• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our stay at the Saratoga Springs Resort

We plan ahead, we pay extra for a view room, we also put requests in. Most times it works but once in a while it doesn’t then we figure out a restaurant or bar that has a great view and spend our time there until it’s time to just go back to the room and call it a night.
Wasn't the end of the world for us, definitely a one an done though. We stayed on points, made the requests and all that - but yeah - we were told it was a "low turnover day". Coming from a Grand Floridian split stay - it was definitely a contrasting experience lol.

Which resort(s) have USB in kitchens? I don’t recall seeing any at VGF, AKV, OKW and SSR in the kitchens. I don’t think OKW has any USB charging outlets.

For anyone concerned about USB in the kitchens at OKW, we were there recently, and although we didn't find any in the kitchen there were some on the counter by the dining area. Very handy place for DH to plug in his phone every night,

Our first DVC trip was in 2008 at SSR. Our 2 DSs were 12 and 10. We spent a lot of time at the parks but did hit the pool a couple of nights. We bought into HHI the very next year, but at that time it never occurred to me how similar SSR and HHI are. This past February, my DH and I did some resort hopping. SSR was one of the resorts I wanted to go back to and explore some. It began with a walk through the wooded area coming from DS.

View attachment 666596

We also enjoyed checking out the Treehouse Villas. The thing that made me think of HHI the most though was all the people riding bikes. I was just blown away with how much it gave me the HHI vibe. I can see us staying at SSR in the future if we want a relaxing, slow-paced vacation.
SSR similar to HHI? That does it-now I can't wait to try it! The walkway looks appealing, since I'm a bird watcher. Only problem is I don't enjoy snakes, and that looks like where I might see one. Oh, well-hazard I'll accept. Do they rent surrey bikes at SSR?
I often do split stays, where I try a new resort (new meaning I've never stayed there before), then one I know I'd like. Maybe I'll split SSR with BCV or AKV.

SSR similar to HHI? That does it-now I can't wait to try it! The walkway looks appealing, since I'm a bird watcher. Only problem is I don't enjoy snakes, and that looks like where I might see one. Oh, well-hazard I'll accept. Do they rent surrey bikes at SSR?
I often do split stays, where I try a new resort (new meaning I've never stayed there before), then one I know I'd like. Maybe I'll split SSR with BCV or AKV.
The reason I said it reminded me of HHI is just the slow, relaxed atmosphere I witnessed there. People were riding bikes everywhere like they do at HHI, and of course, the Treehouse Villas are in a wooded area. Just missing the live oaks with Spanish moss! I would definitely pick this resort if I did a resort-only stay.

Yes, they do rent Surrey bikes at SSR. The rental location is at the Community Hall.

The reason I said it reminded me of HHI is just the slow, relaxed atmosphere I witnessed there. People were riding bikes everywhere like they do at HHI, and of course, the Treehouse Villas are in a wooded area. Just missing the live oaks with Spanish moss! I would definitely pick this resort if I did a resort-only stay.
We are going to HHI next week. We did not book at the Disney Resort although that why we like HHI because past stays at the Disney Resort there. We are going for 3 weeks and did not want to use points since we have too many other trips planned that we will use points.

Just got back from OKW one bedroom for my wife and I. Very comfortable and large. Had a very big porch with water and golf course views. Very quiet and peaceful. Only draw back was buss’s everywhere. We had a car so some of the reservations we had we drove. Ft. Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo and Disney Springs for our dinner reservation at the Boat House.

All of the Disney resorts have fairly tight security and I was wondering about the walkway between Disney Springs and Saratoga. I there some kind of 'guard' stopping people from Disney Springs just walking onto the grounds?
Yes at that time there wwas security before entering Disney springs from the Saratoga Springs entrance.

Yes at that time there wwas security before entering Disney springs from the Saratoga Springs entrance.
Hey 👋 the app is giving directions from SSR to walking to house of blues past cirque do you know if there are 2 security checkpoints as DS in May I thought I only saw the one near the Xmas shop?

7month window next week so trying to plan which non preferred block is best for us

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230312-072403.png
    Screenshot_20230312-072403.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 12
Hey 👋 the app is giving directions from SSR to walking to house of blues past cirque do you know if there are 2 security checkpoints as DS in May I thought I only saw the one near the Xmas shop?

7month window next week so trying to plan which non preferred block is best for us

Thanks
When we were there, the only security check when walking from SSR to DS was by the Xmas shop as you say. I don't believe that has changed.

All of the Disney resorts have fairly tight security and I was wondering about the walkway between Disney Springs and Saratoga. I there some kind of 'guard' stopping people from Disney Springs just walking onto the grounds?
I think what the poster is concerned about is people wandering onto the grounds of SSR from DS with evil intent. There's Disney security protecting DS, but I don't think that anyone going the other way, FROM DS to SSR. To the best of my knowledge, they're not checked. And if anyone says "How much damage can people do walking", remember that the Boston Marathon bombers killed 5 people-they were walking with a backpack. Where there's a will there's usually a way.

scary to say, no need to prove you are staying in any resort when boarding any of the buses at any park or ticket and transportation center. you can enter any resort with out being checked. I even hate to put this in writing. To many crazys in this world.

Just got back from OKW one bedroom for my wife and I. Very comfortable and large. Had a very big porch with water and golf course views. Very quiet and peaceful. Only draw back was buss’s everywhere. We had a car so some of the reservations we had we drove. Ft. Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo and Disney Springs for our dinner reservation at the Boat House.
Did a post on our trip to OKW with pics. Feel free to check it out in the DVC trip report section.

You did know you could take the boat do Disney Springs for that dinner at boat house?

You did know you could take the boat do Disney Springs for that dinner at boat house
we would have to take the car to the main building where the boat is because it was far from our room, we just felt since we were already in the car we would drive to DS so we would not have to wait for any boat or bus.

we would have to take the car to the main building where the boat is because it was far from our room, we just felt since we were already in the car we would drive to DS so we would not have to wait for any boat or bus.
We always stay at Turtle Pond near the bus stop and we always walk to the boat. Girls always get off the boat and head back to the room to get ready for bed, while me and that boys shut down Gurgling Suitcase for the night and then walk back. I think there will be years coming down the road where I don't walk everywhere but I am trying to fend them off as long as I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter