any one done this?

Has any one shipped and stored anything w/ there EM? How did it work out?

See the thing is that we are tring to cut a few costs here & there & We need some ideas!!!!! ;)

Ok here is the last 1:
When I spoke to Stan from STVS he told me you could request a specific DJ. He recomended Scooter. Has any one had him? I saw a vidio of him & he looks funny! Can you request a DJ? What are the chances you will get him?

Well thats all I have for now, like it isn't enough!
Thank you,

Lisa:jumping1:

Congrats on your wedding :teeth:

Just to answer a few of your questions, I shipped my unity candle and some other items to my EM for our Intimate Wedding. It worked out great as she brought them to the Wedding Pavilion on the day of the wedding and my MIL set it all up. It was great for us because that was one less thing we had to worry about checking on the plane. I would just ask for your EM's shipping address and ups stuff down there. I also shipped my wedding dress and my crinoline to Carolyn Allens which was also a great idea. I didn't have to worry about carrying my dress on the plane.

Great choice with Randy Chapman and STVS. We have nothing but great things to say about both, plus they work really well together. We just received our pictures from Randy and they were amazing. As for pricing, Stan has a lot of different pkgs at a lot of different price ranges and he was very willing to work with us on what we needed. We had to have ours rushed since our at home reception is this weekend, and my video is coming in the mail today, our wedding was Sept. 29!!!

As for transportation, they have an Cinderella's Coach, Landau Carriage, Vintage Cars, Limousines, almost anything you want if you are willing to pay for it :D

Hope this helps :Pinkbounc :bounce:

There were a million transportation options, many were listed in the original folder we received. I think the golf cart would be cute, if it is not listed just ask, I'm sure they'll figure a price.

I did not ship anything down there, but we shipped EVERYTHING back. My only caution would be for breakable items, be sure you know how they will be packaged. One of our toasting glasses was broken in half when it got home. Of course, we had bought Disney glasses, so we ordered replacements, but still not the same. Everything else, dress included, made it home fine. Our hotel actually held everything for a week for us and then shipped it so we would be home to receive it.

fugayzee, i listed some transportation prices on one of my threads. that will defintily be helpful for you. you can see some of randy chapman's work at www.chapmanphotography.com

Hi there,

For transportation, you can get one way towncars for about $21 each way. We used a limo for transportation as well as towncars for our day.

A golf cart may be an option but do consider the weather (this was something I did not factor in and we had a downpour most of the week we were there - including our wedding day). Walking would not have been an option!

As for shipping things to your EM, do discuss it with him/her to see if it is okay and if they have space. My EM had to store the one box I did send in his office as that was the only spot he had available.

As for the florist, you can bring things for them do decorate but beware - silk is NOT cheaper than real. I had my bouquet done in silk and it was $75-$100 more for that than in real! I got my BM's done in real because it was going to be $50 more for each of them in silk. (I had Disney do them). I made all the corsages for the Mom's and flowers for the guys in silk and that was very cheap!

Smiles,
Shillee
12/12/02
WP/BW/Illuminations
MK Bridal Portrait
Randy Chapman/STVS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter